A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 306,085
Currently Running With Scissors:
300 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teesha Moore Type Journal.. anyone want to play??  (Read 119103 times)
Tags for this thread: journal , teesha_moore  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

All you need is love.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #590 on: December 09, 2011 08:38:10 AM »

That looks great, much less "pizza" like Cheesy.

Yay!  haha...that was the goal.

I do have one pillow with just batik dots that would look suspiciously like pepperoni.... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScrappySue
Tutorial Contributor

Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack.

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 09, 2011 05:20:04 PM »

thats lovely!
hehe, peperoni pizza would be good too....
S
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've started a wist!
http://wists.com/scrappysue
working on the Teesha Moore craftalong
Destashing the craft room
GoldenSunshine

Cookie Monster LOVE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: December 21, 2011 08:52:24 AM »

After I finished one of my project, I am going to start in this bandwagon of making my own Teesha Moore Bag or whatever I can come up with. First of all. I am trying to figure out, and looking at your photos on how to attach each single square together. Some of you used a different thread color to attach, some of them were invisible! How do you do the invisible way? Do you use cotton thread and sew on the sides (where the fabric folds over) like I call it, invisible stitch.  I don't know if this is clear to you. Photos or tips,  anything would help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am up for private swap for Teesha Moore patches!! PM me if  you are interested! :-D
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

I am so bored! Crafting boredom...HELP!

« Reply #593 on: December 21, 2011 11:24:08 AM »

I put two pillows together face to face and sew them on the backside (unembellished side?) using whatever thread I have in my needle...Smiley...I don't care if the stitches show, but they don't...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Icekibby

Leopardprint Goddess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: January 27, 2012 12:27:31 AM »

Okay, I'm hopping in here too! For the moment I'll post links to some finished similar projects I've done, and when I find my camera cord I'll post some in-progress stuff. I have collections of patches going for a Harry Potter bag, an Egyptian themed journal, some nature themed ones for another journal, and other random things. I also have a completed Kobo cover in leopard print embellished with gold beads that I love.

One trick I use when making journals and similar items is to put a piece of plastic canvas in the back cover to give it a bit of stiffness. I didn't read every page here so I don't know if anyone else does that.

So, here's my wedding album for my cousin: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=388059.0
A bag I made for Quaggy: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=386154.0
Forest King journal, donated to an auction: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=165072
Some random patches (sorry, my camera sucked at the time, they aren't too detailed): http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=150178

I have more journals and will post the photos when I have a moment. Some of the patches, you'll notice, I handpainted the image on and then made the pillow and so on. I like having at least one completely made be me on each item.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist: http://www.wists.com/IceKat

Will swap for 1:12 exotic & magical dollhouse furniture and accessories, amigurumi, magical poppets.
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

« Reply #595 on: March 08, 2012 05:58:48 AM »

I love the idea of a box, CLM!

I'm struggling with what to do with my patches...I want to display them somehow, but a wall hanging just seems too easy.  I'll probably end up doing a wall hanging, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftsunderground
« Reply #596 on: March 08, 2012 10:43:53 AM »

Those ideas are really great. Right now I am making a pile out of mine. Is hoarding a craft? I guess not, but I just can't stop making them long enough to make something out of them  Cheesy

I like the idea of creating a fabric box, something for my dresser to hold jewelry or other items--maybe stacked boxes or baskets in a group. And, I like the idea of hanging multiple panels on a wall. Incorporating a mirror really puts it over the top.

Still thinking....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teesha Moore inspired patches--anyone want to swap?
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

« Reply #597 on: March 08, 2012 11:12:32 AM »

AH!  What would I do without you guys to feed me ideas?!?!?

I think I'm liking both the table runner and the sewing machine cover...definitely have a few more patches to go, though!

Better get stitching (or we need another swap around here.... Wink)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

All you need is love.

« Reply #598 on: March 09, 2012 05:51:44 AM »

I like the valances with the hanging pieces...I wonder if my husband would let me get away with something like that?? hm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #599 on: May 03, 2015 04:00:11 PM »

I'm reviving the thread! Because a) we're still making and swapping patches, and b) I never posted this book I made years ago.  Roll Eyes The overall theme of the book is "the creative process," and I was waiting until the inside pages were filled up before posting pics, I guess. But after however many years now, I realize that it's a PROCESS that may never be finished! So here is the TM part of the book:
Front cover:

The yellow panel is my first attempt at nuno felting, and there are buttons I've received from various swaps. The big rusty one says, "It's hard to be humble when you're from Bakersfield."  Cheesy

Inside front cover:

And back cover, which is the finished product from what I had started in this thread a long, long time ago:

Messy, busy, fun, mixed media...as the creative process tends to be.  Smiley I'm probably going to add a closure but haven't found just the right one yet.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015 04:00:43 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm living/working in Yosemite Nat'l Park til further notice! Blogging about it here. No swapping for me, and minimal crafting time, for the coming months. Almost done with library school! That sums things up for now.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...