A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap Gallery (Send outs 8/16)  (Read 24076 times)
Tags for this thread: steampunk  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: August 31, 2010 10:49:44 AM »

The teacups were from Michaels, but I'd had them in my stash for a long time. The box-it had a book in it originally, the front flap is magnetic. I painted over the writing with a few layers of metallic rust lumineire. I decoupaged the airship,then sprayed on one coat of clear acrylic sealer. I had a little bit of neat ribbon to glue around the lid, but it was a teeny bit short, so I glued on a couple of metal doodads.
What's funny about the picture? It was from a free local weekly, advertising a music fest. I careully cut it out, and placed it between a book so it wouldn't get lost or crinkled while I painted. Then I lost it. Fortunately there was another ad for it in that weekly-I never did find the first one I cut out!
I'm glad you liked it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
loopylamb
« Reply #111 on: August 31, 2010 11:45:39 AM »

Awesome airship, I do agree. I love the once lost twice found story of the image, too. Seems like a lot of my crafting supplies share that saga...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Innaura

Here I am, doing science.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: August 31, 2010 10:46:35 PM »

Well, last I'd heard, ladylove's package had safely arrived at her sister's house, but then I haven't heard anything else.  Alchamy asked me to post pics of what I made.  I made four things, but only have pics of two of them.  Sad

First, right off her questionnaire, I smashed together a whole ton of things she likes-- the color brown, paisley, corduroy, feathers, circus steampunk, and her special wish for a cape with a hood.

Behold, the steampunk ringmaster's cape!

The picture doesn't really do it justice... the colors are so vibrant in person.  That's the purple and brown I was asking about!  The purple is a deep rich blue-purple, not as blue as it looks.

The second thing I have a pic for is the gear necklace!  She requested a choker length, and it was so hard to put this in the box... as you can see, I have an action shot.  Wink

The drops are a peacock green pearl, and the beads in between the gears are moss agate and amethyst.  I'm really proud of how this turned out.  I was inspired by a necklace I saw somewhere... a while back.  I sketched some ideas last year for this!  And now the opportunity came along and I found the gears.

The other things I made for her are two pairs of spats.  I almost made the kind that Alchemy made for her partner!  But instead, I used these patterns:
Steampunk spats:
http://arcanestickmagic.vox.com/library/post/steampunk-spats-pattern.html
I used grey yarn and a big silver button. 
And Spick and Spats:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spick-and-spats
Sorry, I can only find this pattern on Ravelry tonight.  But this lovely lady made them and blogged it: http://atia.blog.com/2010/01/11/spats/  I used black yarn and little silver sphere filigree buttons.  I almost didn't send them either, but they're awfully long for me because I almost never wear heels, and they're a bit too big for me to pull off the spats and sneakers look.  I'll have to make another (smaller!) pair for myself for sure!

I really hope she likes what I made, and I hope everything is okay over there!  (Plus, ladylove, I'm so sorry for spoiling it if you haven't gotten to open the package yet...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist, always a work in progress: http://www.wists.com/Innaura
DreamChild556

1+2+2+1. That's not six!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2010 05:01:49 AM »

I love the gear necklace! I too would've had a hard time putting that in the box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1,2 Freddy's coming for you.
3,4 better lock your door.
5,6 grab your crucifix.
7,8 gonna stay up late.
9,10 never sleep again.
Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2010 05:52:37 AM »

Ooo, very cool! I love the necklace, its beautiful! And I wanted to make that second pair of spats but I don't have any size 6 circulars...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2010 09:25:20 AM »

also loving the necklace!  it's just so pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2010 10:56:14 AM »

Everything is awesome!

I got my package from Staar84 on Saturday but didn't get around to posting until now (sorry for the delay!)

First, a bunch of reproduction vintage postcards (I didn't take a picture of any of the backs, but they have the address space on them too.) and some scrapbook embellishments:

Next up is a great journal:

I love how she did this, she actually sewed a cover and attached the really awesome vintage looking clock face to the front. The pages are lined inside.

My favorite thing though, it this super awesome cuff based on one that was on my wists:

Action shot!

Staar also sent a really nice note. Apparently something she was working on broke, and she offered to sent it if she can get if fixed, but what the package she sent is more than enough fabulous booty for me! Thanks again for everything Staar!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2010 11:06:07 AM »

Great package! The cuff is amazing. I like the postcards and the journal cover too...very steampunky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2010 11:16:29 AM »

I have that cuff on my wists too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin

this has been such a fun swap.  I still need to get my halter fixed, but right now, the heat and humidity are making wearing leather unbearable.  it's supposed to get cooler this weekend and into next week a little, so I'll try to work on it then.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
aisy
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2010 11:45:34 AM »

oh im wising that necklace innaura and the purple cuff is really pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Fairy Tail Lucy
How to Draw Evil Flippy
How to Draw Edward Elric
How to Draw Dioxys
How to Draw Little Rabbit Girl
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...