A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,789
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Baby & Pregnant Momma Swap Shipping MOVED TO 8/30/10  (Read 6680 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010 09:50:25 AM »

I adore the cupcake beanie and the tiny socks are so adorable!  Lovely job mymymissmal.
Also the minions are super great.  How fun that they are bean bags! Princessblueberry, you did amazing on all of those monsters.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010 04:20:12 AM »

I received from madmommymia a little over a week ago though pictures took longer because my camera kept making its way with my husband to his work. Smiley

Sorry for the late posting, madmommymia, but here is the fantastic package I received from her:

A "Baby's Brewing" tea kettle timer and a hand drawn "Who's Hungry" bib (super cute!)

A set of hand drawn alphabet cards.  These look like they took forever to make and decorate!  She based these almost directly off my Wists. Smiley

Two sets of handmade reusable wipes and a sprayer bottle with a recipe for homemade wipe solution. I can't wait to try out the "recipe"!

Last, but not least, this fabulous quilt. I love the fabric she chose!

Thanks so much for the great package, madmommymia!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

norahkate
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010 03:20:35 PM »

wow!  beautiful package.  such fun stuff already!
and i have to say that i'm partial to the name jason for a boy (but that is my husband's name, so i'm biased. Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010 05:42:35 PM »

So, I sent my package about a month ago and really want to share

My partner said she had a pirate theme, I had so much fun

A pirate baby blanket, all the fabrics are pirate/nautical in nature. The back is a shark flannel, I didn't know what to do with the back, so I figured pirates are in the ocean and under the ocean is sharks.

Pirate quilt by hoxierice, on Flickr
Pirate quilt by hoxierice, on Flickr

A pirate/sailor outfit

Pirate suit by hoxierice, on Flickr

Pirate booties! If I had fabric with treasure chests I would have used that then they would truly be pirate booties

Pirate Booties by hoxierice, on Flickr

And a pirate hat

Baby Pirate by hoxierice, on Flickr

Again, I had too much fun making this stuff.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010 09:29:38 AM »

SHIPPING has been moved to 8/30/10 to ensure ALL swappers have adequate time due to several medical and personal issues. 

PLEASE check your status in the first post and pm me if it needs updated!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
A2JC4life
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010 10:17:07 AM »

I received from klum78 a while ago, but I'm just getting a chance to post pictures.  The pictures do not do her work justice; I have serious swap anxiety after seeing the awesomeness she sent!  (Was there a small in there anywhere? lol)

First was this awesome diaper bag.  It's nice and roomy, but doesn't feel too bulky under my arm.  (I'm really tiny, so bag size is a big challenge for me.)  The outside is a nice neutral grey - almost a baby corduroy - and the inside is a gorgeous black toile.  (LOVE that fabric!)  Unfortunately, the busyness of the print makes it hard to see in the photos that there are pockets all around the interior "edges," and a divider up the middle. 

Also in black toile(ish) fabric, there's a nursing cover.  (A couple of these things don't photograph well because they're so shapeless when not in use.  I have no baby at the moment to show off in pics, though!)  

Super-soft flannel nursing pads:

And a stretchy wrap (like a Moby wrap).  Sorry it just looks like a dark mass on the bed. lol  I almost put my 3-year-old in it to try it out and photograph it, but she's a bit big to carry against my pregnant belly, and I'm not sure I want to start out with a new wrap and a back carry. Wink  I am really, really looking forward to trying this out, though.  And I cannot sew on stretchy fabric to save my life, so I could not have made this for myself.

We also agreed to swap some extras for our older children, so she included these for my older daughter:

(There were smiles until I actually shot the photos; my girls get weird for pictures. lol  And the skirts did actually go on right after we finished with the package, but there is no catching them for photographs after that!  They were really excited about these skirts.)

And these for my younger daughter:

Thank you so much!  The package was fantastic - and really made my day at a time when I needed the boost. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010 10:26:16 AM by A2JC4life » THIS ROCKS   Logged

klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010 09:49:00 AM »

Yay!  I am so glad you received and everything will work for you.
  I wanted to make you a big bag because of the cloth diapering and 3 kiddos but I know a huge bag can also just be a pain.  This was a nice mix I thought.  The pattern is from Amy Butler's Little Stitches book.  I think it's called the Everything Bag, nice name, right?  Smiley  The grey fabric is a baby cord. 
   I think I mentioned you can trim the wrap down if needed.  I know you are pretty much the exact opposite of me in size and I thought this was a lot of wrap for me
  I know what you mean about pics.  I took some before I sent, but they look really blah without the items actually being in use. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
Wisty Goodness
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010 08:27:52 PM »

Hello everyone!  I received last week and have been a bad partner.  I am sorry I didn't post pictures sooner!  I got such a lovely package.

I received a cute outfit for my little girl, a bib, a first aid kit with a red washcloth, a nursing necklace, a few tutes to make my own cloth diapers, handmade vegan soap with a little ducky toy, and a hooded towel.  My kids each received some goodies also.  On to the pictures!

Adorable outfit in my favorite color scheme, orange, pink and brown!  There is a little hedgehog embroidered on the bib, so cute!  I love the hat, you sewing skills are great!

Nursing necklace and tutes:

Washcloth and ducky soap.  (The first aid kit was already in my car.)  A2JC4life explained that the red washcloth is a tradition in her family.  That the kids freak out less if they cannot see the blood from an ouchie.  Such a great idea!

Hooded towel modeled by my son:

Goodies for my daughter (pencil, crayons, scissors, and tutu.  She loved the tutu!):

Goodies for my son (crayons, pencil and super cool colors book.  Both the kids loved the colors book.  Your patchwork is awesome and I loved all the different textures.):

The girl showing off her loot:

The boy showing off his loot (got to love the cheesy 2 year old smile...):

I did not get a group shot, and the kiddos have snatched all their goodies so there is no hope of one now.  Sorry!  Thank you so much for being such a wonderful partner A2JC4life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness
Craftsunderground
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010 07:57:27 PM »

What, exactly, is a nursing necklace?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
A2JC4life
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010 07:04:21 AM »

I'm glad the kids (and you!) enjoyed the package. Smiley

A nursing necklace is a necklace that's sturdy/safe for babies to tug on or play with while they nurse.  Babies tend to grab hold of Mom's jewelry, and some of it doesn't really hold up to that. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Peanut from the Jeff Dunham Show
How to Draw Android 18 from DragonballZ
How to Draw Suigetsu from Naruto
How to Draw Bobby from King of the Hill
How to Draw Chibi Sakura Haruno from Naruto
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...