A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
789 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Baby & Pregnant Momma Swap Shipping MOVED TO 8/30/10  (Read 5935 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 20, 2010 08:44:20 AM »

Post away ladies..

Swappers.....
Pregnant Mommas
1. dragonslair January 6th 2011
2. klg_jlg January 9, 2011 (first time swapper)
3. GiddyUpMunky July 4th, 2010
4. klum78 December 14, 2010
5. madmommymia October 10, 2010
6. A2JC4life February 5, 2011
7. Hoxierice August 8, 2010
8. lapoli September 16, 2010
9. amber565 October 2, 2010 (first time swapper)
10. norahkate October 15, 2010
New Mommas
11. mymymissmai (9 month old baby)
12. Ekkagirl ( 2 month old)
13. knittychick (2 month old)
14. princesblueberry (4 month old)

SENT
SENT & RECEIVED
RECEIVED
FEEDBACK LEFT

PARTNERS
mymymissmai --- princessblueberry
Ekkagirl --- knitychick
dragonslair --- norahkate
GiddyUpMunky --- Hoxierice
klum78 --- A2JC4ife
madmommymia --- lapoli
amber565 --- klg_jlg
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010 05:47:22 PM by dragonslair » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
norahkate
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010 08:58:35 AM »

oh good...just getting the gallery ready.  i was coming out here to see who was making me look bad by sending this early.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010 09:11:30 AM »

can't wait to see the crafty goodness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
dragonslair

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010 10:13:21 AM »

If anyone remembers later maybe would should post birth announcements here for the group to see when our babies arrive...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY LJ

My wists
amber565
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010 01:37:47 PM »

My partner (klg_jlg) asked me to post pictures for her. This is what I sent:

Large - Satin Blessing Dress & Matching Bonnet (click pics to see larger)

Medium - Set of 5 Extra Absorbent Flannel Covered Burp Cloths

Small - Set of 2 Matching Zippered Pouches

Extra for fun - Books & Handmade Card
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010 10:12:26 PM by amber565 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
A2JC4life
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010 02:35:08 PM »

How pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010 06:28:32 PM »

Oh my gosh, I am feeling more than just a little intimidated! I don't know if my stuff can hold a candle to yours! That blessing gown and bonnet are beautiful! I love the zippered bags too! Great job! I can't wait to see everyone elses work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonslair

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010 11:04:28 PM »

Your sewing skills are amazing your swap partner is very lucky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY LJ

My wists
EkkaGrrl
I'm normal.. the rest of you are crazy!

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010 03:44:02 PM »

Wow! Very nice package! That bonnet is soooo pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
http://wists.com/EkkaGrrl
amber565
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010 03:55:26 PM »

I received my package from Kassie (klg_jlg). Here are the pictures!!

The package...Looks like there might have been an accident, since there is masking tape on it! I have the worst luck with the postal service. I think they hate me!

Everything inside! She sent some baked goodies, but they didn't survive the trip. The postal service wasn't too kind with my package  Sad I also forgot to get a close up of the little flower headband.

Little stuffed giraffe!

Butterfly painting!

I forget what these are called. It's a necklace pendant with the rounded piece of glass on top!

Felt butterfly mobile!

Thanks Kassie for a fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
klg_jlg
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010 08:20:10 PM »

I'm soooo sorry the Postal service wasn't too kind with everything. I originally had everything neatly packed into a box but they told me it was a difference of 15 dollars in the shipping totals. Since we just moved and are in that "everything gets deposits and replacing all the little household things you take for granted" stage, I had to switch everything into an envelope.
Hopefully you liked it though.. and the other project was a cross stitch, but from 1988 so it was a little outdated and the colors must not have the same names even though I used the same brands because the majority I did get finished looked terrible just from the odd colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwitht hegrizls.com
amber565
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010 09:34:47 AM »

Oh it's quite alright. Nothing was damaged too badly! I know shipping can get pretty expensive, right? And they don't even do a very good job most of the time. And bummer on the cross stitch!! I hate when things don't turn out how you expect...Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mymymissmai
I like you temporarily ;)

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010 08:11:08 PM »

I got my package from princessblueberry!!!

Here's the picture of the whole she-bang!

I think these awesome pouches have their own personalities!

plushies that I will stuff later...so right now they are in their 2D form.  I got some boxes with monsters under the lid.  Leo loves it!

I GOT MINIONS!!!!!!!!!!

home-made jam!!!  Being in the bratty Orange County, these are considered a delicacy.

And here's my little chubster, Leo playing with his new toys!!! I hope I posted all the pictures because he was getting grabby with his toys!

Thank you so much princessblueberry!  I'm errrr I mean Leo is soooooooooooooo spoiled!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010 08:12:58 PM by mymymissmai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010 10:03:10 PM »

I totally had swap anxiety the moment I sent your package mymymissmai all the way up till I saw your post  Cheesy  Especially after hubby picked up the mail...I love the stuff you sent! Keept hoping you did not get monstered out...

LOL, I see your eldest made off with his stickers and crayons.  And the idea was to spoil mommy too...especially with the jam, zippered pouch from your wists, and kiddie bento after seeing you in that swap.  Have to confess this was the first time I was brave enough to ship Jam in the mail! 

Your minions are a bean bags (filled with rice) and have two different color tongues so you can have teams or the boys can compete. 

Jam, since Orange County probably means orange country too I'll tell you a secret. 
There is a recipe in the Ball Cookbook for strawberry-lemon marmalade, forget the lemon and substitute oranges...it is absolute heaven!  My friend made it last year... 

Off to load pics of Ahna with her goodies...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
princessblueberry
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010 10:38:09 PM »

For the life I me I can't figure out what the small item was they all look like mediums and larges  Cheesy  A beanie/hat, socks/slipers, and a diaper bag.  Thank you!

Ahna Bug and her loot!

Closer head shot...

Total cupcake action!

Diaper bag!

I absolutely love everything!  Thank you mymymissmai!  The diaper bag will be my new short outing bag...had been using small reusable shopping bags but this is perfect! Beanie is totally awesome!  It fits her now and when brother stole it, it fit his 2 1/2 year old head too so I know it will fit her for a good long while, especially with her being smaller than him.  LOL, much to my husband's dismay...LOL...he looked at me and said 'No, no, NO!  No you did not!'  One of these days I'll have to get a picture with her and I in our crafterster swag.  I have a tree scarf and crochet tree wristlets that he still thinks I crazy for wearing, I just tell him 'you are a guy. you are not suposed to understand'  Cousin, 3 months younger than Ahna, may even get pictures wearing the hat too...

Socks are adorable, she keept playing with them Cheesy they match several of her boutique dresse...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

mymymissmai

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010 11:51:07 PM »

Awwwww I'm glad you like the stuff, princessblueberry!

I went according to size.  Socks = small.  Hat = medium.  Diaper bag = large.  If you want to get technical, the socks took the longest to make and the diaper bag took the least amount to make!  LOL!  Either way, I had a blast making it.  I fell in love with the design on the diaper bag (oh yeah, I bought extra!) LOL.  I love the color for those socks!  I've made it to last her for quite a while (I see it's really big on her).  The cupcake beanie is actually my proudest thing of all because I designed it.  There was a pattern that was similar to it and I was going to follow along but I couldn't understand it.  So I said screw it, I'll just improvised.  I suck at crocheting but managed to make a decent cherry.  LOL.

Btw, Ahna is absolutely adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonslair

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010 01:47:50 PM »

Great stuff guys........
Mine will be shipped soon, hope all of you are doing well. The healing process is killing me. I'd rather go through labor than this fractured hand.

On another note....

Baby Names, how's it coming moms to be

I'm really thinking Jason for a boy and maybe Galaxy for a girl...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY LJ

My wists
princessblueberry
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010 01:18:58 AM »

Here is an action shot at playgroup the next day...random kid belongs to the gal taking the picture for me...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mitch Albom

mymymissmai

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010 11:06:33 AM »

Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!  That cupcake beanie looks awesome on Ahna!  And you're definitely rockin' that diaper bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klg_jlg
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010 11:47:58 AM »

DH and I just found out Tuesday that we'll be having a girl. Already had the name narrowed down, so now I'm just waiting the other 20 weeks for Natalia Paige to get here!

Lovely things everybody and I'm definitely loving the little cupcake beanie!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwitht hegrizls.com
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2010 09:50:25 AM »

I adore the cupcake beanie and the tiny socks are so adorable!  Lovely job mymymissmal.
Also the minions are super great.  How fun that they are bean bags! Princessblueberry, you did amazing on all of those monsters.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2010 04:20:12 AM »

I received from madmommymia a little over a week ago though pictures took longer because my camera kept making its way with my husband to his work. Smiley

Sorry for the late posting, madmommymia, but here is the fantastic package I received from her:

A "Baby's Brewing" tea kettle timer and a hand drawn "Who's Hungry" bib (super cute!)

A set of hand drawn alphabet cards.  These look like they took forever to make and decorate!  She based these almost directly off my Wists. Smiley

Two sets of handmade reusable wipes and a sprayer bottle with a recipe for homemade wipe solution. I can't wait to try out the "recipe"!

Last, but not least, this fabulous quilt. I love the fabric she chose!

Thanks so much for the great package, madmommymia!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

norahkate
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2010 03:20:35 PM »

wow!  beautiful package.  such fun stuff already!
and i have to say that i'm partial to the name jason for a boy (but that is my husband's name, so i'm biased. Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010 05:42:35 PM »

So, I sent my package about a month ago and really want to share

My partner said she had a pirate theme, I had so much fun

A pirate baby blanket, all the fabrics are pirate/nautical in nature. The back is a shark flannel, I didn't know what to do with the back, so I figured pirates are in the ocean and under the ocean is sharks.

Pirate quilt by hoxierice, on Flickr
Pirate quilt by hoxierice, on Flickr

A pirate/sailor outfit

Pirate suit by hoxierice, on Flickr

Pirate booties! If I had fabric with treasure chests I would have used that then they would truly be pirate booties

Pirate Booties by hoxierice, on Flickr

And a pirate hat

Baby Pirate by hoxierice, on Flickr

Again, I had too much fun making this stuff.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
dragonslair

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2010 09:29:38 AM »

SHIPPING has been moved to 8/30/10 to ensure ALL swappers have adequate time due to several medical and personal issues. 

PLEASE check your status in the first post and pm me if it needs updated!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY LJ

My wists
A2JC4life
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010 10:17:07 AM »

I received from klum78 a while ago, but I'm just getting a chance to post pictures.  The pictures do not do her work justice; I have serious swap anxiety after seeing the awesomeness she sent!  (Was there a small in there anywhere? lol)

First was this awesome diaper bag.  It's nice and roomy, but doesn't feel too bulky under my arm.  (I'm really tiny, so bag size is a big challenge for me.)  The outside is a nice neutral grey - almost a baby corduroy - and the inside is a gorgeous black toile.  (LOVE that fabric!)  Unfortunately, the busyness of the print makes it hard to see in the photos that there are pockets all around the interior "edges," and a divider up the middle. 

Also in black toile(ish) fabric, there's a nursing cover.  (A couple of these things don't photograph well because they're so shapeless when not in use.  I have no baby at the moment to show off in pics, though!)  

Super-soft flannel nursing pads:

And a stretchy wrap (like a Moby wrap).  Sorry it just looks like a dark mass on the bed. lol  I almost put my 3-year-old in it to try it out and photograph it, but she's a bit big to carry against my pregnant belly, and I'm not sure I want to start out with a new wrap and a back carry. Wink  I am really, really looking forward to trying this out, though.  And I cannot sew on stretchy fabric to save my life, so I could not have made this for myself.

We also agreed to swap some extras for our older children, so she included these for my older daughter:

(There were smiles until I actually shot the photos; my girls get weird for pictures. lol  And the skirts did actually go on right after we finished with the package, but there is no catching them for photographs after that!  They were really excited about these skirts.)

And these for my younger daughter:

Thank you so much!  The package was fantastic - and really made my day at a time when I needed the boost. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010 10:26:16 AM by A2JC4life » THIS ROCKS   Logged

klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010 09:49:00 AM »

Yay!  I am so glad you received and everything will work for you.
  I wanted to make you a big bag because of the cloth diapering and 3 kiddos but I know a huge bag can also just be a pain.  This was a nice mix I thought.  The pattern is from Amy Butler's Little Stitches book.  I think it's called the Everything Bag, nice name, right?  Smiley  The grey fabric is a baby cord. 
   I think I mentioned you can trim the wrap down if needed.  I know you are pretty much the exact opposite of me in size and I thought this was a lot of wrap for me
  I know what you mean about pics.  I took some before I sent, but they look really blah without the items actually being in use. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
Wisty Goodness
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2010 08:27:52 PM »

Hello everyone!  I received last week and have been a bad partner.  I am sorry I didn't post pictures sooner!  I got such a lovely package.

I received a cute outfit for my little girl, a bib, a first aid kit with a red washcloth, a nursing necklace, a few tutes to make my own cloth diapers, handmade vegan soap with a little ducky toy, and a hooded towel.  My kids each received some goodies also.  On to the pictures!

Adorable outfit in my favorite color scheme, orange, pink and brown!  There is a little hedgehog embroidered on the bib, so cute!  I love the hat, you sewing skills are great!

Nursing necklace and tutes:

Washcloth and ducky soap.  (The first aid kit was already in my car.)  A2JC4life explained that the red washcloth is a tradition in her family.  That the kids freak out less if they cannot see the blood from an ouchie.  Such a great idea!

Hooded towel modeled by my son:

Goodies for my daughter (pencil, crayons, scissors, and tutu.  She loved the tutu!):

Goodies for my son (crayons, pencil and super cool colors book.  Both the kids loved the colors book.  Your patchwork is awesome and I loved all the different textures.):

The girl showing off her loot:

The boy showing off his loot (got to love the cheesy 2 year old smile...):

I did not get a group shot, and the kiddos have snatched all their goodies so there is no hope of one now.  Sorry!  Thank you so much for being such a wonderful partner A2JC4life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness
Craftsunderground
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2010 07:57:27 PM »

What, exactly, is a nursing necklace?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
A2JC4life
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2010 07:04:21 AM »

I'm glad the kids (and you!) enjoyed the package. Smiley

A nursing necklace is a necklace that's sturdy/safe for babies to tug on or play with while they nurse.  Babies tend to grab hold of Mom's jewelry, and some of it doesn't really hold up to that. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2010 08:28:00 AM »

A nursing necklace is a necklace that's sturdy/safe for babies to tug on or play with while they nurse.  Babies tend to grab hold of Mom's jewelry, and some of it doesn't really hold up to that. Wink

I have noticed that, except I don't really wear jewelry. It is hair, shirt and sometimes hand in the bra...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
knittychick

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010 03:21:18 PM »

I received today!!! As soon as groceries are put away I will take and post pictures! Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EkkaGrrl

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010 04:29:06 PM »

Yay! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
knittychick

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2010 10:41:31 AM »

Recieved from Ekkagrrl. Lots of lovley goodies for my little man! I love it all!

Super cute picture frame! I love it!

Some yummy candy! The candy bar melted en route but it was just as yummy to eat! So creamy, wow!

SUPER SOFT minky wipes, bamboo too! They really feel amaizing!

A knit diaper cover, so amaizing!

To cover up 2 awesome cloth diapers! (We just started cloth diapering Micah and I LOVE IT!)

A shirt from my Wist! I LOVE this one! He's already worn it a ton!

She also sent a mei tai wrap that I tried to get pictures of, but they didn't work out. I'll have hubby take a few tonight and will post them asap. For now, all I can say is thank you thank you SO much Ekkagrrl! Everything is so great! I love it all! You were such a great swap partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mymymissmai

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010 12:16:02 PM »

OMG!  I love the baby t-shirt!  I want one for my little one now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonslair

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2010 12:59:39 PM »

Please everyone check your feedback on your profile and let me know who needs an update. I think we also may have a package missing please check in and let me know so I can close this. Thank You
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY LJ

My wists
klum78

Actual size shown

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2010 01:56:49 PM »

Please everyone check your feedback on your profile and let me know who needs an update. I think we also may have a package missing please check in and let me know so I can close this. Thank You

I don't have feedback yet.  My partner received on the 19th of last month.  On Sept 3rd I sent a PM to you and my partner that I received.  Also I posted pictures here on the 9th...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness
dragonslair

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2010 01:46:27 PM »

I don't have feedback yet.  My partner received on the 19th of last month.  On Sept 3rd I sent a PM to you and my partner that I received.  Also I posted pictures here on the 9th...

I will get that fixed tonight thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY LJ

My wists
knittychick

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010 06:40:07 PM »

I sent and received, and my partner received as well. Pictures have not yet been posted of what she received, but if you like I will post pictures of what I sent her, however I still have no feedback. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EkkaGrrl

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2010 11:25:17 AM »

Geez.. it's a good thing something draws me back here from time to time.. I have been so amazingly absent-minded the past little while.  Embarrassed

I meant to post these quite a while ago and just now when I realized I still hadn't done it, I couldn't find the card I took the pictures on. Sooo.. I had to run around the house looking for all the wonderful things knittychick sent for me and my crew. Luckily, I think I found it all! Smiley

2 things not pictured: A bag of Almond Joy Pieces. Not pictured because I ate DEVOURED them!! They were so good I feel like crying right now because I can't get them here. Sad The other thing is a book she sent to my 3 year old that had 4 little books inside. She loves them and has stashed them somewhere and won't tell me. lol

On to the pics!

First up a baby carrier! She appliqued a tree on one side and some cool skullies on the other. That's right, folks! It's reversable!

Sorry no action shots of this. I'm the only capable of taking pictures apparentlt. Sad

Then there was this oh so cute knitted hat. It's is so freakin' sweet on my baby! Smiley

Some pretty headbands!

Again, so cute on my cutie bum. Smiley

Then there's the babylegs style leg warmers. Why in the world didn't I think of this?? I love baby leg warmers!

Look at this outfit! I would have done an action shot of this but Violet got crabby so I wasn't pussing it.  Cheesy I love cherries!

Look! A wetbag! I make so many of these and have yet to make one for myself. It was a perfect item for me. Smiley

Then the extras for my other childre.. Thank you knittychick! I wasn't expecting things for the bigger ones but they all loved them. It actually took me a bit to hunt down the cd and the shoe decorating kit. Tongue

My son was particularly happy to get something, especially music. Smiley He's very interested in this swapping business. lol

My brood and I were definately spoiled rotten by knittychick! Smiley Thank you so much for being such an awesome partner! BTW I am so glad the picture frame made it to you in one piece. I was worried about that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness!
knittychick

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2010 12:25:08 PM »

Yep it got here just fine. It's on my dining room table waiting for pictures! I'm glad you like everything! Your little one is too cute! I'm so pleased everything fit well too! The leg earners (FYI) are just ladies knee socks with the feet cut off, I just hemmed up the bottoms. Shecan use them as leg warmers for a long time too!

Love that the hat fit I tried it on my little man as I knit so I was pretty hopeful I'd gotten it rout! Great pics! You were a great swap partner too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2010 05:05:18 AM »

I know my partner just recently had her baby (yay, madmommymia!) and since having my son, I can appreciate how difficult it is to find time to take photos, I thought I'd share the photos I took before I sent to her. Smiley

According to her questionnaire, madmommymia really wanted clothing.  As a knitter, I was sort of limited with what I could do and all the baby cardigans/etc that I started ended up as failures.  SO, I did the best I could. Smiley

I knitted her two pairs of baby socks in two different sizes (since we all know kids grow like weeds..)

I also knitted two diaper covers, again in different sizes, of 100% wool to use at night as soakers:

Finally, I tried my hand with some iron on transfers and made these three onesies using images and ideas from her Wists:

Congrats again, madmommymia! I hope you and your family are healthy and happy. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2011 09:30:11 AM »

I almost forgot to post...

Livia Grace made her appearance on February 4th, at 6 lbs. 4 oz. and 19.25" long.  Here is a photo from the afternoon of her birth day.  (It should be clickable.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

EkkaGrrl

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2011 04:24:39 PM »

Wow! She looks so alert for being fresh from the womb in that pic! Cheesy She's beautiful. Congrats!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty Goodness!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon G10: Set for Copy Scene
Canon G10: Set for Beach/Snow Scene
Canon G10: Set for Backlight Scene
Canon G10 Getting Started: Part 2 - Basic Picture
Canon G10 Getting Started: Part 1 - Setup
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...