A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,379
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tiny happy things (LOTS of pics)  (Read 1258 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mamandemma

Crapouille once, crapouille forever

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 26, 2010 06:43:22 AM »

I subscribed to a swap. I had to make something handmade, related to school. Because well...; it's a school teachers' craft swap... Yes, I have to confess I am one of them Smiley Lately, i was thrown through those times when I was victim of an abusive husband. As I went on with the divorce process, last week, he started harassing me, sending me threatening e mails and insulting me on msn and such. Not happy happy time. Don't worry about me and my kid, we live on the other side of Earth, he can't do anything bad to us anymore.

Anyway, I felt hurt and started to feel this ball in my guts again, while I thought it was long gone then... I had to react. And I did. I decided that from this wrong time will raise some good. And I started to write a little thing that made me happy each day. Oh they are very tiny happiness, but to me they mean that whatever happens, there is some beauty and happiness around those who care to see them.

And it helped me a lot. Then I thought about the swap. And I decided to make a cover for my tiny happy things journal and to make another one for the one I had to send something to. Hoping that she will find some confort and peace writing on the pages. I went on the web, found some good ideas, let them stay and started to make it. It's a mix between quilting and embroidery. But most of all, it's happy and cudly Smiley

They are slightly different. I didn't use the same stitches to embroider the cover, one has a pen holder while the other hasn't. I embroidered the words 'Les petits bonheurs' which can be translated by 'Tiny happy things'. oh, because yes, I have to confess something else, I'm french....

As a matter of fact, I started a new one, along with my 5yo daughter. Each evening, just before she goes to bed, we find a little happy thing and I write a sentence about it. Then she draws it. The one you can see was 2 days ago: today, we made a heart softy together. (She drew it, I made it and and she loves it!!)

Hope you like it.

c&c welcome!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010 08:14:05 AM by mamandemma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
WildeHeart2105
McPhd

Aut vincere aut mori

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010 07:17:40 AM »

Your craft is beautiful and thank you so much for sharing your story with us! It was so touching and such a humble way to begin my day - your strength is inspiring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Psychology Instructor & Personal Trainer

http://www.EricaDHouse.com
jennilocker
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010 09:52:58 AM »

WOW.  You're post is inspiring and humbling.  Thank you for your positive outlook on life and for teaching your daughter that as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make it!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010 04:41:08 PM »

The books look great and I love your idea about looking for the little things every day that make us happy.  Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
margiej
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010 09:56:31 AM »

It is a happy little thing...I started smiling just checking out how it was made!  Good Luck and may you have peace and tranquility in your life this and every day.  I will, and I'm sure many others, will say a prayer for your and your daughter and your happiness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
Grave_13
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010 07:58:15 AM »

Very beautiful craft and inspiring post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
TheGimp - How to Use Decolorization
Photoshop Effects #1 - Pixel Background
How to Do A Napalm Run
How Disasters Are Made in Hollywood
How to Create Dramatic Coloring Effects in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...