A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
784 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Total block. PLEASE help--kinda long  (Read 671 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

daydreamer13579
« on: May 14, 2005 11:48:04 AM »

My husband got a new job in another state and we will be moving. We have been here for 5 years and I have made some very good friends. I usually am not short on ides but my mind is blank as to what to make for 3 of  the people I've grown to love.

Steph- accountant, but not your typical accountant, she loves to party. We are so much alike, but so very different. I have the artistic streak, and can't balance my checkbook, and she dresses in neutrals because she has no color sense, but we finish each others sentences. She loves football, and houseplants. The only jewelry she wears is gold so my beading won't work- any ideas?

Keyth and Donnie- I hate stereotypes, but they are the stereotypical gay couple. I love them both to death- Keyth was my first friend when we moved here. He has now finished his Master's degree and is a Librarian. Donnie is an executive chef. Both are very creative and crafty. Their gift has to be really special. I thought about a painting, but one like bright and bold, the other subdued and earth tones. 

I don't do anything with thread/yarn- sew, crochet, knit etc. but I am pretty good at everything else. I really could use all your crafter Brian power for ideas.

I have a little over a month- the going away blow out is June 25 and I want to have things done by then.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SKN725
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005 06:03:31 PM »

Thinking on paper here, ok?  Librarian--books--poetry--A book of poetry with certain poems bookmarked because of their appropriate message?  Chef--Your favorite recipe for something so simple he wouldn't think of it in a nice frame.  Unartsy accountant--A VERY artsy picture frame with both of you--cute if you were in tan and her in red or purple if you could pull it off by telling her that's how you want to remember her. Or for the guys etched glassware with their monograms. (There's a post here about how to do that.)  Welllllll, that's a start.  I'll  probably come up with more---but don't the gifts usually go to the departing person?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daydreamer13579
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2005 06:38:55 PM »

Or for the guys etched glassware with their monograms. (There's a post here about how to do that.)  Welllllll, that's a start.  I'll  probably come up with more---but don't the gifts usually go to the departing person?

The etched glassware is an awesome idea. They would love it. Maybe with some wine glass charms. Thanks!!!!

I know that usually the departing people get the good bye gifts, but these people are so special, and I want to do some thing really memorable.  Now for the accountant....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
No Opponent in Backgammon
Bearing in to Win a Race in Backgammon
Bearing in to Save Gammon in Backgammon
Change Game Plan in Backgammon
Holding Game in Backgammon
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...