A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,031
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Faux Wrap Pants – first sewing machine project :]  (Read 1690 times)
Tags for this thread: pants  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dablondeemu
« on: July 19, 2010 06:48:48 PM »

For years I’ve had an old singer that my grandma gave me, but it was always having bobbin issues.  Last week I finally got around to researching how to fix the problem (which only took a minute to do. It still has issues though, but probably because I can never remember which way to put the bobbin in).  I was looking up some easy patterns to start with, and found this easy wrap pants tute:
http://laupre.wordpress.com/2008/06/29/easy-breezy-wrap-pants-tutorial/

They looked so super comfy and fun, but I was having trouble understanding how they worked, so I grabbed a post-it and made a tiny paper pair to figure it out. I wanted to get started right away, and Wal-Mart is the only place near me to get fabric, and of course the day I decide to sew is the day they only had about 15 fabrics in stock… so I picked the only one without Hannah Montana or rosters on it.  Being the dyslexic I am, I accidentally cut the fabric at 23 inch instead of 32 for the 2 pieces, and I didn’t feel like adding panels, so they don’t have much over lap. To fix this instead of adding the 4 ties, I pinned on the pants, then sewed one pant leg up at the top of the thigh and then added a waist band tie that ties on the other leg to keep that one closed.  So to put them on you step into one leg, then tie the other.  They’re not the greatest thing ever, but there comfy and fun for around the house. Thanks for looking  :]

[plus if anyone has any easy sewing projects they could recommend, I’d love it Smiley]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy!
{{message me the word CRAFTY for free beach glass and shells with your order}}
please like on Facebook
I love swaps-- Msg me:]
Will trade beach glass and shells for glass beads and beading supplies
SkyyAngel
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010 07:57:16 PM »

Haha... I had to laugh at the Hannah Montana/roosters comment because IT'S. SO. TRUE.

These are cute... I still need to do my own pair of wrap pants for lounging around in. If you want more easy sewing, do a search for infinity dresses, either here or through the almighty google. Tongue This is also on my list of stuff to make. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fontiua
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010 08:52:19 PM »

Super cool! Grats on your first project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creating something from nothing is the most theraputic thing in this world for my soul.
fireflier
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010 09:31:44 PM »

Thanks for the post! I've added the link to my favorites and can't wait to try a pair of my own! Your's look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emeraldcutie
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010 07:26:26 AM »

Awesome!
I keep meaning to try this pattern.
If you are looking for other projects and pants in particular.
Google yoga pants from T-shirts. Thats next on my list, nothing better then reusing a great t-shirt for new pants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScotSkipper402
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010 09:13:19 AM »

Cool pants!

A LOT of sewing machine problems can be solved by changing the needle. Even the ones you think have nothing whatever to do with the needle.

Really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
raspberries, cherries

and an angel's kiss in spring...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010 08:28:58 AM »

These are soooo beautiful! Smiley Congrats!
Anyhow, I would probably not dare to wear them in public... how much leg do they show on the no-sew-side? Are they "safe"? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dablondeemu
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010 03:49:07 PM »

I probably won't be wearing this pair in public, but they only show about as much leg as a really short pair of shorts if you let your legs hang out. Probably safe for say a coffee run, but defiantly not strenuous activities lol  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy!
{{message me the word CRAFTY for free beach glass and shells with your order}}
please like on Facebook
I love swaps-- Msg me:]
Will trade beach glass and shells for glass beads and beading supplies
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
No Churn Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe
Make-Ahead Desserts
How to Make a Banoffee Sundae
Biscuit-Topped Peach Cobbler Recipe
5 Fruit-Based Desserts to Satisfy a Summer Sweet Tooth
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...