A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,434
Currently Running With Scissors:
222 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fungus Among Us! Mushroom Swap Gallery  (Read 13549 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Neverending sculptor.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2010 08:45:27 PM »

If craftystoner doesn't post tomorrow, I can definetly throw up some pictures of what I sent her.  Cheesy

« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2010 09:45:00 PM »

Sorry for the delay (i recieved tuesday) but here is my awesome haul from alphabrett:

a fungus wall hanging

really awesome hippy hat with skeleton alice and mushroom (what my house mate claimed as hers)

and one of my favvvvvoorrittee things i've recieved in any swap ever:

mushroom alice boooxxx

side of box

side of box

inside of box with all the little buttons and earings..buttons for my house mate and earings for me as she doesn't have pierced ears
..wore the earings already and got lottts of compliments.

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2010 07:36:28 AM »

Ah mushrooms Smiley Sorry it took so long to get pictures up. Life has been crazy busy. I have been using my goodies as a matter of fact. Putting up fruits and veggies for the winter. Smiley

Wildfyre sent me the most amazing shroom package, I could not have been happier.

With out further ado....

She made me a flippin' apron !! And not just any apron, a vintage patterned reversible apron !!

Note the matching oven mitt as well. The detail she put into this apron is really heart touching. The workmanship is great. I love both sides so much, I can never decide which side to show. LOL

I could not get a good detail shot of the over the top cute mushroom and critters on this side. Sad They are soooo cute though.

And then.......

OMG, she used vintage transfers and then sealed them to make me these cups !! Oh wait...

They are double sided. Smiley

Also got an ubber cool mushroom cook book. I love cook books. Smiley

and last but not least....LOL....A GREAT t-shirt.

This totally cracks me up every time I see it. LOL

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful things you sent. Thank you especially for the apron and oven mitt. I honestly believe that there magic in aprons and the time and love you put into making this one, went a long way in charging it up for me. !!!! Smiley

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010 07:49:15 AM »

Thought while I was doing the whole posting pictures thing I would go ahead and share what I made for Wildfyre as well. Smiley

She got.....

A wise old mushroom man to hang in her 70's kitchen. Smiley He is made of polymer clay and mounted on a painted wood plaque.

She also got a mushroom bookmark Smiley

A mushroom sewing kit...

The pin cushion that goes on top.

I made some wall art for her new kitchen, it is painted and then also made with vintage trims and dollies from Germany.

I wanted to make her a bit of stationary as well so she has a few hand stamped gift cards

Then I made her a block to print her own...I was trying to make it feel like that 70's era that she is doing her kitchen in..

I really liked how it turned out. I stamped several cards for her and then of course stamped a set for myself before I sent off the printing block to her. Smiley

Finally I added to her Merry Mushroom collection. I got great deals on both of them..lol because neither one works well. I am hoping she can get them working or make something else out of them. Smiley

I also ordered her a pair of earrings, but had them sent straight to her house so I don't have a picture of them. Smiley

This was one of the best swaps I have been in. Thank you so much for organizing Wildfyre. Smiley

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2010 10:25:08 AM »

Oh wow!  Everyone's done so well coming up with awesome swap ideas.  I can't say whose package has been my favourite so far (except the one I got, obv!)

I finally have a wist!

« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2010 03:40:03 PM »

Shocked  Holy Crapshoot!!!!
I love the apron (sorry DanniQuee that I couldn't figure out how to make one Embarrassed )
and I love the block print!!!!!!!!!!
This was a really sweet swap (and my first)....you people are "craft pushers" (!!!)

Sketchbook Project Theme: Nightmares

Neverending sculptor.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2010 04:10:09 PM »

I am dying for those cups and that sewing kit!  Cheesy

« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010 08:39:46 AM »

i love those cups!! i never thought about doing that! i guess crafty stoner isnt going to post pictures of what i sent her, so when i recieve i''l post pictures of what ii sent and what she sent.

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2010 08:20:51 PM »

Here are the pics of what my partner sent me (finally!):

6 awesome place mats and 6 awesome hand-painted napkins for my dining room table:

A stationary pad and paper trinket bucket, which is hilarious, because I sent her the same items as extras. Lol:

3 funky fridge magnets that are already in use:

Thanks so much! Cheesy

Awesome gallery, by the way. I have a lot of stuff to wist.

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Time spent with cats is never wasted.

I Work For Cats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2010 06:39:32 AM »

Hear ye, hear ye!!  Pic heavy and oh so wistable!!!!

Here are the wonderful, wonderful things that brokenporcelaindoll did up for me.
First off, my bitsy collection of hangable shroomies...

Right away I went and made a set of earrings out of two of them. Here is a pic of me modeling them, plus the neck warmer she knitted for me, complete with shrommie buttons and shroom shapes knitted right into the pattern: She sweetly chose my absolute fave color for the yarn. It makes me so happy to wear this color!!

Next up, some adorable drawings on cards which I am going to use for mushroom recipe cards!!  They are each so great, I tried hard to pic a fave, but I can't.

Then, something she picked up at her local market - a carved shroom with little etched out ones along the base.  The way the bark is left on in just the right place is so cool -

I can't imagine how long it took her to create this next goodie - an embroidered wall hanging - EXACTLY  what I wished for that I put up right away on my kitchen wall where it looks so cheery. The orange and yellow one is chock full of french knots!  Here is what the accompanying note read,which I think is soooooo cool - "When I was young I used to pick up 'magic stones' - stones with holes running thru them - and look thru them at growing mushrooms and flowers to see if I could find a fairy.  I wanted this to look like my view thru the stones."  Isn't that absolutely sweet?!  I want to go out and do the same thing now!

I have nooooo idea how brokenporcelaindoll knows that I use real hankies instead of paper ones, but she made me a set of six out of the most sweet, and I mean sweet material. I drool when I see these fabrics. It is going to be a challenge to blow snot into these beauties!!!!

Lastly, the one that made me litterally catch my breath when I opened it- a bag that can be folded up into its own little pocket.

A close up of the incredible material on the pocket -  OMG, I love the little houses, and the hills and the button...

ANd a shot of the stunning interior fabric ( she puts the fab in fabric!!!)

Here is how the package came to me yesterday. The mailman opened the door, called out "package!" and left it on my kitchen floor. I was asleep at the time, because I work the graveyard shift and sleep during the day. So his calling out woke me up and I went to gloomily see what my daughter had gotten, but it turned out it was for ME and I saw who it was from and got all excited and forgot I was supposed to be catching my zzzzs. The package made me happy even before I opened it, 'cause it was covered in British newspapers!!  I read some of the bits (like them  opening an antique lift, which for us means an elevator... I love the name changes.)

Then I got to open each one as an individual package, just like Christmas!!
Here, our cat Gaeberlin asks "can one of these be fer me?"

Brokenporcelain doll, I truly can't thank you enough for all the terrific things!!  It was well worth the wait of you having to mail it out a second time. I have never been so excited to post swap pics before!!   <3  <3  <3

Bacon-flavored pudding...now, THAT would surprise me.  -Walter
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: No Sew Candy Costume
Awww, nuts...
Countdown to Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...