A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,969
Currently Running With Scissors:
526 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 13 Gallery!  (Read 13693 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010 02:00:13 AM »

I'm absolutely loving the jeans purse - may well have to have a go at one of those myself, also the sleep mask, I'd never thought of making those - but sure there must be at tut somewhere on here.  A fab package - kudos to Melinda06sue! x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
Annie220588
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010 02:02:39 AM »

Great things! I love the mushroom bracelet and the notebook sleeve. The microwave heat pack and the eye mask are so creative :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wewilltaketothesea
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2010 05:28:00 AM »

Wow- this is such great stuff! You are all so talented! I love the laptop sleeve- and I love the applique as well! And the knitting roll is so cute. You could ever find anything like that in a store!

Awesome job, Melinda & Torrent!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melinda06sue
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010 06:58:17 AM »

thanks for the compliments everyone, cnt want to see everyone else's packages!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Torrent
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2010 08:20:08 AM »

thanks for the compliments everyone, cnt want to see everyone else's packages!!

Ditto!!  Smiley  It was a great first swap, hope everyone else's packages come in soon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlinkS1063

I can make that...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2010 05:52:58 PM »

Awesome package, I love the idea of the needle roll (I've never seen one before) that would sure be handy, I am always misplacing mine Wink  nice work all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purringcat
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2010 06:39:21 PM »

Fantastic package, I really like the jeans handbag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wewilltaketothesea
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2010 07:43:12 PM »

Hi everyone!

I am so excited because I got my package from Sarah! I was completely amazed at everything she made- seriously, she gets a gold medal in crafts and creativity! Here are some photos of the things she sent:

The first small item was this adorable crocheted scarf in pretty autumn colors. She knows how much I am looking forward to autumn, and the scarf is totally going to be worn on a daily basis while I'm drinking pumpkin lattes and kicking leaf piles around. It is really soft and so unique! It is circular in shape so it can be doubled as a tube scarf or worn loosely as a cowl.

The second small item was the most stupendous pin cushion I have ever seen! I had a pin cushion on my Wist but the one she made was even better than that! It is seated within a little teacup that has a chinese dragon on it, and it came pre-stuck with cute pins. She even made two tiny origami cranes and sewed them to the top of the cushion. I don't know how in the world she did it. My old frumpy pincushion is going in a drawer and this will take prime position on my sewing table!

The medium item really blew me away. She made a purse/craft bag with a leather belt strap. She drew flowers all over it and then embroidered the flowers, which gave them a lot of dimension. She also included a pretty gold brooch  on the bag with a sweet note attached!

Okay, here's where things get totally crazy. The bag was packed with an explosion of awesome things! I had told her that I wanted to become a better knitter and crocheter, and so she gave a knitter's starter kit. She included this really soft ball of yarn that feels like a cloud, and a crochet hook:

She also included the knitting magazine to end all knitting magazines. It's from the 70s, and it is the most hilarious thing ever. Seriously, I wish I could make photo copies of all the pages and share them with the whole class. Each photo is of a glamourously feathered- hair woman in bright blue eyeshadow and crazy sweater vests. There is also a section of cardigan sweaters for the manly man in your life:

They are major hotties, right?  Wink In case you can't read it, the post-it says, "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" I was cracking up at all her notes!

She also included a bonus craft in the package. It is a charm bracelet with cute little bird and owl charms! I am going to wear it every day! What's even cooler is that she recycled the chain from another piece of "jewelry" that had broken.   Wink This girl is amazing!

I am mailing my package to Sarah tomorrow, and I hope she likes it! I was really touched by all the hard work she put into this, and I'm so happy to have completed my first swap with such an awesome partner!

THANKS, SARAH!!!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Torrent
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010 08:39:42 PM »

I love the colors on that scarf! Nice embroidery too  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melinda06sue
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010 08:52:19 PM »

that owl on that charm bracelet is adorable!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Frizz-Busting Products to Get You Through Summer
Teresa Giudice Explains Milania Hair Care
Wedding Hair Inspiration: Classic Updo
How To Do Vintage Hollywood Hair
Get Next-Level Sexy Hair With This Do-It-All Ingredient
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...