A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mario Room Projects-Bob-omb lamp, pipe trash can, quilt, etc...  (Read 20167 times)
Tags for this thread: mario , lamp , papier_mache  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lydiaharper
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010 03:42:16 PM »

Such great projects!  Major inspiration for me, btw.  lol

Lydia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2010 09:25:59 PM »

awesome Smiley thanks! hubby finished the mario cartridge clock today ill have to post pics later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chineseathena
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010 12:20:48 AM »

I actually have a quick suggestion for the pipe trash can. Have you considered using a lighter/yellower green to add some vertical "highlights" so the can will have more dimension? I love this idea! The lamp in particular is genius.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2010 08:19:50 AM »

thanks, yeah i was planning on adding lighter lines to the trash can I just havent done it yet. Im bad for starting a million projects at once lol and thats one that hasnt gotten finished yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christian_cowgirlGSR
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2010 01:05:56 PM »

Your lamp is "the bomb".  Smiley  Please excuse my nerdy pun...  I can't help myself and it's totally true! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

See more of my projects on etsy:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/SissysSewingAndSuch
cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2010 07:47:54 PM »

lol thats okay, the one i made for a birthday gift i was thinking itd be cool to have a card to go with it that says "you're the bob-omb" haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2010 08:04:27 PM »

Heres my daily update of projects...Yesterday my hubby finished the NES cartridge clock. I was lucky and found a mario game at a thrift store for $1 and just took a cheap clock apart. We might switch out for bigger clock hands but it works!

Today I worked on lots of painting and finished up the goomba quilt block.

Most of the painting was the paper mache piranha plant lamp. It is done! My first time paper mache-ing, I didnt realize that was such a process lol. I thought it was gonna be a lot quicker of a project than it was but Im happy with how it turned out. Hubby asked if we could keep it in our room instead of our sons so I guess that means its pretty awesome Smiley

testing it out

putting it together. the light glows green cause the inside layer was green paper. that wasnt planned but it looks pretty cool huh? lol

1st coat of paint

finished!

with the lights off, its more red in person

So...now Im currently working on finishing up the trash can pipe that I will probably use to put the piranha plant lamp in, finishing painting the paper mache boo that will be suspended from the ceiling, painting a yoshi egg and 2 fire flowers, and starting another quilt block. Im thinking Ill do a mushroom block next. My dad is supposed to be finishing up the question block shelves for me and then Ill have to paint those. Oh and Im painting a switchplate and some name art to go with the theme. Itll be a busy few weeks for me! Trying to fit in as much as I can before I start back to school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheerupem0kidx0x
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010 10:19:20 PM »

I finished the paper mache boo and a few little wood pieces I painted for power ups that I might use by the name art when I get it done. Wanted to post pics before bed Smiley Its a big help keeping me motivated by updating this thing everyday!  

The paper mache Boo. I am shocked how cute it turned out because Im really not a painter or drawer so I was dreading this. I love it though! Its gonna get suspended from the ceiling.

a few wooden power ups, 2 fire flowers and a star

Oh and I went to paint the highlight lines on the trash can and messed it all up Sad I taped it off so the lines would be nice and straight but when I peeled the tape off some of the base paint went with it. I guess I should have spent the extra few dollars and got the spray paint that was for plastic specifically. Im gonna sand it off and repaint it, and then try to find lighter green spray paint to do the highlights cause I think thatd look a lot better. Painting acrylic onto that type of plastic wasnt turning out so good anyways.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010 10:21:46 PM by cheerupem0kidx0x » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jskhd
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010 05:45:30 PM »

this is the bomb-omb!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
varifiresis
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010 02:54:42 AM »

I love all of it! When we moved into our new house my son decided he wanted to make his bedroom all 'teenage and cool' but I always wanted to do a Mario themed room so I did our game room instead. I can't wait to see what your room will look like when it's done!

thanks! good luck lol when Im done with my sons room Im gonna try to convince my husband to let me do our room in harry potter theme. dont think its gonna happen but maybe ill at least get to make a harry potter quilt for the bed or something Smiley

I also just had to mention that I had to laugh when I read this post! I am having a similar arguement over making the master bedroom into a Disney theme- but my husband just won't go for it. ( I already have Harry Potter in the living room!) I am glad I am not the only grown up who loves all that stuff!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Are These Single-Use Polish Pods as Convenient as They Say?
Is This Color-Changing Lipstick the Real Deal?
Three Easy Outfits For Mid-Length Dresses
Matte Lipstick Gets a Summertime Makeover
Easy Go-To Summer Liner Look
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...