I was at the Goodwill bins with my aunt and I saw a Kirsten doll (she was wearing Kirsten's shoes). She was some bad shape, a really bad make-up job and a raggedy hair cut. But for less than a buck what can you do! I took her home and cleaned her up, my mom trimmed up her hair, the idea was to give her back to my aunt to give to her granddaughter. Anyway, she had no clothes, so I had to make some. Most of the patterns were modified from the "original" American Girl patterns
. You can get them for free!
Well, this one I made up, I thought she needed some non-western clothes. So she got a sari
Molly's PJ's in a dino print flannel. As you can see she has just awoken and not had time to brush her hair. With the right fabric the top could become a safari jacket
This one I kind of just made up. I think the skirt is a little short, but I was limited by my fabric.
In a regency style dress. I think this is a modified Josephina pattern. But I think this
is a better pattern. And I really like the look of their other historical patterns. I have never used them.
I also made this dress (for my Kirsten) which was a copy of the dresses I made my now nieces for my wedding. We didn't have flower girls, but I made them dresses.