A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,191
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TV Addict Summer Hiatus Swap Gallery!  (Read 5879 times)
Tags for this thread: tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2010 08:50:42 AM »

We have had our fist sender... so open for business  Grin
Can't wait to see everything

Sent
Received
Sent & Received
Contact Me ASAP
late with communication
feedback left

tamalama --->SaralaAnne
SaralaAnne --->puzzler
puzzler--->tamalama

Sylvanna <--->schonwiedersamstag

pioneer9<--->holliesademocrat

mandys08 <----> MICHELEIGH34

Nobodyhasthisoneyet <--->stefaniegk
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010 04:45:05 AM by mandys08 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
stefaniegk
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010 09:32:01 PM »

Here are my items from my partner! She made me a cool bag that is reversible and based off a photo from Alice from Syfy. Also a set of coasters and two cool boxes.
Thanks Jodie!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://stefaniegk.tumblr.com         

76/124 in 2013!                          I love personal swaps!
mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010 04:06:41 AM »

That retro TV box is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sylvanna

What the what?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010 07:42:13 AM »

Oooh...nice bag design - I think I might need to watch Alice   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stefaniegk
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010 04:23:51 PM »

I have to be honest-I only love Alice because I fell for the Hatter in the last 30 seconds of the show. The more I watch it though the more I like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MICHELEIGH34
Michele Raving Queen of the Freaks!

OH! I CAN be AWESOME!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010 07:12:48 PM »

I received and I finally got around to taking pics I gave up on buying batteries because I just can not seem to remember to do so , so thank you Blackberry technology.  I received from Mandys08 and who is tickled shades of black?  That's right!  I am!  wait for it...it will be awesome!

from CHUCK my very own Jeffster t shirt, eeeekkkk  you know they rock!

we can't decide a show for this so we are going with cop drama, she knew I wanted a messenger bag and I love it!

Law and Order SVU Olivia Benson stamp and I believe I may be the bitch now!  I am loving it!  may stamp everything at work with it

a Morgan Buy More workshort cozy from CHUCK and it is too freakin cool and it is of course to be followed by the CHUCK shirt from the Nerd Herd cozy

and if I was not totally spoiled there is one more thing

NCIS navy aircraft carrier charm
NCIS Abby's Caf Pow Cup
Big Bang Theory drink so Raj can chat up the ladies
train for Sheldon
Marshall's best hamburger in NYC
french horn for Ted and Robin
in honor of cop shows  a badge and handcuffs

and now I may wear the bracelet forever and ever!

whoo hoo I love everything !  I have been spoiled
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010 12:46:48 PM »

Love the shirts!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

Sitting in my room, with a needle in my hand...

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010 03:30:22 PM »

Squee! I recieved today. Prepare to be envious. I'll post pictures and send PMs when I get back from the store.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Currently on a swap break...
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010 04:47:23 AM »

Oh i'm so jealous, Michele!!

The TV themed bracelet, Jeffster shirt and BONES (because that's obviously what it's for!) bag. You lucky thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010 05:06:35 AM »

Oh i'm so jealous, Michele!!

The TV themed bracelet, Jeffster shirt and BONES (because that's obviously what it's for!) bag. You lucky thing.

Actually I wasn't thinking about that, she listed on another post she wanted a skull themed messenger bag. Bones wasn't one of the shows (shocking!) but it did give me an excuse to buy some of that awesome Alexander Henry roboskull fabric I had been eyeing. and I have a bit leftover since I bought 2 yards on purpose Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamalama
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010 01:31:12 PM »

I just got my package from puzzler.  She really spoiled me, everything is fabulous.  I love it all.  There was a House MD "Its not lupus" shirt and rubber stamp (love that because of the irony that I have lupus), a Lie to Me apron with Dr Lightmans quote "Truth or Happiness.  Never both", a super cute Family Guy photo frame and a necklace and bracelet inspired by Top Gear (it's on BBC and it is the funniest show on tv).  Thanks so much puzzler!!!!!

Heres the whole spread:

The House MD shirt and stamp:

The Lie To Me apron:

The Family Guy Brian frame and Top Gear jewelry set:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/tamalama

I love personal swaps, pm if interested!
mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010 03:53:09 PM »

I got my huge package from MICHELEIGH34 today!  It was great, I will start with my favorite a retro TV jewelry box ( I had asked for some storage)

Next, a Sheldon Bazinga! shirt. It is a bit snug for a action shot, but I am in a weightloss mindset so maybe ill be wearing it in time to watch season 4!

A bracelet with lots of images from my favorite shows, the picture is of Remington Steele & Laura Holt (Remington Steele)

A double hip bag, one Remington Steele, one Glee

a slap bet commisioner bag, the back has other awesome show images including good eats & doogie howser

Thanks everything is wonderful.
Just to share: Scarecrow & Mrs King and Remington Steele were to cop shows (with love/hate partner romances) from the 80s. They started before I was born, but recently my mom got me hooked on watching them. Apparently I love the Scarecrow song when I was a baby? All they have out of DVD is season 1! Its killing me not to see the rest
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schonwiedersamstag

"like a child dizzy on lemonade"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010 04:55:20 PM »

Wow, so much was already posted and it all looks great. Love the Bazinga Shirt and the slap bet commisioner bag is really funny. But ...

... I received my package and I definitely couldn't have wished for anything else. It's the best, I love everything so much.

First there was a really cute card and some Buffy coasters. I hadn't told my partner that I always force everyone to use coasters so this was a perfect thing to receive. They will be put to good use.

Then (to stay with the Buffy theme) there was a Buffy monkey. It has a little label on the back, but I believe the little stake makes it immediately recognizable. It's also super soft (except for the stake  Grin ).

Now I unpacked this bag, which (even before seeing the little Dalek) I recognized as Doctor Who related. The pattern is so pretty and even people who have never seen DW tell me they like it a lot.

This might be my favorite item of the package. I wore it almost constantly since it arrived. I hope everyone can see on the picture that there are the letters for lost (and tons of other cool things) and - the best - a picture of Ian Somerhalder.  Cheesy

Then Sylvanna had a genius idea to integrate almost every single tv show I listed in the questionnaire. She made me stickers. I can't wait to put them all over my - and everyone elses Wink - stuff.

In the card she had writen that she had found something extra that was in the envelope. I really didn't know what it was and when I found out I was in shock. I have witnesses that can testify that I could not stop grinning. It's a John Barrowman autograph.

Thank you so much Sylvanna, everything is great and I love it all so much. I went to my parents house today and I had to carry it all with me just to show it around to everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"O nein, schon wieder Samstag und eine lauwarme Sommernacht"
"Und die Mdchen glauben daran, dass im Rabauken verschollen
Ein Prinz nach Freiheit schreit den sie haben wollen "
Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010 11:56:02 PM »

I'm so happy that you like everything  Cheesy I had a lot of fun deciding what to make from your list of favourites Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puzzler
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010 04:04:37 PM »

I got a package from SaralaAnne today.  Here is everything:   t-shirt (Buffy), pineapple (!) and bracelet (Psych), Starbug earrings (Red Dwarf), candy blood slides, which actually melted on the way, but sound like a great idea to make (Dexter) and a beautiful Daily Show embroidered logo.  Oh, yeah... and some Office stickers.

Here is a more detailed picture of earrings and bracelet.

This is my favorite thing!!!

Thank you for everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010 04:35:14 PM »

Alright, I got sick of trying to find my SD card for my camera, so I broke down and bought a new one. Thankfully the price has dropped over the past 3 years!

Okay, onto my lovely goodies. Time to get your wisting clickers ready, and I'm sorry if you have dial up, because this is going to be picture HEAVY!

First off, there was a beautiful market bag and apron (Hell's Kitchen/Kitchen Nightmares, and we might as well add Master Chef to that as well. Sooner or later, Gordon Ramsy is going to own Fox.)

Then, inside the bag, was a bunch of little bags FILLED with JEWELRY! Squee! Okay, let's see, there was a bag for Bones, with a charm bracelet and a bookmark (Funny, because just the day before I decided that I was going to start reading the books and ordered one of them!)

Then there was a bag for Glee! with a bracelet with all of their promo posters where their doing the L thing, as well as a key chain with Sue and Will.

Up next was Muppets. I am a FREAK for the Muppets! Seriously, I own like 6 shirts with them on it, so I will ALWAYS have something to wear my awesome Beaker/Dr Bunson Honeydew earrings and necklace, along with the bracelet of most of the whole cast. Let's see, there's Dr Bunson Honeydew, Dr Teeth, Zoot, Animal, Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Fozzie, a group shot of Dr Teeth and the Electric Mayham, Statler and Waldorf, Pepe, Janice, Kermit, Scooter, Gonzo and Camille, Sam, Miss Piggy, Rizzo, Swedish Chef, Lew Zealand, Rawlf, and Cliffard. I wore these yesterday and my coworker LOVED them!

In another little baggie was True Blood! Again, a different coworker almost mugged me for these I think, lol. There was a Sookie and Bill key chain with a "I want to do bad things with you" tag, some Merlotte's earrings, some licking lips earrings, and a necklace with the same licking lip charm, a black and white lip licking cell phone charm, and a bottle of trublood, and a Fangasia sign.

And there was yet ANOTHER bag for Misc. TV shows. There was a House keychain, a Homer Simpson cell phone charm, a TAPS key chain (already on my keys) with a little ghost, and a pair of Hermin Munster earrings! Those might seriously be my every day earrings.

But that's not all folks. For the same swap, she threw in some bonus game-y goodness, for no additional cost! That's a $29.99 value absolutly free! Okay, I feel like the dork I am now. Anyways, there was an awesome Mario charm bracelet, as well as some Scrabble tile earrings.

Maybe I shouldn't try to be the next Billy Mays...But seriously, this was an AWESOME package, and I totally LOVE everything! Thank you so much, tamamala!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010 03:52:09 AM »

wait, is that  an actual pineapple?! that would be a very surprising thing to find in a package.
great packages everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stefaniegk
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010 09:04:41 AM »

tamamala-what did you use to make the jewerly? They look really cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SaralaAnne
Stitch Bitch.

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010 12:40:48 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think it's shrinky dinks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest!

Current Swap(s):
Nobodyhasthisoneyet
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010 01:47:33 AM »

OK, prepare to be blown comprehensively away by the magnificent package I've received from Stephanie.  It's absolutely brilliant in every conceivable way.

Magnificent Doctor Who clock, with a collage face featuring all the Doctors to date on a background of the TARDIS console:

(I've played with the contrast a bit, to make the collage show up better through the glass)

Aaand... in situ in my kitchen:

Lovely sturdy tote, with perfectly rendered QI logo:

A set of notecards...

Each one is different (which I didn't realise at first... so that was a nice surprise hours later when I finally got around to inspecting each one) and has a quote or tidbit from one of my favourite shows. 

I squee-ed aloud like some sort of midlife-crisi-having Stephen Fry fangirl when I found this one:

In honour of this marvelous blooper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUVBXb4XIqE#t=0m23s
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer online regularly - if you need to contact me, try tweeting @artsieaspie.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
puzzler
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010 04:04:46 AM »

That is an amazing package.  I love QI cards- what a great idea.  I am completely jealous of those. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stefaniegk
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010 11:42:18 PM »

On the Doctor Who clock each Doctor matches their number with the question mark in place of the 12. The backdrop is the current inside of the TARDIS and each Doctor is pictured with his TARDIS (which was really hard to get). Also the clock outside is blue like the TARDIS and a little beaten up. I am glad that you liked it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Staar84
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010 06:21:56 AM »

just stalking but I have to say that I LOVE that Doctor who clock! I may have to make one for myself (is that alright?) Fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm addicted to swapping...

International Snack Swap
Star Trek V
One Tiny Monster Swap
stefaniegk
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010 07:53:22 AM »

just stalking but I have to say that I LOVE that Doctor who clock! I may have to make one for myself (is that alright?) Fantastic!

Yes! and if you want to use those exact photos I will send them to you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schonwiedersamstag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010 03:33:11 PM »

I thought the Doctor Who clock was ingenious, too. I love how every doctor has his own special place on their (and their is even one space left for the next one).
I really want to make one like this, but I might just be using comapanions instead of doctors.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stefaniegk
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010 05:53:03 PM »

I thought the Doctor Who clock was ingenious, too. I love how every doctor has his own special place on their (and their is even one space left for the next one).
I really want to make one like this, but I might just be using comapanions instead of doctors.  Smiley

Let me know if you need photos of companions-in looking for photos of each of the Doctors I found really nice photos of the companions as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Staar84
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010 04:14:43 PM »

Yes! and if you want to use those exact photos I will send them to you.

OH that be awesome! Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm addicted to swapping...

International Snack Swap
Star Trek V
One Tiny Monster Swap
Sylvanna

What the what?!

« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010 01:28:53 PM »

Great items everyone! The Doctor Who clock is brilliant!

So I received an amzing package from schonwiedersamstag - I absolutely LOVE everything...

The first item I uncovered was this Doctor Who bag which is perfect (and has already been used today!). The front has the Tardis drawn on it, and a Bow-Tie pin for the 11th Doctor (because bow ties are cool)...

And the back is just genius - it has my favourite Doctor Who quote written on it...and then a crack sewn in (which links to the quote:

Also related to Doctor Who is this cute bow tie headband:

Next comes an item that is totally going on my desk at work - it's a Barney (from How I Met Your Mother) organiser - complete with photos of Barney being his legendary self and words of wisdom from him (also known as my favourite Barney quotes):

Also linked to How I Met Your Mother is this "Let's go to the Mall" picture frame - so funny  Grin

Next is a Veronica Mars purse (or maybe an organiser for all of my Veronic-esque spy gear)..

I love the newspaper print material used inside...

As if that wasn't enough there was also a Supernatural purse - complete with a Colt charm (so cool):

And a Sex and the City Picture Frame and the cutest shoe earrings..unfortunately I think one earring may have got lost in transit, although I've still obsessively checking for it, just in case Smiley

And last, but not least, a Lost postcard, with a message from my swap partner on the back..

Thank you so much for all my items - it's been so much fun swapping with you  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tamalama
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010 01:33:08 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think it's shrinky dinks Smiley

It's Grafix shrink plastic for inkjet.  I find it works best for what I like to make. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/tamalama

I love personal swaps, pm if interested!
fibreartist4life
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2010 07:09:36 PM »

I was an Angel for Pioneer9 and I'm just getting around to posting the pictures as she does not have access to a digital camera - there is still one more item that I will have to post later.

I made a T-shirt with one of her favorite quotes from Supernatural, my first ATC, and two one inch buttons/badges (one is for "Pushing Daisies" and the other from "Supernatural").

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2010 03:55:07 AM »

Thanks for being an awesome angel, and how did you make those wings... very cool. I also love the bee and flower pin. I miss that show, it ended too soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pioneer9
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010 03:36:35 PM »

Thank you, fibreartist4life, for being a great angel, and for posting pictures Smiley I loved your first package, and I'm really excited about the second.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schonwiedersamstag

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2010 10:19:13 AM »

I'm also curious how you made those wings, they look gorgeous.

I miss that show, it ended too soon.

I miss Pushing Daisies, too. But it got better, after I got the dvds  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pioneer9
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2010 10:21:08 AM »

I received fibreartist's second package today-- A CASTIEL POPPET!!!! When she posts a picture I think it's going to be added to a lot of people's wists because it is AWESOME! A little trench coat and everything Smiley Thanks so much, fibreartist4life, for being the best angel ever Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fibreartist4life
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010 07:38:19 PM »

Okay, sorry for the delay here on posting the last of the pics for pioneer9. I am only gonna post one pic here but you can see more on this link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=363962.0

Thanks, pioneer9 for being such an awesome lady! I thoroughly enjoyed being your angel and it was even better because of your patience....well it helped that you liked what I made too, LOL! Hope you love your poppet as much as I loved making him. Enjoy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fibreartist4life
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010 07:40:15 PM »

Thanks for being an awesome angel, and how did you make those wings... very cool. I also love the bee and flower pin. I miss that show, it ended too soon.

Thanks! I love angel-ing for swaps! It's fun to get to "make up" for the flakers.

As far as the angel wings go....I actually bought them from Michael's....they were metallic foil iron on wings that I found in their t-shirt embellishment aisle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2011 08:50:44 AM »

Round 2 now open:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=383099.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hottest Shoes For The Fall Season
Starshell Discusses Debut, Working With Mary J. Blige & Clothing Line
5 Fall Looks From Macy’s Glamorama Show
Ways To Wear Maxi Dresses For Fall
Five Essentials For Fall Fashions
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...