A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,527
Currently Running With Scissors:
335 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Advent Calendar swap 2010 - send out extended to- 11/11  (Read 26518 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Angelicus
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2010 03:36:47 AM »

I think that sounds quite a good idea.  Smiley

I get that it'd make it harder to comment directly but I think it'd make sure people where more likely to post their pics and it'd be easier to see who sent what.

I'm glad you think it could work. The following id the link to what I was thinking of - it seems to work quite well in it: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=323165.msg3729359#msg3729359
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
BoyceMachine
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2010 02:47:11 AM »

That's me pretty much finished my advent calendar now.   Wink

I'm hoping to be super organised with this swap and can't wait 'til we're partnered up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

www.wists.com/Boycemachine
stefaniegk
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010 11:58:43 AM »

Just sent in my form!!! I can't wait.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://stefaniegk.tumblr.com         

76/124 in 2013!                          I love personal swaps!
kmac

kmac at art camp

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2010 07:11:24 PM »

I loved advent calendars as a kid, and I still love the idea of having something special to look forward to every day (it's like 25 birthdays in a row!) but I'm not Christian and don't really celebrate Christmas (my mom is Catholic, so I had traditional Christmases growing up)...  I wonder if there are any other non-Christian crafters who would want to sign up and do a non-religious advent calendar...

I would love to do a non-religious advent calendar - hope I am able to sign up for this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010 08:44:22 PM »

I think a fair number of people did non-religous calendars last year.  I know I did one religous and 1 non-religous.  if you want to, send me an amendmant about whether you want to make/recieve non-religous
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
SciFunk
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2010 05:34:42 PM »

I just had an idea about the gallery - could we do something similer to what they do on another swap that I've seen (I think it was the 12days of christmas or halloween swap) and each person just post all the pictures in one post (they could reserve this at the start of the swap) - they keep editing it to add stuff in. Then there could be a link to each persons mini gallery eg. post on the first post of the gallery. That might work a little bit better, although you then don't get so much of a chance to comment directly on a post ... all the comments could be after the galleries. Just a suggestion if that might work a bit better?

I agree, that sounds like a good idea.

On a similar note, how does picture posting work? Someone mentioned earlier that holidays get kind of hectic, and that's my only reservation about signing up for this. Is there a way I could get a partner that would let me open early so I could be done and have my pictures posted by the 19th or something? I guess you could post pictures after Christmas, but it's so crazy that I'd probably just forget or keep putting it off, so doing it early seems like a better plan. Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2010 09:08:00 PM »

I plan to use the same method of gallery as the halloween swaps, as for opening early, I think that kind of spoils the fun, but if you take pictures of the stuff you send and your partner has not posted the final days pics by December 28th, you can post them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
purple_girl
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2010 03:00:23 AM »

Wow,this sounds awesome! Im considering signing up, but Im in the UK too, and would really like to send to the same country, to keep postage lower if possible!!
Angelicus, i just saw your post about wanting to start early - Im starting uni at the end/mid Sept so wouldnt mind (to study on a craft course!!), though I guess it is a little late now, but dont mind!!
Hmm, debating, eeeh, i reeally want to join, it sounds so much fun, though I hadnt even considered Christmas until I saw this, though with this rainy weather we've been having it does feel more like winter  Tongue Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
udhillb
I live a knitting life, everything else is secondary. "Want to go out for a drink?" "Nope, sorry, I have a project at home that I'm close to finishing."

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2010 09:54:37 AM »

I'm still considering joining too! Gah!

Nov. 1 Just seems early to send for me while maintaining my other swaps. Boo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angelicus
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2010 01:49:49 PM »

Wow,this sounds awesome! Im considering signing up, but Im in the UK too, and would really like to send to the same country, to keep postage lower if possible!!
Angelicus, i just saw your post about wanting to start early - Im starting uni at the end/mid Sept so wouldnt mind (to study on a craft course!!), though I guess it is a little late now, but dont mind!!
Hmm, debating, eeeh, i reeally want to join, it sounds so much fun, though I hadnt even considered Christmas until I saw this, though with this rainy weather we've been having it does feel more like winter  Tongue Tongue

I'd be happy with that - I did send off a message to someone to see if they were interested in partnering last saturday but I haven't heard back. If i don't hear back by tomorrow I'd be more than happy to partner - I'll write more tomorrow as I am on a friends laptop now and the keys are too small for me to write properly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make a Chocolate Vodka Martini
How to Audition
INVADER- Rubix Cubism- Indoor- Part 2
Space Invader- Binary Code Street Art- Part 1
The Animation Chefs - Episode 4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...