A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,084
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 42 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jacob Black amigurumi <3 (Picture heavy)  (Read 1884 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 18, 2010 01:05:45 AM »

I was so in love with this doll that I had a hard time parting with him.  I have promised myself to make another one to keep!  I made Amigurumi Jacob for my Ecstatic about Eclipse swap partner.  it's Jacob Black!  I was so proud of him, and so sad to see him go.  He stands about 18" tall (possibly larger, I forgot to measure him) and took me quite a few hours, but they were spread out.  his hair is made of fun fur, and his necklace charm I bought off ebay.  Once he was done, he seemed a little naked, so I got a leather strap from joann's to make a belt & I made him a couple of friendship bracelets.  His necklace is a hemp necklace.  He needed his wolf clan charm and I wasn't going to try stitching it on his arm, so I did the next best thing.  He gets a necklace!!  So here he is!  Jackob Black!!!

You can kind of see his little bobble toes in this picture.  they are so cute!!

Here is is leather belt and his adorable little belly button.  I didn't use a bobble here, instead I did a french knot.  It pulled through the first time, so I had to to it a couple to make it big enough not to pull through.  I like the result. Smiley

here is a close up of his necklace (and belllybutton!)

Here is a close up of his fun fur hair and his face.  I love his little sideways smile.  I think it suits this ami very well.

Shame on me, I didn't get a good one of his  hands.  He has 3 fingers and a thumb.  I used a combination of patterns.  Most of the body is from Elizabeth Doherty's book.  I just made his torso and legs longer.  His hands are from a dragon pattern that I have.  I like the fingers much better then using just the bobble thumb.  I did the arms first, then I did the head and body.  Once I got to the neck, which I made a little longer than what the original pattern says, I attatched the arms.  I used the arms as a guide on how long to make the torso, and how long the legs should be.  Everybody I showed him to loved him and thought he was absolutely adorable!  My grandma, who taught me how to crochet, was surprised at how tight the stitches are.  I hate when you can see the stuffing in between stitches.  If there are any amigurumi beginers the way I acheive that is to use a smaller hook than the yarn says.

would love to know what everyone else thinks of him!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GathGreine
☼ Little Sunbeam ☼

.:*❄*:.☃.:*❄*:.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010 02:16:28 AM »

Soooo adorable!  I love his toes!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's neat and it's sweet.  It's a ding-dong treat.  Knittin' socks for little feet.  Just sittin' with yer knittin' all day long!"
Rachael817
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010 03:31:19 AM »

Great job on the hands! I have been trying to figure out hands forever!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bexster
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010 04:48:29 AM »

love him sooo much, I love his tummy button  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gramma Joe
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010 06:32:16 AM »

Wow!  Just super job.  How did you ever send him away.  You have to make another for yourself.  Well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010 06:46:25 AM »

Love his expression...and his lankiness!  He really captures what I love about Jacob from the books in a way Taylor Lautner just doesn't.  Excellent work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Removal Methods: Wax Strips Vs. Epilator
Skincare Picks for Ethnic Skin
Quick and Easy Ways to Look Rested
Get Thin Eyebrows Looking Thicker
How to Easily Fix a Broken Eye Shadow
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...