A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
391 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please let me know what you think of my logo ideas  (Read 5773 times)
Tags for this thread: logo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

EvelynnFox
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010 06:09:00 AM »

I love the second one, and it gives you the option of changing the colors of the buttons for different seasons, or moods, or whatever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
malmow
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010 08:37:28 AM »

I just wanted to suggest that if you still like the rounded font but can't find one that bolds, you can try dafont.com for free fonts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raennn
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010 09:08:10 AM »

I love the second one,just the way it is, and I didn't notice  "butt" at all. Customers won't be obsessing like people on here, so don't worry too much. Only thing I ever get obsessive on about where I shop is if there's misspelling or really bad grammar. The buttons definitely make me think you sell buttons, but not *only* buttons, so as long as you sell some you should be fine. I would be annoyed if Harriet Hats didn't have any hats!
I also liked the of idea having two different fonts, the first one kinda whimsical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is confusing, just when you think it's over it throws you a view like this and you don't know where you are.
- Evy in Driving Lessons
SciFunk
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010 10:38:38 AM »

You seem to have lots of opinions on everything else, but I thought I'd put my two cents in on the issue of the name itself. I definitely thought you would be selling buttons (or stuff with buttons on them), and if I wasn't looking for buttons or things with them I think I'd glaze over anything branded with that name. There seem to be a couple other opinions on that front, but I thought I'd give you my thoughts. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010 02:32:01 PM »

If you're going to diversify, then get rid of the button. The name Becky Button is plenty clever without having to resort to the obvious. I think you're getting stuck because you think you need a button. You do not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bekibutton
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010 02:58:47 PM »

Thanks again for all your replies Smiley

I did a little tally and I think it works out that one button and the rounded font are the most popular. However I've read through the many suggestions and come up with a few more mockups

I have now given myself way more choice - d'oh! Makes it even harder to decide  Roll Eyes

I'm a little confused, as you spell your name with an 'i' and use 'y' in the logo. Your name is usually all over your etsy site as proprietor and I think people like me would be confused.

Yeah, I spell my real name Becki but Becky Button is kind of my alter ego, so I'm going to have to remember to spell it differently when I'm doing stuff as her Cheesy

I wanted a memorable item as the 'charm' on the dangle chains for my bracelets and necklaces (I've been using rhino charms for my charity items and little generic button charms for everything else) so I was hoping to use one of the buttons from my logos. Not sure what to use otherwise....

Thanks again!

Becki
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was gonna take over the world but got distracted by something shiny

beckybutton.wordpress.com
beckybutton.etsy.com
raennn
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2010 07:01:38 PM »

I still like the multi button one, it makes it look like you have a variety of buttons at the very least hehe. And it's fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is confusing, just when you think it's over it throws you a view like this and you don't know where you are.
- Evy in Driving Lessons
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010 05:45:34 PM »

The "fancier" font in the last one, the "b" looks a little like an "h", so I'd go with some other font for that. Guess you're going for a button, then. What about something a little less old fashioned? Sorry, it's good exercise for me. The bottom one is just "eh", but in many cases, simplicity is the best cure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010 05:39:16 AM »

Nice, CraftyChef! I really like the first one. You could also split the elements and use just the button illustration if you wished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
kitkraft
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2010 12:22:55 PM »

Becky I think the first and second word should be the same font weight style. keep it clear.  I like using the single button for the o in button thats cute.  try a different font though I'm not feeling those serifs. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 8/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 9/28
How to Crochet a Soap Holder
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 4/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 6/28
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...