A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
402 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 21st birthday booze pinata  (Read 2453 times)
Tags for this thread: pinata , booze , 21st_birthday , plane , alcohol , papier_mache  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OkieMist
A choice of words is a choice of worlds - Richard Lederer

Yay for today!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2010 07:58:45 AM »

My younger brother's 21st birthday was several months ago and I decided he NEEDED a booze pinata. As in one filled with those little bottles of alcohol that (theoretically) you can buy on airplanes (though I've never seen them there!?!) He's a pilot so I thought a plane pinata would be just the thing!
Modified an empty bleach or detergent bottle to use as my base since wanted something strong enough to hold a few pounds without busting. Cut a cargo door on the underside of the plane to load the bottles. Did the whole paper mache thing (had planned to make it entirely blue but figured out I didn't have enough of the blue tissue so a red stripe made it into the design). Decided to make it a pull string pinata since the thought of hitting it with a stick and seeing alcohol flying everywhere was not appealing. Finished it off with a picture of him driving the plane! (Found plenty of the mini alcohols in plastic bottles so I didn't have to worry about them shattering once they fell out)
He really liked it and had never heard of such a thing as a booze pinata! Yay for craftiness and booze!

Though it looks off centered in the pics it sat fairly straight. Hung on the stairs just for pictures; did not open it there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The important work of moving the world forward does not wait to be done by perfect men. -george eliot
Lillibet
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010 11:02:44 AM »

Wow. A booze pinata is brilliant enough, but a crafty one? A crafty personalized one? No wonder he loved it! It's fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Keep Long Hair Tangle Free
How to Create Curly Hairstyles with Bouncy Curls
How to Create Curly Updos for Long Hair for Prom
How to Create Prom Updo Hairstyles
How to Do a Messy Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...