A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 13 Gallery!  (Read 15447 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Annie220588
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2010 01:18:29 AM »

I love the bracelet :-) Im addicted to bracelets, I must admit:D
Really great job!
The bag is awesome too.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010 01:27:29 AM »

Oooo the scarf!  Oooo the pincushion (wisting that) and Oooooo the bag - seriously great package.  And as for that knitting catalogue - absolutely priceless!  It's the guy in the rusty coloured sweater directly under the post-it note who's doing it for me right now!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
nicegoing
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010 01:36:25 AM »

I would SO rock that scarf and I love the bird-themed bracelet. Another awesome package. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlinkS1063

I can make that...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2010 10:53:44 AM »

Hey Katie I'm so glad you liked the package...I had a great time crafting all of these items for you!!!  You give me too much credit tho...the purse fabric was pre-embroidered (curtain fabric I think) and I colored it with markers...I am not tallented enough to do that kind of stitching, I can embroider a mean blob though Wink

Can't wait to get your package (tomorrow!!!)
~Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wewilltaketothesea
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010 11:02:48 AM »

Oh, that's awesome! I think it looked so cool with the embroidered stitches mixed with the drawn lines. You are so very wise and creative, young lady!  Cheesy

You're so clever with the way you reused objects and made them unique and lovely. The belt strap was so cool! I never would have thought to do that.

I am wearing the bracelet now and can't wait to go home to practice knitting some argyle sweaters!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seabound23
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010 07:13:14 PM »

so awesome! I love that scarf!!!! and the bag is pretty much to die for! Great job!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BeckZombie
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010 09:29:55 PM »

So sad I missed this swap! But I'm loving the gallery posts so far. Everything looks so great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KristenLynn
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010 11:12:22 PM »

Im so jealous!!!... I CANT wait to swap :-p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
keogan42
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2010 08:22:13 PM »

got my package from jessiesmudge today--yipee!

there was some drama starting out when the post office LOST THE PACKAGE--aarrrgh!  i had to keep calling them about it, and i think we can all close our eyes and imagine this kind of interaction. it was painful. "well ma'am, according to the tracking number, the package is here.  so come pick it up." "yes, that is the problem. it's NOT here or at your office." "well, that sounds like it is the sender's problem.  they will have to deal with it." "no, they got the DC so that this wouldn't happen." "oh, there is a DC number?" "yes, you just used it to look up my package." "oh yes.  well it says here it is in the office for pick up, so just come by." "i WAS just at your office and it WASN'T there..."  and so on.  but finally my package and i were united and these were the things inside:

well, well, well...what have we here?

let's take a closer look:

it looks like coasters!  jessie sews like a professional--look at these!  they came bundled up in a little green ribbon.  once they were set free into the wild this is what i found:

beautiful bright colors that popped against the grey background!  jessie knew my favorite color was grey, so they are PERFECT.  i adore these two patterns together.  these coasters were a great idea and am using one RIGHTNOW.ASITYPE. 

next up for presentation is this amazing bag she sewed:

i brought it to work to show my friend and she exclaimed "is that a new vera bradley?"  she is a HUGE vera fan (she had two such bags with her), so she was shocked when i told her my friend in oregon made it for me.  jessie is a true craftswoman. really high quality bag. check out the details inside:

this is perfect for me because i love little bags.  i really do.  it feeds my need to micro-organize. so i have great plans for this little bag already!

so you're probably jealous by now. i don't blame you. i would be, too.  but wait, the last, medium item...which seriously, with all of the work that must have gone into this must make it a large item...a superawesomefantastic quilted puppy blanket!:

look at this!!!  look!  it's amazing.

jessie used the most beautiful stitches.  swirls on the borders and what she called 'stomaching' on the center piece.  it's insane.  and look at the adorable fabric.  it has happy puppies and kitties with hearts, LOVE IT!:

and it came with a puppy:

ok, not really.  but this blanket came just in time.  we just got our new pug puppy, so i had to take a picture of him wrapped in it.  this blanket will be perfect in his little den so that it is warm and soft and snuggy.

i just want to thank jessie for everything--she is an amazing craftster and i am really lucky to have been paired up with her.  i am thankful for all of the things she sent me Smiley  i loved it all, thanks jessie!

(p.s. now i'm REALLY worried that my end sucks...eeek!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Torrent
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2010 08:29:25 PM »

I like those fabrics, they look really nice. Great job sewing, Jessie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Perfect Outfit for Work
At Home with Jayna Maleri of Lucky Magazine
How to Pull Off a Denim Vest This Summer
How to Dress down an Outfit with a Jean Jacket
Trend Report - Blanket Coats
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...