A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,633
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas needed! Fashion show...and more  (Read 852 times)
Tags for this thread: fashion_show  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calvinlover16
« on: July 25, 2010 02:31:48 PM »

Simple terms: What are some cool ideas for the fashion show part or any other parts or the fundraiser. Decorations? good food to sell? Ect?

More Infor:
    Lately my friends and I(along with the person in charge of fundraisers at Children's Miracle Network) have been collaberating on a fundraiser. The fundraiser would include a fashion show (with many of the pieces made of recycled material) tables with crafts to sell(and other designers/vendors), bands playing and a silent auction. Now comes time for your help. What kindof things do you think we should sell at the tables with crafts?(we have started making unique jewelry,some bags made of recycled bags, and thats about all)  There will be other tables too with food and what not. If you have an ideas or links to turtorals that would be greatly appricated, because the more money we raise the better. (all the money made goes to the cause)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://benefitfashion.webs.com/  Fundraiser Blog with DIY's and more
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010 11:12:24 AM »

If you're going for a fashion theme at the craft tables, then easy and cheap crafts could be scrunchies, headbands, t-shirts with fun iron ons, scarves, etc.  For the fashion show, whatever clothes you have should be accompanied by something else that you could purchase at one of the tables.  Speak a little about the recycled nature of the clothing, the trendy ways you could wear it, who it'd be good for, and then marvel at how great your model looks.  Make sure your models smile a lot! 
The food that sells best at auctions is baked goods.  Seriously, don't waste your time trying to sell fancy high-class fare - a $2 set of cupcakes with lots of frosting and sprinkles will sell for 5 times that.  I'd divide the baked goods up into sets of 4-8, depending on how big the tables are, because often the tables will decide to buy them together.  I've seen a tasty-sounding and good-looking pie sell for $30 at a table.  That sounds crazy, but when 8 people are thinking, "Hey - I just have to chip in $3.50" then it goes a lot better.  \
Dollar store streamers and balloons are THE way to go for cheap but great looking decorations.  Put $10 into 3 packs of balloons and 7 rolls of streamers and you'll be A-OK.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
Meow16
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012 03:22:24 PM »

sounds fun! you could try your hand at making duck tape ipod cases or something like that
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meow16
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
No-Makeup Makeup Tutorial
How to Avoid Counterfeit Cosmetics
Best Beauty Products for Sensitive Skin
Summer Pastels Makeup Tutorial
Summer Corals Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...