A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,116
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TV Addict Summer Hiatus Swap Gallery!  (Read 5855 times)
Tags for this thread: tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tamalama
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010 01:31:12 PM »

I just got my package from puzzler.  She really spoiled me, everything is fabulous.  I love it all.  There was a House MD "Its not lupus" shirt and rubber stamp (love that because of the irony that I have lupus), a Lie to Me apron with Dr Lightmans quote "Truth or Happiness.  Never both", a super cute Family Guy photo frame and a necklace and bracelet inspired by Top Gear (it's on BBC and it is the funniest show on tv).  Thanks so much puzzler!!!!!

Heres the whole spread:

The House MD shirt and stamp:

The Lie To Me apron:

The Family Guy Brian frame and Top Gear jewelry set:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/tamalama

I love personal swaps, pm if interested!
mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010 03:53:09 PM »

I got my huge package from MICHELEIGH34 today!  It was great, I will start with my favorite a retro TV jewelry box ( I had asked for some storage)

Next, a Sheldon Bazinga! shirt. It is a bit snug for a action shot, but I am in a weightloss mindset so maybe ill be wearing it in time to watch season 4!

A bracelet with lots of images from my favorite shows, the picture is of Remington Steele & Laura Holt (Remington Steele)

A double hip bag, one Remington Steele, one Glee

a slap bet commisioner bag, the back has other awesome show images including good eats & doogie howser

Thanks everything is wonderful.
Just to share: Scarecrow & Mrs King and Remington Steele were to cop shows (with love/hate partner romances) from the 80s. They started before I was born, but recently my mom got me hooked on watching them. Apparently I love the Scarecrow song when I was a baby? All they have out of DVD is season 1! Its killing me not to see the rest
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schonwiedersamstag

"like a child dizzy on lemonade"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010 04:55:20 PM »

Wow, so much was already posted and it all looks great. Love the Bazinga Shirt and the slap bet commisioner bag is really funny. But ...

... I received my package and I definitely couldn't have wished for anything else. It's the best, I love everything so much.

First there was a really cute card and some Buffy coasters. I hadn't told my partner that I always force everyone to use coasters so this was a perfect thing to receive. They will be put to good use.

Then (to stay with the Buffy theme) there was a Buffy monkey. It has a little label on the back, but I believe the little stake makes it immediately recognizable. It's also super soft (except for the stake  Grin ).

Now I unpacked this bag, which (even before seeing the little Dalek) I recognized as Doctor Who related. The pattern is so pretty and even people who have never seen DW tell me they like it a lot.

This might be my favorite item of the package. I wore it almost constantly since it arrived. I hope everyone can see on the picture that there are the letters for lost (and tons of other cool things) and - the best - a picture of Ian Somerhalder.  Cheesy

Then Sylvanna had a genius idea to integrate almost every single tv show I listed in the questionnaire. She made me stickers. I can't wait to put them all over my - and everyone elses Wink - stuff.

In the card she had writen that she had found something extra that was in the envelope. I really didn't know what it was and when I found out I was in shock. I have witnesses that can testify that I could not stop grinning. It's a John Barrowman autograph.

Thank you so much Sylvanna, everything is great and I love it all so much. I went to my parents house today and I had to carry it all with me just to show it around to everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"O nein, schon wieder Samstag und eine lauwarme Sommernacht"
"Und die Mdchen glauben daran, dass im Rabauken verschollen
Ein Prinz nach Freiheit schreit den sie haben wollen "
Sylvanna

What the what?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010 11:56:02 PM »

I'm so happy that you like everything  Cheesy I had a lot of fun deciding what to make from your list of favourites Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puzzler
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010 04:04:37 PM »

I got a package from SaralaAnne today.  Here is everything:   t-shirt (Buffy), pineapple (!) and bracelet (Psych), Starbug earrings (Red Dwarf), candy blood slides, which actually melted on the way, but sound like a great idea to make (Dexter) and a beautiful Daily Show embroidered logo.  Oh, yeah... and some Office stickers.

Here is a more detailed picture of earrings and bracelet.

This is my favorite thing!!!

Thank you for everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010 04:35:14 PM »

Alright, I got sick of trying to find my SD card for my camera, so I broke down and bought a new one. Thankfully the price has dropped over the past 3 years!

Okay, onto my lovely goodies. Time to get your wisting clickers ready, and I'm sorry if you have dial up, because this is going to be picture HEAVY!

First off, there was a beautiful market bag and apron (Hell's Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares, and we might as well add Master Chef to that as well. Sooner or later, Gordon Ramsy is going to own Fox.)

Then, inside the bag, was a bunch of little bags FILLED with JEWELRY! Squee! Okay, let's see, there was a bag for Bones, with a charm bracelet and a bookmark (Funny, because just the day before I decided that I was going to start reading the books and ordered one of them!)

Then there was a bag for Glee! with a bracelet with all of their promo posters where their doing the L thing, as well as a key chain with Sue and Will.

Up next was Muppets. I am a FREAK for the Muppets! Seriously, I own like 6 shirts with them on it, so I will ALWAYS have something to wear my awesome Beaker/Dr Bunson Honeydew earrings and necklace, along with the bracelet of most of the whole cast. Let's see, there's Dr Bunson Honeydew, Dr Teeth, Zoot, Animal, Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Fozzie, a group shot of Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayham, Statler and Waldorf, Pepe, Janice, Kermit, Scooter, Gonzo and Camille, Sam, Miss Piggy, Rizzo, Swedish Chef, Lew Zealand, Rawlf, and Cliffard. I wore these yesterday and my coworker LOVED them!

In another little baggie was True Blood! Again, a different coworker almost mugged me for these I think, lol. There was a Sookie and Bill key chain with a "I want to do bad things with you" tag, some Merlotte's earrings, some licking lips earrings, and a necklace with the same licking lip charm, a black and white lip licking cell phone charm, and a bottle of trublood, and a Fangasia sign.

And there was yet ANOTHER bag for Misc. TV shows. There was a House keychain, a Homer Simpson cell phone charm, a TAPS key chain (already on my keys) with a little ghost, and a pair of Hermin Munster earrings! Those might seriously be my every day earrings.

But that's not all folks. For the same swap, she threw in some bonus game-y goodness, for no additional cost! That's a $29.99 value absolutly free! Okay, I feel like the dork I am now. Anyways, there was an awesome Mario charm bracelet, as well as some Scrabble tile earrings.

Maybe I shouldn't try to be the next Billy Mays...But seriously, this was an AWESOME package, and I totally LOVE everything! Thank you so much, tamamala!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010 03:52:09 AM »

wait, is that  an actual pineapple?! that would be a very surprising thing to find in a package.
great packages everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stefaniegk
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010 09:04:41 AM »

tamamala-what did you use to make the jewerly? They look really cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://stefaniegk.tumblr.com         

76/124 in 2013!                          I love personal swaps!
SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010 12:40:48 PM »

tamamala-what did you use to make the jewerly? They look really cool.

I'm not sure, but I think it's shrinky dinks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
Nobodyhasthisoneyet
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010 01:47:33 AM »

OK, prepare to be blown comprehensively away by the magnificent package I've received from Stephanie.  It's absolutely brilliant in every conceivable way.

Magnificent Doctor Who clock, with a collage face featuring all the Doctors to date on a background of the TARDIS console:

(I've played with the contrast a bit, to make the collage show up better through the glass)

Aaand... in situ in my kitchen:

Lovely sturdy tote, with perfectly rendered QI logo:

A set of notecards...

Each one is different (which I didn't realise at first... so that was a nice surprise hours later when I finally got around to inspecting each one) and has a quote or tidbit from one of my favourite shows. 

I squee-ed aloud like some sort of midlife-crisi-having Stephen Fry fangirl when I found this one:

In honour of this marvelous blooper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVBXb4XIqE#t=0m23s
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer online regularly - if you need to contact me, try tweeting @artsieaspie.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Sake Lees
Making Langzhou Noodles
Making Kimchi with David Chang
Green Papaya Soup with Lobster and Turmeric
Seared Fish with Maple Tamarind Glaze
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...