A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,677
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Baby & Pregnant Momma Swap Shipping MOVED TO 8/30/10  (Read 6658 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

klg_jlg
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010 08:20:10 PM »

I'm soooo sorry the Postal service wasn't too kind with everything. I originally had everything neatly packed into a box but they told me it was a difference of 15 dollars in the shipping totals. Since we just moved and are in that "everything gets deposits and replacing all the little household things you take for granted" stage, I had to switch everything into an envelope.
Hopefully you liked it though.. and the other project was a cross stitch, but from 1988 so it was a little outdated and the colors must not have the same names even though I used the same brands because the majority I did get finished looked terrible just from the odd colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com
amber565
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010 09:34:47 AM »

Oh it's quite alright. Nothing was damaged too badly! I know shipping can get pretty expensive, right? And they don't even do a very good job most of the time. And bummer on the cross stitch!! I hate when things don't turn out how you expect...Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mymymissmai
I like you temporarily ;)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010 08:11:08 PM »

I got my package from princessblueberry!!!

Here's the picture of the whole she-bang!

I think these awesome pouches have their own personalities!

plushies that I will stuff later...so right now they are in their 2D form.  I got some boxes with monsters under the lid.  Leo loves it!

I GOT MINIONS!!!!!!!!!!

home-made jam!!!  Being in the bratty Orange County, these are considered a delicacy.

And here's my little chubster, Leo playing with his new toys!!! I hope I posted all the pictures because he was getting grabby with his toys!

Thank you so much princessblueberry!  I'm errrr I mean Leo is soooooooooooooo spoiled!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010 08:12:58 PM by mymymissmai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010 10:03:10 PM »

I totally had swap anxiety the moment I sent your package mymymissmai all the way up till I saw your post  Cheesy  Especially after hubby picked up the mail...I love the stuff you sent! Keept hoping you did not get monstered out...

LOL, I see your eldest made off with his stickers and crayons.  And the idea was to spoil mommy too...especially with the jam, zippered pouch from your wists, and kiddie bento after seeing you in that swap.  Have to confess this was the first time I was brave enough to ship Jam in the mail! 

Your minions are a bean bags (filled with rice) and have two different color tongues so you can have teams or the boys can compete. 

Jam, since Orange County probably means orange country too I'll tell you a secret. 
There is a recipe in the Ball Cookbook for strawberry-lemon marmalade, forget the lemon and substitute oranges...it is absolute heaven!  My friend made it last year... 

Off to load pics of Ahna with her goodies...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
princessblueberry
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010 10:38:09 PM »

For the life I me I can't figure out what the small item was they all look like mediums and larges  Cheesy  A beanie/hat, socks/slipers, and a diaper bag.  Thank you!

Ahna Bug and her loot!

Closer head shot...

Total cupcake action!

Diaper bag!

I absolutely love everything!  Thank you mymymissmai!  The diaper bag will be my new short outing bag...had been using small reusable shopping bags but this is perfect! Beanie is totally awesome!  It fits her now and when brother stole it, it fit his 2 1/2 year old head too so I know it will fit her for a good long while, especially with her being smaller than him.  LOL, much to my husband's dismay...LOL...he looked at me and said 'No, no, NO!  No you did not!'  One of these days I'll have to get a picture with her and I in our crafterster swag.  I have a tree scarf and crochet tree wristlets that he still thinks I crazy for wearing, I just tell him 'you are a guy. you are not suposed to understand'  Cousin, 3 months younger than Ahna, may even get pictures wearing the hat too...

Socks are adorable, she keept playing with them Cheesy they match several of her boutique dresse...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

mymymissmai

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010 11:51:07 PM »

Awwwww I'm glad you like the stuff, princessblueberry!

I went according to size.  Socks = small.  Hat = medium.  Diaper bag = large.  If you want to get technical, the socks took the longest to make and the diaper bag took the least amount to make!  LOL!  Either way, I had a blast making it.  I fell in love with the design on the diaper bag (oh yeah, I bought extra!) LOL.  I love the color for those socks!  I've made it to last her for quite a while (I see it's really big on her).  The cupcake beanie is actually my proudest thing of all because I designed it.  There was a pattern that was similar to it and I was going to follow along but I couldn't understand it.  So I said screw it, I'll just improvised.  I suck at crocheting but managed to make a decent cherry.  LOL.

Btw, Ahna is absolutely adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010 01:47:50 PM »

Great stuff guys........
Mine will be shipped soon, hope all of you are doing well. The healing process is killing me. I'd rather go through labor than this fractured hand.

On another note....

Baby Names, how's it coming moms to be

I'm really thinking Jason for a boy and maybe Galaxy for a girl...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
princessblueberry
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010 01:18:58 AM »

Here is an action shot at playgroup the next day...random kid belongs to the gal taking the picture for me...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

mymymissmai

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010 11:06:33 AM »

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!  That cupcake beanie looks awesome on Ahna!  And you're definitely rockin' that diaper bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klg_jlg
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010 11:47:58 AM »

DH and I just found out Tuesday that we'll be having a girl. Already had the name narrowed down, so now I'm just waiting the other 20 weeks for Natalia Paige to get here!

Lovely things everybody and I'm definitely loving the little cupcake beanie!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Pick the Right Jewelry for Your Outfit
How to Add Style to Spring Outfits
Key Elements of New York Style
NYC Street Fashion
New York Style For Men
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...