A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gothic chokers and chainmaille Lots of pics  (Read 1282 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scarlet_nights
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 23, 2010 08:17:10 AM »

I am not trying to  sell anything but Im so excited that I need to tell people my good news. There is this awsome shop that I ran across taking the bf to work one day. While looking around I got into a conversation with the owner about a necklace I was wearing, I'd wraped a chunk of stone with chainmaille. She was very interested in it and asked me to make a few mock ups of different things and if they were good she would put them in the shop. I was a nervious wreck about it, Ive never tried to sell my stuff or ever really thought it was worth selling but Ive secretly always wanted too. I have put a few things in my family's shop but I dont really think that counts.

Well she absolutly LOVED my stuff! I was so stressed that when I was showing her the things I was shaking and kept droping things lol. She took it all and wants to put me as a featured artist! I am still in shock over that since I have never thought myself an artist just someone with an interesting hobby.
Ok enough of the rambaling on to what people really want, the pics.

Once again Im not trying to sell anything just wanting to show what Ive done.
This is a choker that she requested. Ive never made one before but it was fun and I plan to make different ones.
The back of said choker. I glued ribbon to the edges and then chainmailled the clasp to give it some interest.
This is a piece of antique lace a friend gave me. I love using found objects in my jewlery.
I try and make the back of things as intersting as the frount. Here I used gold chain to hang at different lenghts.
I had a scrap of lace left over from the choker so I decided it would make a nice bracelet.
I corseted the back for added interest.
I love this weave. Its called rose or flower and is super easy. These earrings took me roughly 10 minutes. My bf was teasing me becasue I made them while I was at his work waiting for him to get off one night.
I like to make rings. you cant see it but for the band I used a clear hair elastic. I usually maille the band as well but the requires the finger of the person the ring is for.
Another right slightly different.
This is a 4in1 necklace. I just learned how to do this weave as well.
Close up of 4in1. The center line is sliver to add interest.
The owner of the store requested circlets which I completly forgot about untill about 20 minutes before I left the house. The part in the center is some random maille that I was playing around with. I thought it would be interesting on the forehead.
You cant see it well but the bead at the end of the dangle is a rinstone it catches the light lovely when you move around.
This is like the necklace that started the whole thing. Its a chunk of Sodalite wraped in chainmaille. It was funny while I was doing this, to get it to wrap right I ended up making a finger of a glove and mailleing while it was on my hand.

Thats all. Thanks for looking and as always C and C welcome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NinjaCylon

What? What! What?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010 01:11:53 PM »

oo la laa... I really like the first choker and the headpiece! Very gothic and elegant!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly.... timey-wimey.... stuff."
miss sarah jane
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010 04:46:25 PM »

Wowee, congratulations!  That's really exciting news.   Smiley

My favourites are the second ring and the circlet.  The earrings are also awesome.  Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010 08:47:30 PM »

That is awesome!
The first necklace and the small ring are very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crendon
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010 11:54:00 PM »

I really wish I was a circlet-wearing kind of girl...it's beautiful! congrats on your work, very well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scarlet_nights
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010 07:53:51 AM »

The funny thing is I love this stuff but I think I would look absolutly rediculous in stuff like chokers and circlets. Which is sad because I think some of it is soo pretty (and yes i know Im talking about my own work lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Will Veggie Desserts Be the Cronut of 2014?
Make It Easy: Snow Day Recipes Kids Can Make
How to Make Chocolate Orange Cookies
Vanilla Marshmallows Recipe
How to Make Candy Cane Truffles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...