A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,803
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Two Tiny Anime/Manga Things Swap; Signups DONE, Send Aug 30th  (Read 10159 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010 04:37:30 PM »

Oh my god.  I love FMA: Brotherhood!  Edward is cute, in a squishy kind of way.  (I never finished watching Brotherhood yet - I was up to the point where Father temporarily turned off the "fake" alchemy.)

I haven't heard the english voices yet for FMA: Brotherhood.

But I swear I hate the english dub for Bleach!  Every time I hear Ichigo talk, it's like - "what?  am I watching Power Rangers?"

Oh, if anyone is interested in extras (especially cosplaying stuff, please contact me - I've lost my main seamstress for it!)

Aaaah, isn't it the best??  Cheesy It just finished it last week and GYAH. Wonderful! I really like the music, so pretty. And yes. YES. Ed is so squishy, in a lovable huggable way... but he does grow quite a bit by the end. My sister and I, who up until last week got together every Friday to watch a new ep, watch the dub on Adult Swim now and always say "Lookit Ed! He's so little and cute~!"  Wink

...also yes. Ichigo's a good voice actor, but I can't hear him and not think of Power Rangers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010 05:25:40 PM »

Yeah, the music's quite good.  I love most anime music - but the most haunting one is Elfen Lied.  (I was reading the scanlation of it, and...it's much darker than the anime - which is beyond weird!)

Hmmm...I dunno what to craft for this.  Maybe some knitting or even a few stamps, or a decorative tin.

Also, I hope I get the traded stuff before I head off in September (labour day) - move ins for school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Got shopping?:  http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Madstamps

Personal Swapping...activate d!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
Butweed
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010 04:10:14 AM »

I sent my questionnaire in by accident, All my information should there but I usually preview and check my spelling Wink
So i apologies if any of it doesn’t make sense.

And I absolutely loved the tune for dragon half and also have very melon as my ring tune  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kali_akash
Proud, in a modest, non-hubris kinda way :)

Are those turkey vultures? Wait, are you a zombie

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2010 02:47:44 PM »

Huzzah for long craft times! I must join. =) Especially 'cause I got a bunch of Sailor Moon amigurumi and a just-finished-yesterday Edward Elric sitting around...

Um, I want BunnieBard for my partner, I love both of those! >u< Hahah. Yeah, subs are great, and dubs just suck. Why would you want to listen to that? I always find that not only do I get distracted by the voice NEVER matching how you imagine it should sound like, I already have voices for them in my head that the sounds fight with, but also that I get distracted by the words and movements not matching up. :/ Hahah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to to a personal swap for a good sleep mask!!! Inquire within the PM box!
Black.Eyed.Spyder
Do goldfish have nostrils?

Not a cannibal

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2010 11:50:08 PM »

You guys! *squishy cuddles all* I never expected as much interest as this has received, and you all seem to be getting along splendidly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010 07:12:58 PM »

Hehehe.  Thank you for setting this up!

*ahem*  I'm a recovering cosplay addict, and I rather be addicted to swapping than cosplaying...!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Got shopping?:  http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Madstamps

Personal Swapping...activate d!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
tavernkitty
Amigo of the Catigos

Woot!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2010 05:25:31 PM »

I've been going back and forth whither I should join. Have not done a swap in FOREVER and I am in between making stuff for cosplay. (I wish I was a recovering addict! lately some of the things seem more negative than positive about cosplaying but I do it because I love to and not because I care what some body else thinks.) But I just can not resist the urge. So I'm going to fill out the form and send it in.

As for subs vs dubs there always seems to be that one anime that you start watching in dub then midway through you switch over to subs (used to be due to availability) and just can not get used to the voice actors. Slayers and Record of Lodoss War were the two I cant seem NOT to watch in dub. Now everything else well the english voice actors are getting better but they have no where near the talent pool that the japanese have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my Wist
mymymissmai
I like you temporarily ;)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2010 04:05:13 PM »

I just started cosplaying!  Something I vowed not to do a looong time ago.  LOL!  I couldn't help it! I also vowed on limiting on my swapping.  That went down the drain.  LOL.  I wanted to work on my sewing skillz, so I made a uber pink coveralls from Skip Beat.  My boys cosplay too!  They were Mario and Luigi.  My youngest was Mario because he's shorter and full of chubs (10 months old) and my oldest was Luigi because he's tall and skinnier than chubs (3 years old).  Let's just say they certainly got alot of pictures takened at Anime Expo.  LOLOL.

Still contemplating on this swap since I joined the pokemon swap already (and haven't started on it yet...).

I'm thinking of making a bit more challenging costume for next year. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

uropygid
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010 08:05:28 AM »

I want to cosplay at the local anime convention next year, it's in February... help me.  Lips sealed
....Granted the three characters I've been bouncing around would all be relatively easy to make costumes for, I think... but still... I fear this becoming yet another very expensive, time-consuming hobby.

Like swapping isn't bad enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Max

live in the MN metro? I'm always up for craft meets!
TheMissingMoose

Seeking: Personal Swaps!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010 05:15:54 PM »

Sent in my Questionairre!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Cook with Vidalia Onion
Learn how to Grill Spicy Cajun Chicken
Learn how to Grill Smashed Potatoes
Learn how to Grill Yellowfin Tuna with Lemon and Garlic
Learn how to Grill Vegetable Medley
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...