A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,138
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Vs Sewists Rd2 Sendout Changed to 3 September!  (Read 57764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

a.k.a.-"Ladybuggirl!"

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 03, 2010 10:30:51 AM »

I was in Michael's today for items for another swap, and on the way out of the store, one of the employees was getting rid of a whole bunch of boxes...guess who snagged four of them??!!  I'll be wrapping up smithnikki's items, but probably won't be sending out till at least this Thursday if not next...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
BoyceMachine
« Reply #411 on: August 03, 2010 01:03:12 PM »

I'm just back from a weekend in London, I quite recommend the Grace Kelly Fashion Icon exhibition at the V&A if anyone gets a chance to go. One of the dresses in it is a McCalls dress she wore when she advertised the pattern so that's quite exciting for sewists...or at least it was for me. Grin

Oh, that sounds fabulous; too bad I'm on the other side of the ocean.  And Gracey Kelley modelled for McCalls!?

Yeah!  Who'dve thought it?  

"Not to mention the fact that when she first met Prince Rainier (at a photoshoot organised to introduce the pair during her visit to the Cannes film festival in 1955) she was wearing a make-it-yourself' dress, first modelled by her in McCalls Spring Pattern book that year! Far from exclusive catwalk fashion, this dress, made from five yards of 35-inch-wide material, was one any woman could copy. And it was a snap decision - a power-cut at her hotel meant she couldn't iron anything and this floral silk taffeta dress was the only unwrinkled item in her luggage"

I was so impressed.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010 01:05:37 PM by BoyceMachine » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

www.wists.com/Boycemachine
gavagai
« Reply #412 on: August 03, 2010 01:09:01 PM »

I sent a message to my partner a few days ago and have heard nothing..... Sad

I am sorry that I didn't answer right away. As I mentioned I have been away on holiday for a few days (came home from Berlin late this Sunday). But now I'm back at work AND I have started crafting. And think I know what I am going to make...  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Spoopy
« Reply #413 on: August 03, 2010 03:23:46 PM »

I sent a message to my partner a few days ago and have heard nothing..... Sad

I am sorry that I didn't answer right away. As I mentioned I have been away on holiday for a few days (came home from Berlin late this Sunday). But now I'm back at work AND I have started crafting. And think I know what I am going to make...  Smiley

Thats fine! I was just getting a little worried. Hope you had a good holiday... I wish I could go to somewhere cool like berlin as a weekend holiday. But now you have me excited!! I'm almost done crafting for you, a cloudy day with nothing else to do does wonders for my craft speed Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spolowitz

Wiggidy Wack?....No just regular type

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 04, 2010 07:29:10 AM »

yarn bought,projects planned and patterns found
i'm ready to go!

just a few little things to buy to complete the package
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

a.k.a.-"Ladybuggirl!"

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 04, 2010 08:12:19 AM »

I found and bought a little "extra" item for my partner last night.  It might make up for the big _____ on the _____ I made her.  I have issues with patterns for __________.  They just never seem to come out right for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
udhillb
I live a knitting life, everything else is secondary. "Want to go out for a drink?" "Nope, sorry, I have a project at home that I'm close to finishing."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #416 on: August 04, 2010 08:39:15 AM »

I <3 Crafting Mad Libs!

I have almost finished 1 __________ _________ _________ for my partner, but still need to finish the ______ _______ and ____ ____ on it! Then I get to use a brand new yarn to make the _______ _______. I had to leave it sitting in my apartment office until I finished the _______ ________ ________ because I can't help but knit with brand new yarn and feel it and obsess over it. Crazy. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #417 on: August 04, 2010 08:51:02 AM »

My sister and her 3 yo are visiting from Alaska, so my crafting time has taken a drastic hit.  We've been doing all of the touristy things in and around Seattle.  Today we're headed to the beach for my favorite geocache I've found to date.  The beach is a little rocky one with little tiny sand crabs crawling everywhere and eagles nesting somewhere in the trees nearby.  It's great!  We've agreed that this weekend is all about crafting.  We're both behind and the weekend is not the time to do touristy stuff with a 3 yo.  Smaller crowds are definately better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
gavagai
« Reply #418 on: August 04, 2010 10:12:01 AM »

I have found a great fabric, that is now in the washing machine (for pre-shrinking). Then the sewing can begin!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
BoyceMachine
« Reply #419 on: August 04, 2010 11:16:10 AM »

I'm officially back on the crafting!   Cheesy  I started on my extra about an hour and a half ago and I'll prob be done in an hour or so with this one!  Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

www.wists.com/Boycemachine
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 65 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Luminizing Makeup Look with Natural Products
Energy Bites, 2015 Color of the Year and More: 5 Things to Try This January
The Perfect Makeover for This Busy Mom of Two Pursuing Her Doctorate
Give Yourself a DIY Lip “Facial"
How to Curl Your Lashes With a Spoon
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...