A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 80
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini 13 days of halloween round 2( NOW CLOSED send by Oct 5)  (Read 58803 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Im Sew Silly
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2010 10:28:23 AM »

ahhhh hobby lobby...one of my all time favorite stores ever! My nearest one is an hour away, and the nearest Michaels is like 3 hours away....so i dont get to frequent them nearly as often as i would like.
Hobby Lobby does have an online store, although i dont think they put fabric on there, and they do always have some great sales too....

Oh and if you have one locally, they usually have a printable coupon on their online web ad each week.....

anyway, back to swappage....i am super excited and have begun crafting a bit for it too....hopefully what i am doing will be Ok! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

I've been meaning to make myself a crown...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2010 10:33:29 AM »

So has anyone else tried too beef up their wists and found things that maybe should have been included in the questionaire? Or am I the only nut job who practically puts my life story on those things? Haha! I just want to be helpful!

And on the subject of craft stores, I have Michaels and Joann's close, but no Hobby Lobby. I *think* I found an AC Moore though, I just need to drive by that area again to be sure.

Can't wait for partners!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thats Mrs. McGonigal to you! No really! ✩10.25.09

wistsportfoliosketchbook
SharLaMarz
Crafting is my therapy

I have craft ADD

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2010 11:01:03 AM »

I have definitely been adding alot to my wist too! Like TONS! lol. My questionnaires are also very lengthy. It is very helpful for a partner to have lots on their questionnaire and wist, it makes it loads easier to craft for them!

I have Michaels and Joanns but they're both an hour away in southern Oregon (Im in Nor. Cal). I make it there usually once a month. There's no Hobby Lobby or AC Moore in CA or OR. BooHoo! They have online shopping though Grin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2010: 100/50

My wist: http://www.wists.com/SharLaMarz

Contact me for a personal swap!
Ffrogg526

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2010 12:43:46 PM »

I suppose I'm lucky.  I have a wonderful crafting mecca of A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby and Michael's all within less than 5 minutes of each other.  I don't have a JoAnn's though.  But I can get to one when I visit the hubby in Atlanta.  Its 20 or 30 minutes away from where he lives.  When traffic doesn't suck.   Wink

I try to add lots of stuff to my questionnaires.  I need to go beef up my wist with Halloween-y goodness though.  There's not a whole lot on there.  I really can't wait until Friday to get my partner!  I'm going over to storage sometime soon to find my Halloween yarn.  I thought it was in my closet with most of my other yarn but its not.  That's okay.  I can't find the pattern I want anyway.  So I'll be looking for that too while I clean my room.  Stupid shelf falling off the wall and forcing me to clean.   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

grimmscreed
« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2010 12:48:12 PM »

So has anyone else tried too beef up their wists and found things that maybe should have been included in the questionaire?

I didn't even have a wist until I signed up for this swap, so you'd better believe I've been beefing mine up!  I've been on a veritable wisting frenzy the last few days.  Hopefully my partner won't have a hard time figuring me out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/grimmscreed

Swaps:
WWP Ostara Basket Round 26: Sent and received!
Craft with a Fat Quarter: Stalking and plotting
Givers and Needers Round 9: Packages sent to both of my needers!
szuzu1969
PEZ Dispenser

ohhh shiny pretty happy things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2010 12:55:45 PM »

So has anyone else tried too beef up their wists and found things that maybe should have been included in the questionaire?

I didn't even have a wist until I signed up for this swap, so you'd better believe I've been beefing mine up!  I've been on a veritable wisting frenzy the last few days.  Hopefully my partner won't have a hard time figuring me out!

I know what you mean on loading the wist up. I am in a few swaps right now and always find new things to wist in their wist lists. So I stalk and copy others all the time I think I may start looking at flickr too. Cant wait for friday!!!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010 12:58:30 PM by szuzu1969 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want something bad enough the entire universe will conspire to help you get it.
Starsview
Queen of Procrastination

I've been meaning to make myself a crown...

« Reply #166 on: July 28, 2010 02:40:21 PM »

I was just looking around online for things to add to my wists (halloweeny or not since they have been neglected for a while) and what do I see when I search 'halloween' on wists? I see the names of you guys! Haha! It feels good to not be the only one ridiculously excited! My husband doesn't get the excitement, but indulges me bc he knows crafting makes me happy. Smiley

I have some time this weekend to go craft shopping so I hope we get partners in enough time for me to get some ideas cooked up for shopping on Saturday! I know some of you guys already have ideas, and some have even started crafting, but I just can't get that far without knowing who my partner is. I think of swapping as crafting for someone and not for some reason Smiley If I was left to my own devices who knows what would get done! hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thats Mrs. McGonigal to you! No really! ✩10.25.09

wistsportfoliosketchbook
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #167 on: July 28, 2010 02:51:17 PM »

I was just looking around online for things to add to my wists (halloweeny or not since they have been neglected for a while) and what do I see when I search 'halloween' on wists? I see the names of you guys! Haha!

Oh really?? Ha ha! I'm going to have to do a wist search myself. I've already added a couple pages of Halloween goodies but I suppose more wouldn't hurt Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #168 on: July 28, 2010 03:38:44 PM »

I keep forgetting to wist things when I see them and then I can't find them when I'm wist hunting....I'll try and get a bit more wisitg in before fri.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #169 on: July 28, 2010 07:57:17 PM »

I'm an obsessive wist'er Smiley. I find that it helps curb my shopping habbits. Instead of buying everything I love on Etsy, I just wist in instead!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 80 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Navigate the Workspace in Adobe After Effects Lesson 2
How to Navigate the Workspace in Adobe After Effects Lesson 1
How to Create a Title Screen with After Effects
How to Create a Title Screen in After Effects
How to Create a Title Screen With After Effects Lesson 1
Latest Blog Articles
October 2, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Washi Tape
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...