A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,032
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Merit Badge Swap!  (Read 9890 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aneyhall
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2010 02:46:31 PM »

I got a super duper cool Dr Who Fan Extraordinaire badge from cindibee:

I love, love, love it.  Thanks, cindibee! 

Also I thought I'd post the badge that Cindibee got from me as I know that she's had some internet troubles:

Cindibee earned the Albino Crocodile Spotting Whilst on Honeymoon badge.  Smiley  I also sent an extra Brownie badge--perhaps Cindibee can post a pic of that later. 

Sorry the pictures aren't great but if Cindibee has better pics perhaps she can post. 

This was one of my favourite swaps I've ever done.  THANKS EVERYONE! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
avocadoeldorado
Almost done, it just needs a...*&$%!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2010 03:13:22 AM »

Love the tardis and the albino crocodile!

I received this beauty from cindibee:

I really love the squiggly stitched border, I've only just got my first sewing machine so things like that boggle me.  Maybe in a few years... Cheesy  Cindibee says it's made with antique fabric which is very cool and gives it some character.  Also, that embroidered spider is mega creepy.  I may have earned my merit badge rescuing spiders from the bath but they still make me squeal like a little girl when nobody is around.

Here's the badge that I sent her:

Cindibee earned this badge by beating Eye of the Tiger on the Expert level of Guitar Hero.  As somebody who struggles on the medium level, I have major respect.  The badge shows the chords(?) for the moment the chorus starts.

Since ShesAZombie has dropped out, I'll post the badge I sent her:

She earned this badge by looking presentable when she had just rolled out of bed.  I went with a microwave for the image because they get the job done fast and it's only when you pay close attention that you can tell it's been a rush job.  I hope you're alright, shesazombie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2010 08:59:22 PM »

Disney till I die! HA! Fantastic!

I'm impressed that Barb learned a little crochet to do that! It's beautiful.

Glad you liked the one I made you, smmarrt! Was hoping you might share your recipe...

Sorry - I meant to respond to this ages ago. Anyway, using the basic Toll House Cookie recipe (found on the back of Nestles Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips bag), I substitute the soy margarine instead of the butter. And I think the recipe calls for 3/4 cup of white sugar and 3/4 cup of brown sugar, which adds up to 1-1/2 cups of sugar total. I just do one third cup of each sugar and I think they taste fine that way. And because I have a small apartment-sized oven, I cook them in a pan, brownie-style so it's all in one go and I don't have to stand around making batch after batch. You may have to tweak the cooking time - 20 to 30 minutes depending on your oven. They come out cake-y, but delicious nonetheless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in late August
Fall Dotee Swap - Sign ups NOW!
annachronism

will sew for tattoos

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2010 11:59:30 PM »

it was kind of hard to photograph the badge i sent to ShesAZombie, but here's my attempt- i made her a badge to celebrate the fact that she can do perfect victory rolls in her hair, a skill i'm VERY jealous of!!

i used a sublime stitching embroidery pattern to make a hand mirror badge. the hair is embroidered with variegated thread that went from a coppery brown to dark red, and the mirror handle is metallic silver thread (man i hate that stuff!)

i hope ShesAZombie liked it, wherever she may be!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
madmommymia
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2010 08:17:53 AM »

I am so impressed with your gallery.  I wasn't sure if I had time to take on this swap at the same time as 2 others and wanted to let you know that I am inspired to make some of my own merit badges.  Hopefully this swap might become a craftster regular...  Anyway, as a side note, I love us craftsters and our ability to celebrate our uniqueness as well as both the mundane and exciting things we do/want to do in our lives.  We are the best people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My friends I am addicted to "crackster".  I think they might be right.
I am interested in personal swaps, just send me a pm!

I love my life, my hubby, my sons, and my 2 crazy dogs!  Isn't life grand?
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2010 01:37:36 PM »

These badges are so very awesome and inspiring.  I would love to participate in the next round! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2010 02:34:40 PM »

I so hope there's another round!  For me, making these badges for my fellow swappers was so much fun, and inspiring to me.  I plan to make more badges, even if we don't have another round.   Like for my sister, who just graduated from cosmetology school, and landed her first stylist job: The Mullet Slayer.  Yep, she hates mullets, and has talked a couple of her clients out of them, and gave them fabulous, updated looks that they love.  Cheesy

OH -- and I LOVE the new badges posted!  I have to admit I'm partial to the felt/embroidered ones, esp. the handheld mirror.  Working with metallic thread is a nightmare (for me), and the handle on the mirror looks perfect, annachronism!  I think you just earned yourself a merit badge.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010 02:37:04 PM by barbolot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dharma_rebel
I'm a little bit country, and I'm a little bit rock and roll.

put a bird on it

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2010 10:19:45 PM »

Wow! There are just so many super fantastic badges here! It's been awhile since I had time to check the gallery. I love the blue haired librarian, the albino alligator, the hand mirror with reflection.

I'm sorry that I've been bad about posting pics  Embarrassed but never fear. This is gonna be pic obese (I was in two groups) so be aware. Kittykill posted my awesome state-fair style raising chickens badge. I don't actually do that yet, because I live in a house my parents own and they say no to chickens. But, I told them, that I really have to earn this badge now! And barbolot made me an amazing coffee junkie badge. I just love both these ladies styles! Now, without further adieu...

Calsters made me a badge for recycling! Out of all her scrappage! Cool idea. PLUS she sent a couple of bookmarks and some stickers for my DD. She loved that, Callie, thanks so much!

From smmarrt I got my second derby badge! She offered to make another, since I had already received one from someone else, but, I love having two! Since this is another that I still have to earn, having two makes it seem more important! Plus I had to share the cute lil' card and my fortune on my Crafty Girl badge:

Here is my second coffee junkie badge. I'm pretty sure that gabberwockgifts sent this to me, since the first initial on the envelope is G. No username to identify though. And, yeah, I've totally earned at least two of these!  Wink

Whew! Thanks everybody! This has been a super swap and I'll be excited for another. Oh, and teag, I haven't forgotten you! I started your replacement badge, and since it will be identical to the one that someone at the post office stole  Wink I'm not gonna post the pic of the first badge. I promise to finish up and send by Wednesday at the latest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annachronism

will sew for tattoos

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2010 08:42:16 AM »

here's my badge from Cindibee- the second that i've been awarded for being a blue-haired librarian  Grin

i love the checkered fabric, it's very rockabilly  Smiley and how did you know i have a pair of red cat's eye glasses, Cindibee?!

close-up on those gorgeous embroidered glasses-

i'm so lucky to have received such a stylish badge- i think i'm going to have to take both my library-themed badges into work sometime soon to show them off  Grin thank you, Cindibee! now i'm just waiting on my angel badge  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
avocadoeldorado
Almost done, it just needs a...*&$%!

« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2010 10:10:54 AM »

Wow, cindibee is a very talented lady.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stop Motion Recorder for the iPhone
The Making of Tarzan: Where Science and Art Meet
Tron: Legacy Costume Designer Talks Light-Up Fabrics, Style, and the Future of Fashion
The VIDADIFH Show: James L. Brooks
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Tron: Legacy
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...