A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,071
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Empty RX Containers?  (Read 1607 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

imforhim04
Imforhim04

.:Live, Love, Craft!:.

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2010 01:16:06 PM »

My dad goes through a TON of meds and has a huge bag full of old medicine containers (orange ones) that vary in size. I'm wondering what to do with them? I don't need them for anything small like beads, etc. I want to incorporate them somehow into the game room im making.

I thought about stacking them for decoration in the corners....not sure..ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`v)
`*..*
..*) .*)
(. (. . .`..~Jen
seleniebeanie
Running on all 4 cylinders!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010 12:41:11 PM »

For your games room a couple ideas for your pill bottles:
this person wired them together to make an interesting lamp shade
http://www.instructables.com/id/Pill-Bottle-Explosion-Lamp/

along the same lines, "wholman" also mentions using l.e.d. lights - since they don't get hot & melt the plastic. You can use a string of l.e.d. Christmas lights, punch/drill a hole in each bottle's cap and poke each light into the cap & hang your string of amber lights up!

if you're a keener, do the string of lights thing mentioned above, then use wire like from the first idea and tie/wrap the wire around the neck of each bottle, keeping them close together like in the picture for the first idea until it forms a "ball" - hang your "light ball" up in the games room - if you have enough materials, make several. Hang them at various heights around the perimeter of the room. I've done this using plastic drinking cups in reverse (poking the hole in the base of the cup) Here's what it would look sort of like:
http://www.sparkleball.com/9page.htm

Some people like to melt their plastic containers to make jewellry (the cap doesn't do well here) - it may give off a smell, so well ventilated & do it on tin foil, so you don't get any residue on your baking pan.

have fun!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010 12:43:23 PM by seleniebeanie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ultimate gifts to receive: Thread and Glue Sticks!
lovelyxmalia
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010 02:48:25 PM »

Organization is always the first thing that comes to mind with pill bottles!

I've never tried painting one, but what if there was some way you could glue them to a wall or a piece of plywood, and make some sort of 3D art by painting the bottoms and gluing the tops to the wall?  Kind of like the bottle caps you see people stick to walls...just a thought! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She sees shooting stars...
              & comet's tail
She's got heaven in her eyes.
nightlady70

Addicted to Creativity

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011 10:23:51 AM »

Hello!
I got this pattern off another site and I can't find it anymore.  It's for a amigurium pill.  You can do any colors you like.  I found someone on here "Esshaych" who said she wrote the pattern, I was so happy!  Since I lost the website and the page I printed it off on.  so thanks for posting this Esshaych..you made my day!! Here's her site with the pattern http://esshaych.blogspot.com/2010/05/free-pattern-happy-pills.html

OK so back to the original questions about pill bottles.  I myself go through so many of these and save them.   When I found this pill amigurium crochet pill I made a few for some friends, who were sick, Cry down in out, or needed a smile.  I cleaned the pill bottles out and took off all the stickers with rubbing alcohol so it was completely clean.

I then asked my hubby to make some pill labels in the persons  name, name of pill, reason for taking it ect...it look just like a prescription from a doctor. Which was Dr. Phil Good =) and stuck a happy pill, zombie pill what ever pill they needed inside.  It diffidently made them smile.  If you would like, I'll ask my hubby if he still has the prescription labels he made and I can send the file over to you. You can change the name or anything you like.  I used clear shipping tape and taped it on. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Sports Photography
Latest Cameras in the Market
New Releases for Photographers
Photography and Make Up
Macro Photography Tips
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...