A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: It's a Pacman Ghost with a Pattern!  (Read 4786 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , tutorial , pacman  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MsPremiseConclusion
« on: July 09, 2010 11:06:28 AM »

Here's a Pacman Ghost that I wrote up a pattern for! I originally made this little guy from a sketch I drew, and it wasn't until I showed the finished ami to by boyfriend that he said, 'Well, it looks just like a pacman ghost.' And it really did. So - design alteration - now he's a Pacman Ghost!

If you would like this as a pdf, it's free on my blog: http://mspremiseconclusion.wordpress.com/2010/07/09/pacman-ghost-pattern/

The Pacman Ghosts come in Red, Blue, Pink and Orange. You will need White for the eyes and a bit of Navy Blue for the pupils. The finished ghost is about 4 inches tall. The abbrviations are: Ch = chain, Sc = single crochet, ScDec = single crochet decrease and Sl st = slip stitch.

Head/Body:

In Ghost Colour, Ch 2.
Row 1: 6 Sc in second chain from hook. (6 St)
Row 2: 2 Sc in each stitch around. (12 St)
Row 3: (Sc in next stitch. 2 Sc in next stitch.) Repeat () around. (18 St)
Row 4: (Sc in next 2 stitches. 2 Sc in next stitch.) Repeat () around. (24 St)
Row 5: (Sc in next 3 stitches. 2 Sc in next stitch.) Repeat () around. (30 St)
Row 6: (Sc in next 4 stitches. 2 Sc in next stitch.) Repeat () around. (36 St)
Row 7-16: Sc in each stitch around. (36 St)
Place stitch marker on the final stitch of the last row. Do not fasten off yarn. Refer to Figure 1 for the following instructions on how to make the legs.

Figure 1

Leg A
Row 1: Following the blue numbers in Figure 1, Sc in next 6 stitches. Ch 11.
Row 2: Sc in first stitch of the last row. Sc in next 5 stitches. Sc in next 11 chain stitches.
Row 3: Sc in next 6 stitches. Sc in next 3 stitches. ScDec. Sc in next stitch. ScDec. Sc in next 3 stitches.
Row 4: (ScDec. Sc in next stitch.) Repeat () around.
Row 5: (ScDec.) Repeat () 3 times.
Fasten off yarn. Weave loose end through each remaining stitch. Pull tightly to close.

Leg B
Attach yarn in A6, leaving a long yarn end. Ch 1.
Row 1: Following the red numbers in Figure 1, Sc in next 6 stitches. Ch 11.
Row 2: Sc in first Sc of the last row. Sc in next 5 stitches. Sc in next 11 chain stitches.
Repeat Rows 3-5 from Leg A.

Leg C
Attach yarn in B6, leaving a long yarn end. Ch 1.
Row 1: Following the yellow numbers from Figure 1, Sc in next 6 stitches. Ch 11.
Row 2: Sc in first Sc of the last row. Sc in next 5 stitches. Sc in next 11 chain stitches.
Repeat Rows 3-5 from Leg A.

Leg D to F
Leg D: Attach yarn in C6. Leg E: Attach yarn in D6. Leg F: Attach yarn in E6. Always leave a long yarn end at the beginning. Continue the pattern established for each leg. Use Figure 1 as a guide.

Eyes

In White, Ch 2.
Row 1: 6 Sc in second chain from hook. (6 St)
Row 2: 2 Sc in each stitch around. (12 St)
Row 3: 2 Sc in next stitch. Sc in next stitch. 2 Sc in next stitch. Sl st in next 3 stitches. 2 Sc in next stitch. Sc in next stitch. 2 Sc in next stitch. Sl st in next 3 stitches.
Fasten off yarn. Leave a long enough piece for sewing the eye to the head. Make 2 of these.

Pupil

In Nv, Ch 2. 6 Sc in second chain from hook. Sl st to first stitch. Fasten off yarn. Leave a long enough piece for sewing the pupil to the eye. Make 2 of these.

Assembly

Using the long yarn ends from each of the legs, stitch the legs together using the back loops from all of the chain stitches (like in the next picture). Remember that the centre chain stitch of each leg should be sewn to the centre chain stitch of every other leg, as it is the centre of the bottom of the ghost. Before you have completed the sewing, stuff the ghost firmly.

Sew the pupil to each eye. Sew each eye to the head between Rows 9 and 15 with the 'V' side of each eye facing you. Darn in any remaining loose ends.

If you're not into pacman ghosts, the body shape is also cute for sewing on a silly little face ... like this:

I hope you enjoy!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010 11:17:23 AM by fantasticmio - Reason: changed blog link to specific post url » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010 01:53:41 PM »

Cuteness! I just made my first amigurumi today, and am itching to do more! I especially love the face on the red one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EllaRain
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010 03:01:44 PM »

This is awesome. Now I just need to learn to crochet. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. . . . I would rather have cheese.
http://pinterest.com/ellaraindrop/
veggiechef
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010 02:44:42 PM »

hheheheheh...this is a great little project. I love the different expressions you gave them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BE the change you wish to see in the world-Gandhi
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Peter Walsh Reveals His Favorite TV Show
Kieran Scott Reveals Her Favorite Movie
Ellen Crosby Talks About The Riesling Retribution
Joel Osteen Talks About Living in Favor, Abundance and Joy
Douglas Kennedy Talks About Leaving the World
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...