A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 13 Gallery!  (Read 14378 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melinda06sue
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010 08:44:04 AM »

I woke up this morning from the mail lady beeping her horn because she had my package  Cheesy I was so thrilled I just wanted to rip everything open...I was good though n took pictures for you all....

all the packages together, p.s. the blue one was the first one i almost started opening when my fiance reminded me to take a pic lol

things she bought me from where she lives...the chocolate was amazing and the soap smells sooo good.

package two was these great ami birds i was exstatic when i opened these, my fav colors on top of the bride and my fiance's fav incorporated into his as well I LOVE THEM!!! but it does get better  Shocked

package three consisted of this necklace and bracelet!! directly from my wist! I was so excited I had to put the bracelet on before moving on..

Package 4 got even better, inspired from my wisted items this is what cortney made me..

a netbook sleeve(i'm a college student and my netbook goes with me everywhere)
these wonderful origami stars and star beads were in the package as well and i'm already thinkin up a craft to use them  Grin

Cortney, I cannot thank you enough my package was out of this world wonderful, I kinda feel bad for what I sent you now. Huh Your work is so wonderful!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010 09:57:32 AM by melinda06sue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
GlinkS1063

I can make that...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010 09:34:20 AM »

Awesome package!  I love the notebook sleeve...did you (Courtney) use a pattern?  Looks like so many fun things in one box...great idea sending local goods Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicegoing
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010 09:53:26 AM »

Woot! Another awesome package. Everything is so cute, but I especially love the bride and groom birds and the netbook sleeve. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Torrent
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010 10:37:00 AM »

Yeah, Melinda and I agreed on extras.
I used  this tutorial for the netbook sleeve itself. I had to alter it a little because it was for larger laptops, and I freehanded the owl, stars, and moon (my first experiment with applique). I also used a pattern for the bride and groom birds: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351370.0. I made the veil using part of a Lionbrand.com pattern because I didn't have tulle. The mario bracelet was fun to make, you can't see in the pics, but the mushrooms and the star have faces. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010 10:37:25 AM by Torrent » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010 12:33:43 PM »

Torrent, I bow down to your crocheting skills - those birds are fabulous!!

Also - I'm going to wist that rain cloud necklace, it's just adorable.

Another fabulous swap package - can't wait to see all the others
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
Torrent
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010 06:35:34 PM »

Thanks Scarlet_Angel! I just received my package from melinda06sue after waiting all day, mail came late  Angry I am so thrilled with all the awesome stuff she sent me! On to the pictures -->

The box when it came (I scared the mailman, he was about to knock on my door  Cheesy)

The inside with numbered packages:

Melinda put in the most adorable giraffe dog toy for my dog, and a package of nummy starburst (her favorite!)

Rex has no inhibitions when it comes to chewing on another animal

The first package I opened was an awesome purple sleep set! A microwave heat pack and an eye mask; This is perfect, I have a glaring LED clock that bugs the heck out of me!

Next was a jeans purse! I have always wanted one of these, they are so unique. The belt is a purple zebra print, and the purse is lined with the same print. I love the idea of having pockets on the outside (sorry about your needles!)

Then, an awesome purple purse complete with a matching cell phone case (and a star button!). The case fits perfectly!

And finally, the greatest ever psychedelic needle roll! I love the colors on this!
The outside with purple ribbons (my fave color)

and the inside. She even gave me a set of purple knitting needles in a size I didn't have! Love the many, many pockets, I will put this to good use

Group shot (minus the giraffe, it was away on business)

Melinda, thank you so much for everything! I was totally spoiled with all this awesome stuff. Thanks for being a great swap partner!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

seabound23
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010 07:45:26 PM »

wow everything's so amazing! I'm feeling so blech on what I sent out now. I long to be as talented as everyone who's sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melinda06sue
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010 08:05:03 PM »

cortney, i LOVE the picture of rex lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicegoing
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010 08:14:42 PM »

Ooh, I love the fabric the purple purse is made out of.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melinda06sue
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010 10:03:51 PM »

that fabric is actually inside the jean purse as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Take Digital Photographs
Secrets of Child Photography
Underwater Photography
How to Obtain Custom White Balance on a Fuji S3
How to use Calibration Targets
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...