A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MY very first poppet (ton of pics)now with update  (Read 655 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilsparrowdesigns

chocolate feeds the body but sewing feeds me soul

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2010 11:32:24 AM »

After lurking on craftster for years and finally becoming a member a few months ago and seeing all the amazing poppets (i love craftewoman"s poppets) and geting the pattern from ghlie i started working on  her after not having just the perfect materials for her i had to make due(I live almost an hour from my  closest fabric store:( )she has regular shank buttons for her joints, her body is actually a slightly fuzzy microfiber suede that i use for making bears but it was the perfect color, she is currently sporting under clothes as my hubby and father in-law were making fun of her for being naked, and both laughed hysterically when  i  emerged from  my  sewing room  with and  undershirt and panties made for her ( i do have the patterns for both if any one wants then  i will gladly share since i couldn't find one online , i like to cheat ! LOL ) I only spent 2 days on  her well maybe a total of about 6 hours total she is all machine sewn, that was a pain my machine is retarded and has a mind of its own most days, but it cooperated for once... so with out further a due here is my first poppet  (who still needs a name ) in her undies  Smiley  

and here she is all pretty in her pink under clothes!

close up of her undies Smiley

side view (sorry for the brightness there was no happy medium )

close up of her face, i did do a bit of sculpting to give her more of a nose and make her look like more of an  elf but the camera doesnt really pick it up

**UPDATE**
Here are some "action" shots of cammi  with my dolphin Blue ,being 28 years old and having 3 kids i sleep with him *blushes*.....

and of course one of her and my third  poppet, this is the most current as after i did the shoot with my dolphin and was in the process of making the last poppet i was given a bunch of great bumpy yarn by an  angel on freecycle... and cammi finally got a good outfit pixie hemmed circle skirt and matching tube top, though  that has changed now.. will update again  once i  get a better camera.. love the purple, blue and aqua hair which  was laid in piece by piece in a specific order...

and there ya have it my first post and poppet all in  one sorry for the excessive pics i was excited... c an c welcome!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010 08:54:45 AM by lilsparrowdesigns - Reason: adding more pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chocolate feeds my body but sewing feeds my soul.. and aleeve helps withe pain associated with the needle pricks..
magicfan
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010 01:02:58 PM »

I think she is really cute. I love the fuzzy fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DancinInTheDark
Klutzy Paparazzi! ;]

Yeah, Train rocks. Best band ever!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010 02:16:29 PM »

She's perfect! I love her blue hair and her little face. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me + Craftster = LOVE. Wink
Hey soul sister, ain't that Mister Mister playin' on the stereo, radio? -Train
http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-173x63Alt1.jpg
lilsparrowdesigns

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010 07:27:15 PM »

thanks  dancininthedark , her face is my fave part though  her eye lids ended up a lil low she looks a bit high to me , lol  i  love her though .and thanks to  u  to  magicfan, the fabric is the softest and best of all i  think its stain resistant lol...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Chocolate feeds my body but sewing feeds my soul.. and aleeve helps withe pain associated with the needle pricks..
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010 02:49:09 PM »

A fuzzy poppet! How adorable  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lilsparrowdesigns

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010 08:48:56 PM »

thanks dlol it was what i  had on  hand , it worked well actually and is a dream to  work  with  makes me wish i  had more cant find any  of the right "skins"where i  live...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Resize a Ring
How to Polish Sterling Silver
How to Care for Your Metal Jewelry
How to Clean Silver Jewelry
How to Make Resin Jewelry
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...