A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,918
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 60
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bookmark Swap Round 3 (Signups 07/15-08/04, Send-outs 'extended' 09/07)  (Read 53008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #180 on: July 29, 2010 08:24:39 AM »

I asked the question but forgot to throw my answer out there. I would have to bring Illusions by Richard Bach. I read that book at least once a year and always learn something new. It is also one of those books that are fun to just randomly open to any page and see what it can tell you.
That is a truly excellent book, I read it for the first time last year, I could definitely see reading that one once a year.
Do you have an opinion about The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)?

ohh No but I will in a bit now. I am going out to find it now that you have brought it up in the same space as Illusions. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Correlating

YOU are a cheeseball! :D

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 29, 2010 10:24:47 AM »

whoah, wow, and holy moly.  i've been making bookmarks a ton lately, and posted my first one yesterday... and, here I come over here, looking for my first swap! I'm so glad sign-ups didn't close early! woooooooot! Smiley sending questionaire now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...puttin' things together...
onecrazymom
different day, different craft!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2010 10:50:49 AM »

This is a quick reply, but I just sent in my list....I saw this right before I went on vacation for 3 weeks, and am sooooo glad the sign ups aren't closed.  I reallllly wanted to do this.   Grin  We just got back and are getting ready for the school season, my kids start on monday Shocked but I'll have plenty of time to do this once they are in classes!!  Looks so great.  Can't wait to see what everyone does! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ETSY shop! www.designsonawhim.etsy.com
My WISTS! http://www.wists.com/onecrazymom
My PINTEREST! http://pinterest.com/onecrazymom/

...even if the voices aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas....
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2010 12:55:19 PM »

I might be older:) but I love Steampunk anything!

The OED is a wonderful thought, but I get to pick a gorgeous hunky male to toe it around for me - how many volumes now? Or maybe I'll just kidnap David Tennant and the Tardis and we can pop around the universe in search of good books to read LOL

Don Quixote is a tough one in any language!

I love the Stephanie Plum series as I lived in Jersey when I was young and can remember driving on Route 1, though we never had a dead body rolled up in a rug fall on our windshield ROFL

I am anxiously awaiting the next Meredith Gentry and I gobbled up the last Anita Blake!

Always looking for new series to read!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThinkPurple
« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2010 01:22:32 PM »

Windoverireland . . . How was Bullet? I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. I live close to Jersey, and I flipping love Lula. She and Grandma Mazur are two of my all time favorite characters.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010 01:23:29 PM by ThinkPurple » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mother of three wonderful kidlets

Damien Victor - 9/27/04 2:01AM-3:00AM - My littlest guardian angel (RIP)

Caleb Michael - 9/1/05  My rowdy boy

Ava Noelle - 5/10/10  The little princess

Bookmark Swap Round 3 - Researching Cheesy
Emeraldcutie
« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2010 03:00:34 PM »

Sorry for the delay in posting, just back from vaca.

This is my first swap and I'm very eager to get going on it Smiley Still trying to decide which medium to craft in.

As for the 1 book on a island....hmmm...I'd have to say anything by James Patterson, I love Alex Cross and just need a couple more of the books to complete the collection that is out so far. Another option would be the Steig Larsson trilogy, just started The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and it is very interesting.

My bookmark would be my current one, that is a hand stamped tag with a pink ribbon that says Friends with 2 little stick figures. It was attached to a xmas present last year from my MIL, I thought it was so sweet that she considered me in that way.

getting anxious to start  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gossamer_gull
« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2010 03:40:08 PM »

If I had to be shipwrecked on an island with one book...hmmm...the Complete and Unabridged OED?

I'm assuming you mean Oxford English Dictionary. Not a bad pick. I'd take a reference book too. Probably the latest AP Style Guide so that I could have a stack of technically perfect articles and press releases to submit about my experience.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean.  It occurred to me that, if I took a book and came across unfamiliar words and had no way to look them up, I'd go (coco)nuts!

And The complete OED is, what, 20+ volumes long?  I'd never run out of material!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2010 05:53:37 PM »

If I had to be shipwrecked on an island with one book...hmmm...the Complete and Unabridged OED?
I'm assuming you mean Oxford English Dictionary. Not a bad pick. I'd take a reference book too. Probably the latest AP Style Guide so that I could have a stack of technically perfect articles and press releases to submit about my experience.
And they would probably make good kindling! Tongue I am so glad to have escaped college and AP Style papers.

ohh No but I will in a bit now. I am going out to find it now that you have brought it up in the same space as Illusions. Smiley
I think they are both inspirational.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
beckashell

Television addict.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2010 08:44:08 PM »

whoah, wow, and holy moly.  i've been making bookmarks a ton lately, and posted my first one yesterday... and, here I come over here, looking for my first swap! I'm so glad sign-ups didn't close early! woooooooot! Smiley sending questionaire now...

Correlating - i'm sorry, but you haven't been a Craftster member for month enough yet. To start swapping you need to have been on the site for one month! So close!!

But I bet if you PM some people they would be happy to do a personal bookmark swap with you. You could be our unofficial swapper Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stellou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: July 30, 2010 05:39:42 AM »

I am going away until the 12th with probably no access to the internet Shocked

So please my future partners - don't feel that I'm ignoring you if I haven't got in touch before that date...I will make it up after Grin.
I am taking with me some short stories by Dickens...I might even read some of them Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grand Theft Auto 5: First Looks at GTA Online Heists
See Our Winner for Xbox One Game of the Year 2014
See Our Winner for Xbox 360 Game of the Year 2014
Grand Theft Smosh: First Person Five Stars Parachuting from a Titan
Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - Behind the Scenes
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...