A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELP, What To Do?!?! Suggestions/Ideas/Replies Please, Must Complete By 7/21  (Read 1012 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Summer Made 9
« on: July 12, 2010 09:26:17 PM »

I picked up this item today at a thrift store.  I fell in love when I first saw it.  I have a thing for anything with hearts on it!!! 

My thoughts behind picking it up... to transform it into something wonderful (as if it is not wonderful as is, I love it) for my best friend as one of  her bday gifts... 
which is the 22nd of this month!

I was thinking about putting a layer or two of urethane on it to make it shinny.  I love the old rustic look, but think it would look great with a bit of shine also. Not sure if I will or not.  Then, what next?  As I said, it is nice as is, but I want to do something MORE to it.  I *could* remove the rings that hold the three pieces together and create three different ideas, but not sure that I 'want to do so' but totally NOT against doing so. 

This piece is approximately 64-65 inches long- all three pieces together, the hearts/bows are approx 4 inches each, (minus the rings connecting the three sections) each section is approx 20 inches.

*In this photo, I taped it to my wall, lol, so you can see/get an idea of what it looks like......*

*This photo shows it laying on my table, with the sections folded to show where it separates.... *

Any and ALL suggestions/ideas are welcome.  I appreciate the input ladies (and gents if there are any who read/reply, lol).

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Summer Made 9
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010 09:28:03 PM »

Please excuse me if I have placed this into the wrong forum, this is my 2nd thread and I am still trying to navigate this wonderful place.

I do apologize ahead of time if I have started this thread in the wrong place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftydebs

Just too busy being fabulous!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010 12:36:47 AM »

I used to have one just like this and for the life of me can't remember what became of it.  I too LOVE hearts.  I can think of a few things you could do.

You could hang something small and sweet in the middle of each heart, a photo, a charm, bells if she likes that kind of thing, beads maybe.

You could paint the hearts different colors.  Depending on how colorful a person she is, I would LOVE to rock it out bright rainbow!!

You could wrap ribbon around parts of it, or beads, etc.

I bet more will come to mind later, will let ya know.  Good luck, I look forward to seeing it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May you be in heaven for thirty minutes before the devil even knows you are dead.- Old Irish Toast

http://wists.com/craftydebs
craftydebs

Just too busy being fabulous!

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010 12:38:01 AM »

Please excuse me if I have placed this into the wrong forum, this is my 2nd thread and I am still trying to navigate this wonderful place.

I do apologize ahead of time if I have started this thread in the wrong place.

I think this section is just fine.  It could have probably fit into a few, as long as you only post it once you're all good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May you be in heaven for thirty minutes before the devil even knows you are dead.- Old Irish Toast

http://wists.com/craftydebs
Summer Made 9
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010 07:35:39 AM »

Great ideas!  I was saying to my partner last night that maybe I could use good ole school glue and glitter and make the hearts all sparkly and stuff Wink.  I did think of maybe using small colored thread/ribbon and winding it in and out of the different pieces of wood.  Just not sure EXACTLY what I want to do.  I am not blessed with a 'vision' of what this is needing to look like at this time, hence the need for suggestions. 

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Summer Made 9
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010 08:55:58 AM »

Anyone else with suggestions?!?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kunoni
can't stay inside the lines..

fly away...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010 11:03:52 PM »

um, i have two suggestions,
first, you could decorate it, then wrap it around a large can, to make a container for storage.
also, you could make little plushie mice without ears, and add a heart as each ear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~shine shine shine~
Lanysmiles
the conscience midget

it helps to smile, once in a while

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010 03:03:15 AM »

Huh how did it turn out?!  Cool pictures? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 5
Eugene Jarecki Wishes He Had This Talent
Beauty & the Beast: A Stunning Pop-Up from Robert Sabuda
Meet Lisa Lutz
Greg Donaldson Talks About Zebratown
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...