A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 13 Gallery!  (Read 14788 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lilley
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2010 04:28:21 AM »

WOW!!  I've been away on holiday and missed so much!

I love all your packages so wonderful and inspiring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Xbeautiful_disasterX
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2010 09:58:49 AM »

I had a great time doing this swap! It was so much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Only the insane equate pain with success"

"Because Flakers go to Craft Hell, where you have spend all your days picking glitter off of wool sweaters.  Just saying. No one wants that."-shadow box
My pintrest:  http://pinterest.com/lisa5691
nicegoing
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2010 11:58:12 PM »

I received my package from Lolailo yesterday!!!!! I was so excited to rip into it, but I had to stop and explain the concept of a swap to my mother. I'm still not sure she gets it. Roll Eyes

As a lot of you might have read in my bio, I'm heading off to my freshman year of college soon (less than 3 weeks!!!). Lolailo really took this to heart and crafted some amazing goodies that will definitely be joining me in my dorm room.

On to the goodies!

Of course I open the biggest package first...

How cute is that?! I love love love the color combination and I needed something just like this for my dorm. I love the ribbon and the adorable little bows really pull it all together.

Another shot...

Yeah, this will be getting a ton of use in my dorm room!

Next item up....

Can you say adorable?! I can't wait to find a place for this little piece of art. I honestly have to smile every time I look at it.  Cheesy

Gotta have a close up...

Correct me if I'm wrong but are his scales made from the inside of security envelopes??

Moving on...

I feel like I'm overusing words like "cute" and "adorable" but really, how else can I describe these? I was having a hard time photographing these so I this is what I had to resort to. I absolutely love them. They will surely liven up my closet at college. Smiley

And last but not least...

The picture does not do this justice! I don't know why I had such a difficult time photographing this.. I apologize for the quality. Sad It's a little mirror with a gorgeous blue frame with a border of faux buttons. Is this the last item that you were having trouble with, Lolailo? If so, it was totally worth it! Cheesy

Lolailo also included some patterns for really cute hats! I've never made a hat before, it'll be fun to try something new.

I'm so incredibly happy with my package! Thank you so much for being an amazing partner, Lolailo. I really appreciate all the work you went through to make sure everything was perfect. And thank you for making my first swap experience a fantastic one! I can't wait to do more swaps in the future. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melinda06sue
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2010 12:03:57 AM »

that button mirror is sooo cute i may just have to make myself one of those!! Goodluck on your first semester at college. I'm going into my kinda junior year myself...haha long story.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purringcat
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2010 01:52:38 AM »

I love the coat hook! So cute Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annie220588
« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2010 03:03:45 AM »

What a great package nicegoing  Grin This Stuff is so awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wewilltaketothesea
« Reply #106 on: August 02, 2010 06:10:27 AM »

Those things are so pretty and unique! You'll definitely win the contest for cutest dorm room.  Cheesy Good luck with your first semester!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: August 02, 2010 11:39:09 AM »

What a wonderful package - I've wisted those beaded coathangers, they're just a marvel and perfect example of how something practical can also be beautiful (plus - on a practical note, bet they're dead good for holding on those garments that slip off regular hangers).  I love the fish picture also - how is it made?  Is it envelopes or is it fabric???

kudos Lolailo!!!!

oooo I hope my package arrives soon, I'm so excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
Lolailo
Saving the planet one cork at a time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2010 10:43:57 PM »

I'm so glad that the package got to Nicegoing/Heather safe and sound and things didn't fall off (always my biggest fear).

The fish is indeed made from the inside of different security envelopes.  I had been saving them for a while, thinking I was going to use them in iris folding, but never got around to it.  Then the swap came around, and as I wanted to make things that Heather could use to decorate her new digs, a collage came to mind.

And yes, the button frame is the one that gave me a couple headaches at the end.  The buttons were fun to make, especially finding stuff around the house I could use to emboss them.

Thank you everybody for the nice comments, to Heather for being a super partner, and to Lapoli for matching us.  She knew this partnership would work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just started a shop in Etsy.  Come check out my cork boards!
http://Lolailo.etsy.com

Or come visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/Lolailoh

Or follow me on Twitter!
http://www.twitter.com/Lolailos

Thank you!
GlinkS1063

I can make that...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2010 10:49:59 AM »

what a great package...everything is so cheery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Chinese Chicken Meal in a Crock Pot
Affordable Bo Ssam Recipe
Weeknight Beef Stir Fry Recipe
How to Make Naan Flat Bread
How to Make Biryani
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...