A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bookmark Swap Round 3 (Signups 07/15-08/04, Send-outs 'extended' 09/07)  (Read 45861 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #550 on: September 01, 2010 06:10:26 PM »

I'm kind of obsessed with PaperbackSwap.com  You list all the books that you don't read anymore and other members request your books and you mail them the book.  Each book you mail out gets you 1 credit.  You can then use your credits to request books you are interested in reading.  Each book = 1 credit.  To mail a book out it costs about $2-$2.50
I love Paperback Swap too...especially since my mom has "so many points" and let's me use them. Woot, books for free. Cheesy

I am sooo lucky because I live in Portland, Oregon - home of Powell's Books.  www.powells.com  That's right - a bookstore that covers a whole city block!   Cool
You are right that you are sooo lucky! I was in Portland for only two days and my boyfriend had to just about drag me out of there. Turns out there were "other" things to see in the city besides "a bookshop". I pointed out it was the biggest and best bookshop but eventually left with a few items from various floors. I still wear my shirt with pride. (Nice to have Voodoo Donuts so close to you too. Cheesy )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #551 on: September 01, 2010 06:36:47 PM »

I'm kind of obsessed with PaperbackSwap.com  You list all the books that you don't read anymore and other members request your books and you mail them the book.  Each book you mail out gets you 1 credit.  You can then use your credits to request books you are interested in reading.  Each book = 1 credit.  To mail a book out it costs about $2-$2.50
I love Paperback Swap too...especially since my mom has "so many points" and let's me use them. Woot, books for free. Cheesy

I am sooo lucky because I live in Portland, Oregon - home of Powell's Books.  www.powells.com  That's right - a bookstore that covers a whole city block!   Cool
You are right that you are sooo lucky! I was in Portland for only two days and my boyfriend had to just about drag me out of there. Turns out there were "other" things to see in the city besides "a bookshop". I pointed out it was the biggest and best bookshop but eventually left with a few items from various floors. I still wear my shirt with pride. (Nice to have Voodoo Donuts so close to you too. Cheesy )

Voodoo Donuts = meh.  (I know - sacrilege.)  We have a donut shop here in my neighborhood that is un-freakin'-believably good.  Not 24 hours like Voodoo, but soooo delish!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: September 01, 2010 06:45:54 PM »

I now have a sudden, overwhelming NEED to visit Portland, OR!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cassiecate57
« Reply #553 on: September 01, 2010 07:26:43 PM »

I live in Portland too! Smiley

Love it here Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
&blog
˙˙˙ǝɹǝɥ pɐɯ ןןɐ ǝɹ,ǝʍ

timshel
polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: September 02, 2010 07:36:54 AM »

For all of you Half Price Book lovers Labor Day weekend sale starts today....Everything in store is an extra 20% off now thru Monday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
gossamer_gull
« Reply #555 on: September 02, 2010 05:20:07 PM »

Gah!  I am such a procraftinator!  I was planning to get my bookmarks done this coming weekend, and only just realized that a) the 5th is a Sunday, and b) the 6th is Labor Day.  Shocked  Someone please tell me I'm not the only flaky non-flaker out there!  Meanwhile, I'll be PMing my group to say I can't send until the 7th.  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cassiecate57
« Reply #556 on: September 02, 2010 07:13:30 PM »

Half Priced Books...is it anywhere else besides the greater Seattle area? I know someone who manages a HPB Smiley

AND! The official announcement:

Sendouts are "extended" to the 7th because Sunday is the 5th (no mail) and the 6th is a post office holiday, Labor Day. So send on/by Tuesday, no sweat. Enjoy your weekends!

I'm stillllllllll updating send/receiveds on the main pages. Please let me know (nicely Smiley) if I've missed something. You people are a little tricky to keep track of! For future senders, please PM me and your organizer (if it's not me) who you sent to. I get lost re-reading the entire thread again. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
&blog
˙˙˙ǝɹǝɥ pɐɯ ןןɐ ǝɹ,ǝʍ

timshel
pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #557 on: September 02, 2010 07:46:11 PM »

I got another bookmark today! Thanks, nllchihuahua, it's great! I'll be posting pics to the gallery this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #558 on: September 03, 2010 05:40:28 AM »

Gah!  I am such a procraftinator!  I was planning to get my bookmarks done this coming weekend, and only just realized that a) the 5th is a Sunday, and b) the 6th is Labor Day.  Shocked  Someone please tell me I'm not the only flaky non-flaker out there!  Meanwhile, I'll be PMing my group to say I can't send until the 7th.  Embarrassed

LOL uuuuuhh nope your not the only one and I am supposed to be helping with this one. Life threw me two huge curve balls in the last few weeks, so I was planning on getting them done this weekend too. I just realized I was going to be late when I read your post.  Undecided

Ahhh life Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: September 03, 2010 07:28:23 AM »

Gah!  I am such a procraftinator!   Embarrassed

"A procraftinator!!!" hahahahahahha, I love it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 60 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Raw Red Thai Curry
Red Thai Curry Ingredients
Making the Thai Paste for Red Thai Curry
Sweetening Red Thai Curry
Assembling Red Thai Curry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...