A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,497
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Run Away With the Circus Gallery  (Read 7804 times)
Tags for this thread: circus  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FaerieCyn
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010 04:19:26 AM »

Lady, I did notice, and I think it's awesome! Though I'm currently heartbroken and have been since I went to bed last night. At some point while I was walking last night, the beautiful anklet you made me fell off... I'm headed out soon to try and re-trace my steps and find it, but I'm absolutely crushed.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an Unseelie pixie with a big imagination and access to thrift stores.
 My Wist: http://www.wists.com/FaerieCyn
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010 11:13:44 AM »

Whoa awesome package from dreadlocklove! I am looking for a poi book of my own now that I have my fuzzy purple spinners. Anyone know of a good site or set of videos?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010 11:34:15 PM »

Nooo! I hate the feelingof losing jewerly. If you cant find it ill make you another:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010 05:37:32 AM »

So glad you like the gifts, Missing_Muse!  I received yesterday and was very excited about what you made!  I'll try to post photos some time today.

Dakoma, have you tried the videos at homeofpoi.com?  I'm only getting into it again now and definitely don't know what kind of free tutorials are out there these days but Home of Poi had decent videos back then.  I actually bought some DVD's (Scales of Poi and Adventures in Poi: Moves Intermediate to Advanced) among other things and am waiting on the order to arrive.

If any of you plan to make an order with Home of Poi, message me for a code that will give you 15% off your first order.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
FaerieCyn
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010 07:39:33 PM »

Nooo! I hate the feelingof losing jewerly. If you cant find it ill make you another:)

I backtracked like three times and I can't find a thing.. it breaks my heart. But you'd really be willing to do that Lady?? *big wide eyes*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm an Unseelie pixie with a big imagination and access to thrift stores.
 My Wist: http://www.wists.com/FaerieCyn
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010 09:25:22 PM »

Of course ill send you another! I just need to go pick up some more bells:) and send out a couple steampunk charms. Could you send me your address again though? :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010 11:37:21 AM »

My kids were playing with my camera and disconnected the USB cable that was attached to it which is too bad because I took a cool action shot of my boyfriend using these:

STILTS!!!  Muse and I were talking about stilts (she plays with 12 foot tall ones!).  It turns out she's a woodworker and asked if I'd be interested in receiving a set.  YES!!  I'm going on non-internet-accessible holidays for a week and a half tomorrow but as soon as I find my USB cable, I'll post the action shot.

A really cool snood that I can use (and actually needed) for spinning poi:

If I'm not mistaken, it's a T-shirt recon (with butterflies on it) with an elastic added to it.  My boyfriend thought they were underwear at first glance!  Haha..  It made me think of Missing_Muse's style right away though and what kind of other cool things she creates and wears.

I couldn't take a photo of myself wearing the fairy duster but she made me one that looks pretty identical to the one in my wist (http://www.wists.com/dreadlocklove page 2) but with different fabric.  I love the button detail and wanted to make sure I got a photo of it:

I wore it yesterday while walking with the kids and I felt so flowey!  I hope to use it will spinning poi or hooping during the holidays.

Thank you Sarah!!  This has had to be one of my favourite swaps for both sending and receiving and once you're not longer so busy, I hope we can become penpals of sort and continue to craft for each other.  I too have more I'd like to send you.

And thank you dakoma for organizing!  It was well worth the wait and please let me know of a second round.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Acadian Driftwood

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010 02:29:51 PM »

Those stilts are so cool... I wasn't expecting anything that big to go through the mail! The fairy duster is very cute too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2010 11:06:24 PM »

Kay, my internet was payed for today! So it should be back on within two to five business days, so pictures will be posted soon! I went out today to take action shots;) sorry about the wait, i feel bad to be the first to receivd and just about the last person to post pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010 09:50:44 AM »

I'm posting a few pics for Lady Lovecraft, although I'm still hoping she'll have action shots!

Here's the whole package:

Drawstring backpack for unicycling, little learn to juggle book, rice-filled juggling balls, framed artwork, hair clip, and unicycle jewelry.

Close up of the artwork:

It's paint, pen, and colored pencil. The frame is covered with fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Night Landscape Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Museum Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Macro/Close-up Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Landscape Scene
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set for Kids/Pets Scene
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...