A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 13 Gallery!  (Read 15478 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wewilltaketothesea
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2010 08:37:39 PM »

Those are such sweet presents! I love all of them; I've always wanted to learn quilting! Nice job!  Cheesy

P.S. OMG.THAT.DOG.IS.SO.CUTE!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nicegoing
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2010 08:50:30 PM »

Shocked Amazing package! I'm so envious of jessiesmudge's skills!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melinda06sue
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2010 09:53:38 PM »

that bag is cute and the quilt lol, great package...the pug also Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krissy-poo
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2010 10:42:44 PM »

I was so excited when I got home and had a package from Scarlet!! I squeed a little. Ok a lot. It was kinda like Christmas. Here's my pics:

the box it came in. yes I took a pic. I have never heard of cool cups so it amused me lol.

everything all neatly wrapped with notes Smiley

a cute beaded anklet with a kitty charm (my photo skills are not great). also please ignore my hairy legs and bug bites.

some melba, which I assume is the same as jam(?) made from peaches and strawberries from Scarlet's garden! This will be on my toast in the morning!

the kitties became very interested in the box at this point...

a tshirt inspired by an embroidery on my wist! LOVE! done in...fabric paint/markers? can I wash this?

awesome tree of life canvas. Scouting out a place to hang it.

apparently this started as a bag and evolved into a blanket! It's SATINY, which I loveee...had to spread it on the floor to get a good pic, and I couldn't get the cats off it long enough lol

this one shows the purple (yes, purple!) satin on the back, as well as the cats enjoying it immensely.

the whole package. with some delicious sweets I have never heard of, that are mostly devoured already.

Oh and Scarlet, the kitties thank you for their new toy:

(he's bigger than that box. I have no idea how he got in there.)

Having serious swap anxiety now! Scarlet I am mailing yours tomorrow, I hope you like yours as much as I like mine! Sorry to be so pic heavy, I was just excited!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melinda06sue
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2010 11:11:23 PM »

wow is all i have to say about that mario throw! love it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2010 01:33:58 AM »

Yippeeee!!!!!!!!!!! It came - and just in time before I set off on holls, so I can stop worrying now.  SOOO Glad you like Kris - I totally enjoyed making each and every thing for you.  The Jam (yes it is Jam) was in the fridge for a week, with a huge note on it saying "DO NOT EAT THIS" for the kids and various visitors who come to the house and raid my fridge.  I've had the peach tree for 3 years growing in a big pot in my porch, and this is the first year I've had peaches grow on it - we got 27, and I wanted to make them last a bit longer, hence the idea of making jam!!

The t-shirt is a mixture of fabric markers and fabric paint - and yes, you can wash it.  I've ironed it myself before I sent it - but I'd give it one more iron (directly on to the t-shirt) before you chuck it in the washing machine.

The super-mario thing was from a tute on here (I'll find and post the link when I get back) - as I said in my note to Kris, the original idea was to make it into a big bag, but after I'd cut all the squares out and laid them out ready for sewing I realised it was going to be waaaaay to huge to make a bag - so hence it evolved into a sort of blanket thing.  My first go at patchwork on this scale, but I'll definitely have a go again as it was fun - although it's, in my terms "free form patchwork" or in reality, I didn't have the patience to cut the squares all exactly the same size as each other, so winged it and cut them freehand trying each piece individually before I sewed it together - and I think it works ok.  I scoured the charity shops where I live looking for something peach to cut up for his skin, and the woman was horrified when I told her that I was only buying it to cut it up to make patchwork - but then I took her a picture of the finished thing, and I think she was somewhat mollified!!!

Why is it cats insist on squashing themselves into the smallest/most uncomfortable looking boxes possible???  I found mine asleep in my laundry basket this morning - thankfully on a pile of dirty clothes ready for the washing machine!

Have fun all this week - can't wait to check the gallery when I get back

S xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
GlinkS1063

I can make that...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2010 06:32:36 AM »

I absolutely love these two swaps, very creative stuff ladies!!!  the "vera" bag is amazing, beautifully done, i wish i could sew like that (maybe if i followed a pattern i could)!   and that wisted t-shirt is so amazing, very creative!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jessiesmudge
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2010 08:48:13 AM »

I received my package from Keogan yesterday and I was so excited.   When I opened it up this is what I found

That would be my cat, Smudge, lurking on the side.  He likes to help open packages.  Inside there was beautiful jewelry!!  I found these amazing bracelets:

which I put on  Grin

Then found another beautiful bracelet.  I love the colors. (sorry the pic is a little blurry)

And I thought I was all done and then I found yet another amazing piece of jewelry that is so delicate and pretty.  Keogan used the tiniest beads and I'm impressed because I think those little beads would drive me nuts, but the result is stunning. (again, pics not that great)

And of course, my cat loved the crepe paper everything was packaged in.

thank you so much for all the your hard and beautiful work.  I love every piece you made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jessiesmudge
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2010 08:58:31 AM »

Thanks for all the complements on the quilt, bag, and coasters.  I had a lot of fun crafting for keogan.  So glad you got your puppy.  He's sooooo cute.  I'm also glad you got the package but sorry for all the mix up at the PO.  Sounds like you had to deal with a lot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melinda06sue
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2010 10:00:43 AM »

thats a cute sache.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Si-Cology 1 by Duck Dynasty’s Uncle Si
Fury Series by Elizabeth Miles Book Trailer
Fury Book Series by Elizabeth Miles
The Smartest Kids in the World and How They Got That Way
Running Like A Girl by Alexandra Heminsley
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...