A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,640
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Advent Calendar swap 2010 - send out extended to- 11/11  (Read 25934 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

darkladymajesta
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010 05:42:08 PM »

I have always been afraid to do swaps like this because I never think my crafts are good enough for christmas presents. I mean, regular no pressure added crafts are great. But christmas present crafts eek! I am trying to do a completely DIY family christmas this year so I would be remiss if I didn't include my craftster family. I will totally sign up for this swap. Cheesy I would definitely prefer a US partner because it means I can spoil them rotten... but getting presents from far away seems so cool too. Decisions, decisions. Can you tell I am excited? LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessblueberry
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010 03:29:02 AM »

I'm signing up!!!  I started collecting boxes for my advent calendar (both through swaps here and making them myself like 4 years ago) and now that my oldest wil be almost three this Christmas I'm hoping to have a finished set this year so I can start using them...I've only got 6 more to make before Christmas...

Each one has a different nativity scene or picture of Madona & Child...they range in size of a postage stamp to 8x8inches...a peak at some of the craftster portion of my calendar box collection:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
Angelicus
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010 03:47:26 AM »

What a lovely collection and idea princessblueberry - they are honestly gorgeous. Imight suggest that to my mum, as I'm sure it would be something she would like

I'm thinking hard about this one - I think I will be swayed into doing it. I'm glad that there are other UK/European people joining, ad the postage will gt very expensive - I was in the stocking stuffers swap last year and that was fairly pricey. If the postage is cheaper, I would also be able to spend more on the actual gifts. Also, if anyone did this last year, how much did you personalise the gifts? I'd like to, but I'm quite a slow crafter and september will be quite a big month for upheaval as I'll be starting a new school - it would be good to havesome of the stuff out of the way by then. Alternatively, I don't suppose any UK/European swaper is interested in partnering now so that we/I can get started sooner?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesan dstuff.wordpress.co m

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010 04:07:36 AM »

This sounds lovely!  I'm seriously considering.  Love the box collection! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
Gspinn

Crafting a girl's best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010 10:01:51 AM »

I am really interested in this swap. I need to talk to my fiance about it, but since there is a long crafting period it would be really fun. I told him I would lay of swaps for a while, but he loves Christmas so much he might just go for a swap like this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010 10:44:00 AM »

I'm so conflicted, lol!  Would love to do this, but I think I will wait a bit before I sign up.  My youngest will be going off to school this year so I'm hoping to start a new job.  I just don't want to stretch myself thin! 

Princessblueberry, those are gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
darkladymajesta
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010 07:01:54 PM »

I was thinking about making reusable bags for all of the advent presents. I want to make some for myself too so we don't have to buy wrapping paper every year, such a waste. If you were my partner would you mind if one of the days was a set of bags that they could wrap their presents in? I would number the bags with their tags to they could be reused as they got closer to christmas. Since they are simple to make I probably wouldn't count them anyways but I want your thoughts on the matter Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
koalascout
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010 07:23:17 PM »

will have to keep an eye on this one and see if i can fit it in or if a get a spot open

THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010 11:23:39 PM »

I was thinking about making reusable bags for all of the advent presents. I want to make some for myself too so we don't have to buy wrapping paper every year, such a waste. If you were my partner would you mind if one of the days was a set of bags that they could wrap their presents in? I would number the bags with their tags to they could be reused as they got closer to christmas. Since they are simple to make I probably wouldn't count them anyways but I want your thoughts on the matter Wink

Reusable bags are a good idea!  I made them for all the gals in my family (Mom, 2 sisters, MIL, SIL and 2 nieces) made them so they could double a shopping bags or project/toy bags afterward.  Another idea are the furoshiki...they have tons of tutorials online how to use them to wrap and carry different shaped items
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
Angelicus
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010 04:13:16 AM »

I love the idea of paper bags....and thanks for the tip off about furoshiki, they look really gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesan dstuff.wordpress.co m

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Coffee-Filter Tree
Indoor Holiday Branch Tree
How to Select the Perfect Christmas Tree
Personalizing the Holiday Dinner Table
How to Decorate Outdoors for the Holidays
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...