A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 13 Gallery!  (Read 13686 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melinda06sue
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010 08:44:04 AM »

I woke up this morning from the mail lady beeping her horn because she had my package  Cheesy I was so thrilled I just wanted to rip everything open...I was good though n took pictures for you all....

all the packages together, p.s. the blue one was the first one i almost started opening when my fiance reminded me to take a pic lol

things she bought me from where she lives...the chocolate was amazing and the soap smells sooo good.

package two was these great ami birds i was exstatic when i opened these, my fav colors on top of the bride and my fiance's fav incorporated into his as well I LOVE THEM!!! but it does get better  Shocked

package three consisted of this necklace and bracelet!! directly from my wist! I was so excited I had to put the bracelet on before moving on..

Package 4 got even better, inspired from my wisted items this is what cortney made me..

a netbook sleeve(i'm a college student and my netbook goes with me everywhere)
these wonderful origami stars and star beads were in the package as well and i'm already thinkin up a craft to use them  Grin

Cortney, I cannot thank you enough my package was out of this world wonderful, I kinda feel bad for what I sent you now. Huh Your work is so wonderful!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010 09:57:32 AM by melinda06sue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
GlinkS1063

I can make that...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010 09:34:20 AM »

Awesome package!  I love the notebook sleeve...did you (Courtney) use a pattern?  Looks like so many fun things in one box...great idea sending local goods Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicegoing
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2010 09:53:26 AM »

Woot! Another awesome package. Everything is so cute, but I especially love the bride and groom birds and the netbook sleeve. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Torrent
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2010 10:37:00 AM »

Yeah, Melinda and I agreed on extras.
I used  this tutorial for the netbook sleeve itself. I had to alter it a little because it was for larger laptops, and I freehanded the owl, stars, and moon (my first experiment with applique). I also used a pattern for the bride and groom birds: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351370.0. I made the veil using part of a Lionbrand.com pattern because I didn't have tulle. The mario bracelet was fun to make, you can't see in the pics, but the mushrooms and the star have faces. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010 10:37:25 AM by Torrent » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2010 12:33:43 PM »

Torrent, I bow down to your crocheting skills - those birds are fabulous!!

Also - I'm going to wist that rain cloud necklace, it's just adorable.

Another fabulous swap package - can't wait to see all the others
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
Torrent
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2010 06:35:34 PM »

Thanks Scarlet_Angel! I just received my package from melinda06sue after waiting all day, mail came late  Angry I am so thrilled with all the awesome stuff she sent me! On to the pictures -->

The box when it came (I scared the mailman, he was about to knock on my door  Cheesy)

The inside with numbered packages:

Melinda put in the most adorable giraffe dog toy for my dog, and a package of nummy starburst (her favorite!)

Rex has no inhibitions when it comes to chewing on another animal

The first package I opened was an awesome purple sleep set! A microwave heat pack and an eye mask; This is perfect, I have a glaring LED clock that bugs the heck out of me!

Next was a jeans purse! I have always wanted one of these, they are so unique. The belt is a purple zebra print, and the purse is lined with the same print. I love the idea of having pockets on the outside (sorry about your needles!)

Then, an awesome purple purse complete with a matching cell phone case (and a star button!). The case fits perfectly!

And finally, the greatest ever psychedelic needle roll! I love the colors on this!
The outside with purple ribbons (my fave color)

and the inside. She even gave me a set of purple knitting needles in a size I didn't have! Love the many, many pockets, I will put this to good use

Group shot (minus the giraffe, it was away on business)

Melinda, thank you so much for everything! I was totally spoiled with all this awesome stuff. Thanks for being a great swap partner!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

seabound23
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2010 07:45:26 PM »

wow everything's so amazing! I'm feeling so blech on what I sent out now. I long to be as talented as everyone who's sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melinda06sue
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2010 08:05:03 PM »

cortney, i LOVE the picture of rex lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicegoing
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010 08:14:42 PM »

Ooh, I love the fabric the purple purse is made out of.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melinda06sue
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010 10:03:51 PM »

that fabric is actually inside the jean purse as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 10/14
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 2/13
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 1/13
How to Connect Crocheted Yoyos
How To Change Colors in Tire Tread Pattern Crochet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...