A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Please let me know what you think of my logo ideas  (Read 5304 times)
Tags for this thread: logo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bekibutton
« on: July 25, 2010 08:35:44 AM »

Hello all,

I'm looking to rebrand my Etsy shop (amongst other things) in preparation for introducing a new range of products. My current 'brand identity' was a five-minute thing and not intended to be long-term. Now I'm looking for something a little more professional and versatile. I've been asking my younger sister for her opinions on my logo designs but she thinks everything I do is amazing Grin so it would be great to get impartial and honest feedback from my peers please Smiley

I intend to be selling a diverse range of products so have tried to stay away from anything too specific. One thing is, with my 'company' name and the current logo ideas, do you expect me to be selling buttons? I read it as being just an unusual name but then I've been calling myself Becky Button for years so I'm probably a little desensitised to it...  Huh

I started out with this idea, which I thought was ok but lacking a bit of spark (it's based on my avatar):

So then I tried to jazz it up a bit:

The idea with the second one is that those buttons can be whatever colour(s) I want them to be - Xmas colours in December for example, or shades of green for eco-friendly products.

Please help me to work out what to do! Any feedback gratefully received (but please be gentle)  Kiss

Becki
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was gonna take over the world but got distracted by something shiny

beckybutton.wordpress.com
beckybutton.etsy.com
6craftycats
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010 09:13:28 AM »

I really like the first one. I think its because I like the font. I like how the rounded edges of the font looks with the round button. I also like one button. I think it gives it a more sophicated look.

The second one is cute. The multi-buttons give it a more whimsical look. Have you tried the first font in a bolder style with the 3 buttons?

I think you should go with whatever mood your looking for your shop. I love the idea of changes the colors to fit the season or whatever. (BTW I have a degree in graphic arts altho I am not currently a designer.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaybiff
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010 09:37:26 AM »

I think the first one, the one with the single button, is nice. It's simple and to the point, and it's easy to read. I immediately understood that "oh, hey, the button is an 'o'." Maybe it's my ADD acting up, but when I look the second one I get too caught up looking at the multiple button and I forget what I was reading in the first place.

I think changing colors for different events and seasons is a good idea, but I think you can still do that with the single button.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NaomiPhoto
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010 10:55:57 AM »

I like both of the logos. I like the font in the first one but I like the idea of the three buttons. It would look so cute to have different colors for holidays! Very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
claydaze
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010 11:32:24 AM »

I like the first design the best. It is easy to "read" because the blue button visually replaces the letter O. In the second design, my eyes initially tried to read all the buttons as individual letters so, to me, it read as "but-toon" like the word cartoon. The other thing my eyes noticed was the bold lettering spelling "butt" . Spaced between non-bold lettering and the trio of buttons, that single syllable word jumped out to stand alone... but, hey, I may have been around giggling first graders far too long.

So your first design definitely gets my vote. It's simple but elegant, easy to read, and memorable. Good luck with whatever design you choose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bekibutton
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010 01:03:53 PM »

Thank you for the feedback guys (and for being gentle lol)!

So I think we've narrowed it down to the single button which, now I look back at both designs, I definitely prefer. Although when I first did it the highlight was white and I didn't like it so much.

Unfortunately the font in the first one doesn't 'bold' so I can't do the not-boldbold thing with it. I could buy Arial Rounded which gives a similar effect although obviously I'd prefer to work with the fonts I've got... so I've redone the second logo with the button from the first. Seems like everyone prefers the more rounded font though Huh

Thank you again  Kiss
Becki
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was gonna take over the world but got distracted by something shiny

beckybutton.wordpress.com
beckybutton.etsy.com
Mienna
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010 01:23:57 PM »

I like the font of the first one but the there buttons of the second one. I like how versatile the three buttons will be for different holidays/ideas. They both look great, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010 01:47:00 PM »

I agree with claydaze about the "butt" standing out. I think bolding it emphasizes it, making it look like butt-n or butt in. So here's what I would try to resolve it. I'd stick with the thinner font, and consider replacing the 3d-looking button image with the o from the font you are using, but with 4 dots in the o to make it look like a button. Then you can introduce color by changing the becky part to the blue of the current button or whatever color you want. I also would use a different font, perhaps an italicised or scripty one for the first name. Ribbon, maybe?

Another option would be to put the button image inside the circular parts of the b's instead of the o.

Ultimately, your logo represtents you and you should love it. Regardless of how much or little people like your logo, as long as you provide good products and service, people will start to associate your logo with those things and get a positive feeling about it, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010 02:17:56 PM »

I'm not a graphic designer, but I do play one on TV! I just thought, you know, a picture's worth a thousand words, so here's what I was talking about.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
MVPMOM
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010 05:30:22 PM »

Hi! I like the second one with the 3 buttons.  It stands out more.  I seem to be in the minority on this one. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pete’s ‘Combo’ Pizza
How to Make Grilled Tomato and Basil Pizza
Deviled Egg Trio
Perfect Recipe For Burger Lovers
Taste A Cronut? Just One Of The Hot NYC Food Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...