A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,873
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 65
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Vs Sewists Rd2 Sendout Changed to 3 September!  (Read 53539 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2010 06:41:35 AM »

I am hoping my partner will just look at my wist and list and say, this, this and this are medium which would you like.....

That way I can say the same.

maybe we could mix and match like make a few smalls to make up a medium if that's easier for my partner too.....

I am really flexible..... Grin in swaps that is not in body  Wink

Sounds good, however partners work it out within the parameters. I like surprises myself but I would still be surprised if it were between a few choices/colour etc.

We sound like a GREAT mix of people so far, no matter if we sew or yarn we all have similar feelings about the other. I have a feeling this will be nearly as good as the Be Awesome swap, maybe even BETTER!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
themuppet
Wants your tasty brainmeats.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2010 07:19:07 AM »

My mom taught me to sew when I was about 6-7.. she used to do these awesome fabric stained glass panels and put them in screen windows.. SO cool!  I now have the 40-year-old Bernina that was her pride and joy, the machine she taught me to sew on.. I never sew anymore though!  It's just so much work to drag it out, clear the robots off the table to make room for it.. Wink

Morrigan, I taught myself to crochet last summer and love it.. it's so therapeutic to me.  Just watch out..  I learned to crochet then had to learn to dye.. then spin... then needle felt... lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spolowitz

Wiggidy Wack?....No just regular type

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2010 08:18:06 AM »

I'm willing to do more than a medium,for whoever might be interested .if  the organizers don't mind as well.

a month would be plenty of time to get things finished
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftaddiction
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2010 08:47:49 AM »

Just watch out..  I learned to crochet then had to learn to dye.. then spin... then needle felt... lol!
Lol. That's what is happening to me. I learned crochet, now I want to learn spinning and dying. And since I was able to learn how to crochet, I want to learn everything now. Like polymer clay, resin and much more. I tried learn sewing. It was so disastrous that I thought I just couldn't craft and gave up for a long time. After I learned to crochet, I saw that I can do some things and that is encouraging me to try more things.  In a way, I wish that wasn't true. We live in a small town were we can't find supplies (not that we have the money to buy supplies anyway lol). I have no clue where to start learning any thing new. It did bolster my self esteem enough to get me to try sewing again. I'll never be great at it, but I think I can now handle sewing simple things.

I'm willing to do more than a medium,for whoever might be interested .if  the organizers don't mind as well.

I'm also hoping to find a partner who will want to do a larger swap. I can get a lot done in a month. A medium usually only takes an afternoon or so.

@craftylittlemonkey and amazing_784: I love both of your wists. Very inspiring. There are so many things on there I would love to crochet.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010 09:15:13 AM by styupe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
amazing_784
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2010 08:49:42 AM »

I'm willing to do more than a medium,for whoever might be interested .if  the organizers don't mind as well.

I'm also hoping to find a partner who will want to do a larger swap. I can get a lot done in a month. A medium usually only takes an afternoon or so.
I'd be willing to do more...I've got very little else to do this summer, and sewing seems to be a good time filler!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spolowitz

Wiggidy Wack?....No just regular type

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2010 10:54:57 AM »

the site ravelry has a ton of patterns for crochet and knitting.
hats,pillows,sweaters,socks,shawls...

and its free to  join .there's an option to make a list of favorites,so your partner could see exactally what you're looking for.kind of like a wist for yarnies
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2010 01:21:47 PM »

Oh I do hope I can join you all on this swap - my package for my first swap is currently winging it's way to Canada right now - so keep your fingers and toes crossed for me that it arrives and I get positive feedback by Saturday!!

I'm a sewist - and HUGE lover of all things crocheted and knitted but with two left thumbs when it comes to yarn  (well, other than hair braids, those I can do, but you can't really swap them!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
BoyceMachine
« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2010 01:33:53 PM »

I'd be willing to do more...I've got very little else to do this summer, and sewing seems to be a good time filler!

I'd be up for doing a little more if my partner wanted.  I usually decide what I'm making and then spend a whole day crafting from morning 'til bedtime and watch loads of crappy TV and get it done quickly.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

www.wists.com/Boycemachine
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2010 04:12:07 PM »

Grin  BoyceMachine, you just described my ideal day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2010 04:15:55 PM »

I had to laugh at my mum the other day.
Master 13 and miss 17 were at her place when something happened to his jacket.
He asked if he could stitch it up.
Nana told him to wait and she would sort it out.
Miss 17 pops up with this pearl "Geez nana he can sew you know...mum taught him"
needless to say off he went next thing was heard
" where is the thread cutter on this stupid thing"

I guess I spoilt him when I let him use my janome computerised machine compared to Nana's old janome work horse that she had when I was a kid.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 65 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chef Zac Young Makes Monkey Bread
Chef Zac Young Makes Molten Red Velvet Cake
How to Make Gourmet Chocolate Salted Caramel Brownies
Noodle Kugel Recipe
How to Make a Coconut Panna Cotta
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...