A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
807 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fungus Among Us! Mushroom Swap Gallery  (Read 8601 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sillysmushyhippocake
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010 07:20:25 AM »

After ransacking my house for my camera cable, I finally found it. Will post pics today after work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010 11:30:49 AM »

I received my amazing package from Poosel this weekend and you all are in for a very picture heavy post and a lot of wisting! Get your fingers on the wist button and prepare to fight out who will be her partner in future swaps! Cheesy

First out of the giant box was a giant wreath! It's amazing! It's covered in different types of moss, leaves, twigs, sculpted mushrooms, tiny birds and even has teeny, tiny lights throughout it!

Next up was a coin purse, hand painted with pretty mushrooms!

But wait.. there's something inside...

I have no idea how she sculpted such itty bitty mushrooms, nor how she arranged everything so beautifully in these teeny jars (the biggest is maybe 1.5" tall!) but they're amazingly done.

As if that wasn't enough there was more loot buried underneath the pouch. Including some toys for my kitties and a gorgeous sculpted hair clip! If I didn't know they were clay I would have thought these were real mushrooms...

and finally at the very bottom of the box was an unassuming rectangle wrapped in paper towels. But it is easily my favorite thing in the entire package. I feel so honored to have had something so beautiful and detailed done just for me. My camera and the crap lighting in my apartment definitely do not do this painting justice.

Some details...

Thank you so much for such a wonderful swap, Poosel! I hope you like your package half as much as I love mine! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brokenporcelaindoll
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010 12:03:20 PM »

Oh my, that is BEAUTIFUL!  What a great package  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I finally have a wist!

http://www.wists.com/BunnyMaz
humboldtcherry

Marching to the beat of a different accordion

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010 12:36:29 PM »

HOLY COW!!! Shocked That package is the awesome-est of the awesome-est! Great job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010 01:04:45 PM »

OMG !! That package is amazing Smiley That painting is beautiful !!
Oh now I have swap anxiety for sure

Totally need that wreath !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Poosel
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010 03:03:40 PM »

Grin Received DanniQuee's package today. It smelled really really good!!! Get ready for a boatload of eye candy!!!

Here is my favorite

this is also my favorite (my pages would have ended up all crookety looking)

Awesome teensy mushroom pincushion

A little terrarium (the gnomes are on vacation in Hawaii)

A wreath for my art space (love it! thank you for including the hanger....something I didn't think about for her wreath Embarrassed )

and a little baggy ...I will do something with it  Grin

This has been a great first swap for me and DanniQuee was the bestest swap partner. I very much understand now, why these things are so addicting.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/poosel

Sketchbook Project Theme: Nightmares
crazyalien8

Neverending sculptor.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010 04:48:26 PM »

*makes grabby hands at DanniQuee's coin purse and painting*

Those are freaking amazing~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

janiegrrl
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010 09:11:51 AM »

This is what I made for my partner.. It's all done by needle tatting.. I hand stitched each mushroom to the hankie, then made a necklace and book mark to go with it. All tatted...

I received a nice wall hanging, a really pretty and detailed mushroom necklace, a cute little box to keep it in as well as some mushroom cards.. 

Thank you Tori, I loved my gifts..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
humboldtcherry

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010 07:45:26 PM »

Yay! I received my package today! I have to tell you that my partner crazyalien8 is an awesome polymer clay artist. My photography is awful as my camera was feeling sick today. The closer I got to the mushroomy goodness, the sicker my camera became. Roll Eyes So please remember, these pictures do not do crazyalien8's art any favor.

FYI~crazyalien8, I just want to say, I will happily be your partner any time you want!

First off~ My packages in all their wrapped glory. They arrived in style, with artwork decorating the shipping box.

My first package. I was so excited. This WHOLE journal was handmade. I did not count the pages but there must be at least 100. Hand binding,covered in brown corduroy with mushroom applique.

My second package. A beautiful hobo bag/purse taken right off my wist. Of course she made it in my favorite color. She claimed not be a sewer. ( I think she lied Wink )

My third package. This awesome scarf. I think this is a 'bleach drawing' of a mushroom. Tie-dye in a different way. Undecided I don't know what you call it, but I
screamed, put it around my neck and wore it all day. Summer-be-damned! I am girl wearing her new scarf! Grin

My fourth package. This has to be some tedious work. It is perfectly illustrated under the cap. The color is an earthy/woodsy running through the forest at twilight color.

My fifth package. I call these "Three Little Maids From School" Kiss They have spots. They have color. They have little hooky things to hang from my charm bracelet. I will be rocking the little maids this week at class.

My sixth package. Here is a macrame necklace with a silver/sand stones. It is awesome in it's hippie-mushroomie-ness. I had one similar to this is the 70's. My daughter was seen sporting it downtown on the plaza. The word on the street was all the local hippie's thought it was an antique! Great job!

My seventh package. A freshly picked by the woodland fairies mushroom to hang from my rear view mirror. This is so beautiful I can't even put it into words. The detail is phenomenal. This piece was passed among those lucky enough to be here while the packages were opened. I had to pass out drool bibs and frisk everyone as they left.

I love everything I received. Crazyalien8 is a perfect swapper partner ! Thank you! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

humboldtcherry

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010 07:51:09 PM »

alright! Roll Eyes So I messed up Undecided Quit laughing at me Grin

My earthy/woodsy/twilighty mushroom
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Label and Identify Scrapbooking Albums
How to Get Started Scrapbooking
How to Create Background Paper for Digital Scrapbooking
How to Age a White Card Stock for Scrapbooking
How to Craft a Christmas Gourd Santa
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...