A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mario Room Projects-Bob-omb lamp, pipe trash can, quilt, etc...  (Read 19791 times)
Tags for this thread: mario , lamp , papier_mache  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheerupem0kidx0x
« on: July 15, 2010 10:49:45 PM »

Im doing my sons room in a mario theme and I just finished his bob-omb lamp today. All I did was find a lamp at a thrift store ($3) that had a round base, bought a shade at Roses for $3, spray painted the base black (it was white), then painted on the eyes. I need to get some wood circles at the craft store tomorrow and paint them yellow for the feet, but I couldnt wait to share so I cut some circles out of yellow paper for the picture. Itll look about the same Smiley
Im still finishing the trash can, it is (hopefully) going to look like a mario pipe tunnel when I get done with it. So far Ive just spray painted it green. Thinking about doing a paper mache piranha plant to come out of it, but I havent decided yet...I also am planning on making some question block shelves, and I have a quilt in the works! Im kind of living out my childhood dream room through him I think haha. Ill keep updating this thread as I finish up projects Smiley

« Last Edit: July 16, 2010 11:36:17 PM by cheerupem0kidx0x » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Blue Rose
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010 11:18:33 PM »

I absolutely adore the Bomb-Omb lamp Grin Mario-themed items are cool Grin

It would be funny to have a piranha plant on the pipe so that they have to feed it trash ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010 06:51:20 AM »

thanks Smiley im excited to see how the room turns out, i have a lot of projects planned for it! Ill keep posting them on here as i get them done
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lydiaharper
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010 07:55:28 AM »

cheerupem0kidx0x, please keep us updated on your room projects.  My sons want a Mario theme for their shared room.  I really love the lamp!  He is so awesome, and I will now be on the hunt for a round lamp!  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annie220588
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010 07:58:59 AM »

So cool  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010 06:38:56 PM »

thanks Smiley I will definitely keep updating as i get stuff done. today ive been working on another quilt block (goomba) and paper mache piranha plant that im going to attempt to make a lamp out of. im also paper mache-ing boo and going to suspend it from the ceiling. and im making another bob-omb lamp for a friends son. so i should have some of them finished in the next few days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010 06:40:30 PM »

Oh and Id check at thrift stores for the lamps, thats where I got both the ones Ive done, $3 each! They have some already painted black and everything on kmarts site for like $17 too though if youd rather just hurry and get one Smiley I almost did but decided to wait and look at the thrift store first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010 11:59:07 PM »

Okay, heres some of the things Ive got done today, and Im gonna put pictures of the quilt Im working on here too. I figure this can just be an all-in-one thread Ill update for progress on the mario room.

First I did another bob-omb lamp, but its for my friends son. His birthday is tomorrow and he loves mario so Im sure hell freak out about it. Did it the same way as the last one, added the wood feet this time. I went back and added them to the one for the room too. I found this lamp at a thrift store also, its not the perfect round shape Id prefer to have but it still works. I couldnt find any that were perfectly round today and it was a last minute project that had to be done by tomorrow...

Then my son helped me start a paper mache project. Im trying to make a piranha plant lamp similar to one I saw on here. The green balloon is for that. The white one is going to be boo that Im going to suspend with fishing wire or something from the ceiling. Ive never done paper mache before so well see how this goes.

This is the lamp base Im using for the piranha lamp. Im probably going to set it in the trash can Im painting like a pipe so it looks like the piranha plant is coming out of the pipe. I got this lamp base at a thrift store too, I just painted it green. Good finds today! And I found Super Mario 3 NES cartridge that my hubby is suppose to try to turn into a clock for me Smiley Ill post pics when its done of course

Finally I found this star and flower wood decorations at hobby lobby, the star was like 50 cents and the flower was 75 cents. All I had to do to the star was add eyes. Im going to use that to add to name letters Im painting when I get a chance. The flower was blue with white dots and pink in the middle and an orange flower pot base. I probably should have primered it first but Im pretty new to painting (and not that great at it lol) so I guess you live and learn. Im going to put another coat on it tomorrow and maybe itll cover it more. And I need to clean up the lines. I painted it to look like the fire flower coming out of a tunnel. Probably will set this on the question mark block shelves whenever we get those done.

And finally here are some pictures of what I have done of the quilt so far. Its for his bed, its been an ongoing project the past few weeks. Im hoping to get at least the top done by mid-August before I start school back cause my crafting spare time is gonna be almost nonexistent then Sad But I still have a ways to go. I want to use the big mario block for the center and have the smaller blocks going around it. I was planning on 8-10 smaller blocks. So far Ive finished the mario block, a star block, and almost done with a goomba block. Next I think is a mushroom block. The mario block is 2 inch squares, the other blocks are 1inch squares. For now I have the finished blocks hanging up in his room, figured they could get some decorative use while Im waiting to finish them all.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010 12:02:37 AM by cheerupem0kidx0x » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fireflier
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2010 06:21:50 AM »

I am in love with your projects! Can't wait to see the room all put together. I wonder if I can convince my husband to let me transform our bedroom. lol! Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010 08:02:24 AM »

thanks! good luck lol when Im done with my sons room Im gonna try to convince my husband to let me do our room in harry potter theme. dont think its gonna happen but maybe ill at least get to make a harry potter quilt for the bed or something Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
How to Make Easy Homemade Chocolate Truffles
How to Make Mini Sticky Buns
How to Make Coconut, Cherry Toffee
How to Make Croissant Bread Pudding
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...