A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teesha Moore Type Journal.. anyone want to play??  (Read 81242 times)
Tags for this thread: journal , teesha_moore  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jodilee
« Reply #540 on: September 20, 2010 08:34:46 AM »

Your bag is looking good to me. So far I've made two bags the first was an envelope type with a flap lid  but about as large as a messenger bag and the second one ( still in progress) has been modified using the first model as a learning curve. I've made a lot of changes mainly concerning the handle because the fist would not hang correctly and kept bending in on itself so I've had to strengthen it by putting a clear plastic notes containing envelope inside so it holds its shape.  Sad

Yours looks lovely and the materials.......... what can I say other than I wish I was the swap partner. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: September 20, 2010 09:01:33 AM »

I think it looks totally great! But I also think you should make the pics clickable links because they're going to come up in "recent with pics" and "recent posts" and your partner is likely to see them. You want to keep this one a surprise, it's awesome.

aha!  good idea...ummm, how do I do that? 

If your photos are loaded to craftster, you can just select the second link to copy which gives you a small linked thumbnail Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #542 on: September 20, 2010 10:04:07 AM »

thank you!!!  Going to go do that now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: September 23, 2010 01:47:43 PM »

Hey guys! I've been wanting to make a TM bag for a while and finally got an opportunity to - I read through most of the discussion but maybe I've missed this; my issue is I'm not quite sure what to do for a handle. The bag itself is going to be medium sized, and I was thinking of something longish so it would hang at about waist length. I don't have a sewing machine so everything is hand-stitched but I'm not sure if I want to continue the patchwork up the handle or do it in some other material. Any suggestions for other material that I could work with without a machine? I'm leaning towards crocheting a band and embellishing but I'd love to hear any other suggestions. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #544 on: September 23, 2010 09:33:42 PM »

I am useing a belt on mine at the mo...pic's next week I hope.  But I am thinking I will braid some silk strips maybe? for a more scrappy look then the belt.  It's a green plether belt, so I'm not sure it is durable enough for how ruff I am on purses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: September 24, 2010 02:25:09 AM »

I've not made a bag yet, but I bet a crochet strap would look great since the bag would be textural and mixed media. It could be fun to add fabric strips or beads in to the crochet too, in some way. Or maybe a crochet strap with fabric ends so it's not just one long piece?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: September 24, 2010 04:43:35 AM »

Ooh a belt is an interesting idea. Though I have no idea how I'd fix it to the body of the bag securely??

I was thinking of weaving in charms, beads, ribbon and the like into the strap so it matches the bag somewhat in it's textural variation  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NH822

"Every day is better than the last!" -Logan, age 6

« Reply #547 on: September 24, 2010 07:25:35 AM »

I just finished my bag and will post once my swap partner has received, but I just made the strap one long "pillow"  However I didn't stitch around the edges.  I just quilted it.  I know I put a lot of wear and tear on my purse handles/straps, plus I wanted the focus to be on the bag's flap.

Can't wait to see pics of everyone's purse/bags!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues."
-Elizabeth Taylor
sheepBlue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: September 24, 2010 02:00:16 PM »

Hey would anyone have any interest in a TM swap where we would trade fabric and baubles? I thought it would be fun to have more variety when I'm making my pillows  Grin I posted on the Swap Idea Board

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360375.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDiem
« Reply #549 on: September 26, 2010 09:19:31 AM »

Some of my embroidered pillows:

I'm not sure what to do with them - may turn them into a flap for a messenger style laptop bag and I plan to embellish them after they are sewn together. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Progress not perfection.

http://craftydiem.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 67 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sneak Peek at Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
Tips from Lauren Luke: Becoming a Makeup Artist
Bethenny Frankel on the Skinnygirl Rules
Kristin Kimball Discusses the Dirty Life
Lisa Lampanelli Talks About Her Audiobook Chocolate, Please
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...