A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,501
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zucchini and Heirloom Tomato Breakfast Scramble - VEGAN  (Read 420 times)
Tags for this thread: vegan , breakfast , recipe , zucchini , tomato  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

motleystew
« on: July 12, 2010 12:27:17 PM »

Posted to my Blog: Motley Stew http://rosemaryx.wordpress.com/2010/07/03/the-vegan-omnivore-tofu-scramble/ (check there for photos!)

Text was taken from my blog - i did NOT make this today - also, I am not a vegan i just LOVE vegan foods! This morning the boy made me a yummy tofu scramble with mushrooms and kale. SO GOOD.

"I made my first Breakfast and full meal at my new place this morning! Tofu Scramble with zucchini and heirloom tomato. YUM! My tomato may look ripe in the photos, however it was very green on the inside which added a mild tartness to the scramble.

Of course in true Grace fashion I paired my vegan scramble with two slices of my favorite bacon from Whole Foods and some very non-vegan olive loaf. My friend Erin once told me that Im the most Vegan Omnivore she knows and it really is true. Im obsessed with vegan foods yet I all too often pair those food with very non-vegan ones."

The Recipe:

1/2 medium yellow onion diced

2 cloves garlic minced

1 zucchini shredded

1 heirloom tomato diced

1/2 block firm or extra firm tofu crumbled

Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce/tamari to taste

1/2 tsp. ground black pepper

1 tsp paprika

1/2 cup nutritional yeast

1 tbs margarine or olive oil

Start by adding the margarine or oil to a frying pan while bringing the heat up. Add the onion and garlic and cook on medium heat until translucent. Add the zucchini, tomatoes, black pepper and paprika and cook until the tomatoes start to breakdown. Add the tofu and Braggs stirring and sauting until the liquid from the veggies and Braggs is almost gone then add the nutritional yeast.

I like my scrambles pretty firm and salty so I will often add more nutritional yeast and Braggs until I get the flavor and consistency I want. But I suggest erring on the side of less is more to begin with and then adding to that. Mine ended up being pretty onion heavy as well, which I love. Definitely feel free to experiment with ingredient portions and such. I was wishing I had oyster mushrooms on hand to add to it but I opted to NOT include the beet greens I had in the crisper. Anything goes when making a scramble. Thats one of the reasons theyre so great!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010 01:35:04 PM by motleystew » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Charles Kipps Talks About Crystal Death
Meet Author Simon Doonan
Ian Black and Peter Brown Talk About The Purple Kangaroo
Free Agent Book Trailer
Doug Magee Talks About Never Wave Goodbye
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...