A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,877
Currently Running With Scissors:
849 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: >>I Made Ballet Flats<< now with tutorial >>UPDATES<<  (Read 222516 times)
Tags for this thread: shoes , tutorial , ballet_flats  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cathou

se roule un mouton

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2005 09:16:53 PM »

how do the soles hold up to wear? I have this leather skirt that doesn't fit and that is stained that I can use for this... i'm just afraid that outer wear will destroy it in no time... any insight?

Oh and this is amazing... I think I'll get some chinese brocade for the top ... yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<("<) <( " )> (>")>
Buglady

Herding cats & chasing beads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2005 11:45:22 PM »

If you find a shoe repair place, they might sell you some of the special rubber they use on soles. Or you could just wear the shoes until the leather wears anyway, and then have them fixed by the cobbler. That's probably what I would do because I am impatient and would want to wear my shoes instantly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bead Bugs, suncatchers & unique jewellery - www.theartfulsalama nder.com
New Etsy shop! www.theartfulsalama nder.etsy.com
mostlysunny

teaholic and proud

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2005 07:56:02 PM »

Hellooo
Firstly, very very great pattern! I'm thinking of a painting some white canvas for them. But in terms of making the soles more durable, here in Australia (sorry! I'm sure there's a similar thing in the states) we have this gooey rubber stuff that you can use to fix cracked soles cos its made from similar rubber. You could try applying that all over the soles and that should probably make them stronger
Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Manny: Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.
onenonblond
not your average clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2005 04:03:39 PM »

ok i think that is really awsome (i know you've heard it like a zillion times already but tthey are) i might actually be able to make these!!!! i had wanted a pair for so long now i can make a cusom pair!!! do you think your pattern could be altered to have an open back also? or sling back? or is it not worth the time do you think? well whatever thanks for the awsome project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.lost.eu/21b28

i'm such a romantic...its not even lovely
kaliji
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2005 07:42:36 PM »

those are dead sexy! one could try recycled tires as a sole=> they work great for sandles the abbie hoffman way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

francey
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2005 02:15:35 PM »

I haven't really tried this - but I was thinking, perhaps put a layer of rubber cement on the sole?  I think it's reasonably cheap, and it's pretty easy to find also at school-supply places.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everybody's got something to hide, except for me and my monkey
barbi
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2005 09:50:42 AM »

they are lovely....i surely need a complete tut for it...PLZ Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainbowbrit
« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2005 05:59:44 PM »

I haven't really tried this - but I was thinking, perhaps put a layer of rubber cement on the sole?  I think it's reasonably cheap, and it's pretty easy to find also at school-supply places.

in theory that may be a good idea, but after rubber cement dries, you can rub it off with your fingers....so after a days wear it would all be gone
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shimmerstar
« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2005 09:04:55 PM »

those shoes are so cute!! I can't wait to try your tutorial out.. kinda confoosing I guess but I will get it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Steena
Summer Sunshine!!!

www.steenaywyw.com CHECKITOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!plz :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2005 09:44:41 PM »

I made a pair and they turned out very cute (after I figured out the proportions of my foot to the picture all printed out). But I'm kind of worried about where the material and the leather sole comes together because the material sort of goes on the bottom like the leather is stiff so the material overlaps on the bottom (this is hard to explain) anyways I'm afraid that the material will get dirty and gross does anyone have this same problem?? Also I was thinking about using some of that thin foam that you use for like masks for kids and stuff, on the inside to make the shoe more comfortable -- does that sound like it would work?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smile! It doesn't confuse people, it lets them see how happy and beaaaauuutiful you are!!!!!!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
April 15th: RIP Joey Ramone
Invisible Chinese Artist: Find Him in the Background
The Huffington Post Gatz Interview
Gatz Interview
How Permanence Shapes Creative Career Choices
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...