A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,072
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I <3 Gibbous Altered Fashions sew-along!  (Read 76451 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #480 on: April 24, 2011 12:17:12 PM »

Ludi, as always, amazing. My first day back after a longish hiatus. And Inez, I love that belt. What I had planned to do was similar to Ludi and take my small scraps and get some crazy quilt panels made, for various uses, as it can be cut and sewn. Spring is here, and I really feel good for the first time in a very long time. Did get my dollhouse primed. Finally.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Ludi

May the Ghost Squid be with you

Team Wordy!

« Reply #481 on: April 25, 2011 05:01:59 PM »

Thanks.  Smiley  I'm annoyed that I haven't been able to finish up the pink and red yardage and make the garment, nor the top I was working on with the same technique.   Sad Too busy with paying work and trying to keep up with yard and animal stuff (veg garden, baby chicks, etc).  Crafts sometimes have to take a back seat.....

I'm glad you're feeling better. Smiley

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011 05:03:10 PM by Ludi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

TansysMaySigh
« Reply #482 on: May 11, 2011 06:24:01 PM »

So I need opinions. Like asap b/c prom is this friday. =)
I wanted to have gibbous on this dress I'm altering and I think it needs some kind of bustle. After all, I have a mini top hat to go with it. But so far my mom and sister dont like my bustle. Supposesdly it looks ike toilet paper XD sooo..

Dress^ w/out gibbous

I think this is where "toilet paper" comes in ^

I also added black at the bottom to blend it better

Opinions? be harsh if you have to. I'll end up doing what I think is best, I just need help deciding Wink
I do like the bustle. Should I add, take away, start over? Braid the 'toilet paper'? Do away w/it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #483 on: May 11, 2011 06:27:30 PM »

I think that other then the toilet paper part it is beautiful, especially the corset.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
erikau
« Reply #484 on: May 11, 2011 06:51:56 PM »

I wanted to have gibbous on this dress I'm altering and I think it needs some kind of bustle. After all, I have a mini top hat to go with it. But so far my mom and sister dont like my bustle. Supposesdly it looks ike toilet paper XD sooo..
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/149192_11May11_front.jpg
Dress^ w/out gibbous
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/149192_11May11_Rback.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/149192_11May11_Rside.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/149192_11May11_Lside.jpg

Opinions? be harsh if you have to. I'll end up doing what I think is best, I just need help deciding Wink
I do like the bustle. Should I add, take away, start over? Braid the 'toilet paper'? Do away w/it?

It does look like toilet paper. I'd say take away--forget the whole bustle idea for now.  Maybe after prom you can play around with the bustle idea, preferably using something that looks a little less TPish.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 06:43:56 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TansysMaySigh
« Reply #485 on: May 11, 2011 07:02:45 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback so far! I forgot to add a pic of the back with nothing:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #486 on: May 11, 2011 07:19:51 PM »

It looks way better with the bustle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
BirdBones

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 11, 2011 07:20:34 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/149192_11May11_front.jpg
Dress^ w/out gibbous
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/149192_11May11_Rback.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/149192_11May11_Rside.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/thumbs/149192_11May11_Lside.jpg

It does look like toilet paper. I'd say take away--forget the whole bustle idea for now.  Maybe after prom you can play around with the bustle idea, preferably using something that looks a little less TPish.

Actually, I have to disagree slightly Roll Eyes. Right now it has a little bit of toilet paper- why don't you try letting the white strips hang loose straight down instead of having them draped like that? I think that would look really nice Grin
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011 06:45:34 AM by rackycoo - Reason: please don't quote photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #488 on: May 11, 2011 09:33:50 PM »

And I'm in another place entirely! I like your bustle, EXCEPT for the strips of white!

In this picture here,

I'd take away the white strips to the right, but leave the polka-dot one at the bottom and pull it up a little higher. Depending on how that looks, maybe toss the polka-dot strip as well.

In fact, I like this side so much,

that maybe try to shape the currently-toilet-papery side a little more like it, while still keeping it assymetric.

Overall, a gorgeous dress, and I'm sure you'll figure it out in time for prom Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: May 12, 2011 05:41:46 AM »

Your dress looks great without the bustle, especially for an event that you will be dancing at. A big extended thing on your rear is going to snag on stuff, bump into people, knock drinks off tables etc. I second the idea of working on that addition later on. I also suggest possibly using a colour here as an accent when you do add it. Something bright, red or purple maybe to break up the monochromatic black and white.

ALSO as a side note, the mods will come along and fix this but just FYI when you guys are quoting someone kindly just quote just the text and not the images, this saves on space on the forum and is a nice little thing people try to do. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 66 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Fake Eyelashes
Does This Eyelash Curler Work For Almond-Shaped Eyes?
Beauty Test Lab: Nail Painting Will Never Be the Same
How to Create the Perfect Rose-Bronze Makeup for Summer
Are These Single-Use Polish Pods as Convenient as They Say?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...