A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Have you ever printed your digital scrapbook?  (Read 796 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lady Pistola
« on: July 10, 2010 08:45:01 PM »

I know many people publish their digi scrapbook pages to the web...but I'm wondering, for those of you who have printed them out, how did they look? I know many of the elements are meant to look 3-D, so I was wondering how it translated. The reason I ask, is that I just finished typing and scanning my mother's old journals and photos (she passed away almost 10 years ago) and now I want to put parts of her stuff together to make a book I can give to all my siblings. I was thinking of going the digi scrapbook route (never done this, but willing to learn!) but I want to print and bind it all into a book, and I just don't want it to look cheezy. That's my biggest worry! So I have to decide if I want to use heavy(ish) embellishment, or if I should just stick to a minimalist look....any thoughts on this?

Also, any inspiration sites to look through? I don't want it to be a traditional scrap-booky looking thing, more streamlined but pretty, classy, etc. This is really special to me, and I want it to be treasured by my family... thanks for the input!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
Lady Pistola
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010 08:51:24 PM »

Oh another thing...I really like the look of altered journals, and thought that if I could do something like that, it would be really cool. Lots to look at, read, etc...almost like a treasure trove, seeing something new everytime...does that make sense? I dont know if that would be a good idea, with the subject matter. Have any of you done altered art journal looking pages digitally?

I have all her journals typed...and stuff like birth cert, birth stats, baby photos, gradeschool class photos, letters she wrote to her mother, poems she wrote, stories she wrote about her own father when he passed away, wedding pics, cool stuff like a handwritten 'expense sheet' of what they spent on their honeymoon, etc, etc, etc....just life stuff, all up through her getting sick, the funeral, the obituary, etc.

I guess I just need help brainstorming how to put all this info together, to make it something unique and special. I could go very minimalist or very heavy handed on the extras....(please help!!!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
mandys08

and a helluva engineer!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010 05:32:05 AM »

I will start by saying I love digital scrapbooking and have printed many books. I guess I am going in reverse, because I am about to start my first paper scrapbook! Digital is great that you can rearrange, and there is no glue!

I mostly print at http://www.artscow.com/?Ref=499616

There are scrapbook kits you can use if you use their design program. So far, I have done mine in photoshop elements, but there are so many cute kits I am soon going to have to try doing it online.

There is a gallery where you can share your book, or see what others have come up with for ideas.
--- here is a halloween book I made last year for my mom of my sister & I's halloween costumes over the years---
It may take some gettig used to on the site, if you would like help you could ask me, also there is a forum on the site with people more knowledgable than myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScrappyMomma
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010 12:57:32 PM »

I have been making digital scrapbooks using the StoryBook Creator Software available through Creative Memories. I love the look of the books. They are really high quality, the hard cover books are stitch bound not glued. It's also a great way to make multiple copies of the same book like you are wanting to do...if you want to check out the SBC software then just click on the following link:
www.mycmsite.com/nicolenewcome
Then go to the digital scrapbooking section...you can even download a free trial version of the software that has the basics in it so you can try it and see if you like it.
Also, the 3D effect of the embellishments really does show through when the page is printed. It really does come out nice when it's all done!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
measure-once-cut-twice
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011 12:56:29 PM »

I also have been thinking of printing the digi scrap pages. I don't know if this will help or not, but there is an online printing place that has great prices on 12x12 pages. It might help if you were able to print some of the pages first to see what they would look like once they were "flattened" on to a sheet. I like the CM route, but think that this other company is GREAT. I love their prints. And they are VERY reasonably priced. The price for a 12x12 page is $2.50. And shipping is reasonable.

http://www.scrapbookpictures.com/SBPView.jsp

You have to sign up. But if you have a problem you get to call and talk to a real person! It is a shop in a town near me and I have been VERY impressed with their service.

hope that helps

Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making a Mural with Michelle Ortiz
Meet Young Manga Artist Lilly Cernak
Manga Artist Lilly Cernak at Work
Meet Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland
Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland at Work
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...