A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,665
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *Things with Tentacles*  (Read 20407 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2010 03:58:44 PM »

O.O Biggest. Package. Evar.

I am now ashamed and embarassed of the package I sent.
And a little afraid of that box...

On another note, such sweet sweet tentacly-ness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2010 06:12:57 PM »

Dear Mother of all that has Tentacles I received today and Holey shit is all I can say  Shocked
RoaneFaery totally outdid herself on this swap
..I am so at ahh with anyone who can make a poppet..I am just shocked and tickled with the beautiful and totally fun, awesome, wicked cool package I got!!
I am just freaking screaming HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! WOWZA!
Start with this Beautiful art work That is already on my wall now Smiley

see

Now the most Beautiful tee she embroidered. I love the color it is one of my fave ever. It is the perfect size too!
This is what I will be sporting tomorrow Smiley You can bank on that..Beautiful work just amazing!

Now, I want you all to meet my new Octo poppet. Her name is Roane she is so beautiful and I have to laugh If I did not just spend all day on the ocean at our base for Coast Guard day you would see pic of us side by side...Later for action shots... DH said she looks like me if I were a poppet  LOL Braids and all and even cute ears most poppets have pointy elf ones she has cute human like ones...I LOVE her  Grin

and she carved me a cute little Cthulhu stamp she said so I remember her AS IF I COULD EVER FORGET!! The most wonderful swap ever OMG I cant tell you just how amazing this package is Smiley I love it so much really it is so flipping out of this world!! and I have learned about a whole different world of Tentacle creatures I did not know really anything about but now...Hummm I think I really like  Shocked

~~RoaneFaery you out did yourself.This is the best present I have ever received thank you so much..This is a package that will forever be in my home and heart!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the bottom of the ocean Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2010 09:54:37 PM »

I dont usually like poppets... But that is the coolest one ive ever seen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aveykin
Perpetually in the Clouds

Environmental Science Major~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2010 10:26:15 PM »

Ok picture time!!

Octopus bag! (and in purple <3<3)

This little guy opened up at the bottom and had a neat little stash inside! I'm debating filling him up with nice smelling things and hanging him in the room XD

Some of the things that were inside, from the vancouver aquarium, which I love.

Also, this guy! Probably my favourite thing all told, the swirlyness and the blue just floored me.

Then there was this awesome squid, who's also a magnet! Trying to figure out where I can put him so his eyes get the best effect.

Plus, a funky vinyl decal that may have to wait to go on my eventual vespa XD

Extras! Stickers, post cards, band aids (I love crazy ones), a fish pin, lil squid eraser, some beads and shiny bits, two more magnets, martini squids, clips, post cards, nailbrush (I needed one, how'd you know?) and a whack of candy...the only thing left when I got home today were the pixi sticks, which now are gone as well.

Such an awesome package!  Thank you so much Suereal!!!!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2010 10:27:28 PM by Aveykin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap(s):
Surprise Ball Swap-Sent
Matchbox Swap-Sent
Warcraft Swap- Crafting

"Accuse not Nature, she hath done her part; Do thou but thine."
-John Milton

http://wists.com/Aveykin
Bewara
« Reply #64 on: August 05, 2010 04:16:09 AM »

Wonderful stuff Aveykin. I love that purse! I"m glad to see someone else likes to stick little notes all over things  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I never know what I'm doing. I just fake it really well.

http://www.thehappyfunshop.com
My Wist

Craft Swaps:
Embroidery Hoopla Round 3- stitching, stitching, stitching
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: August 05, 2010 05:52:44 AM »

I dont usually like poppets... But that is the coolest one ive ever seen.

I love the poppets but the Ocean life ones are my fave by far! She has a Mermaid Poppet Bff they will look awesome together...I am going to take some action shots later I just love her so much I love my whole package it is one of the best ones ever!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
thenorm02
Crafty Mamma <3

didnt know my whole world would fit in to 8lbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2010 06:26:42 AM »

TwistedTruth!! do not be ashamed of the size of the box you sent me! I am sure the contents contain just as much love as the box that I sent you!! lol

cant wait! your box should get to me sometime today!! eeeeek!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RoaneFaery
« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2010 09:56:39 AM »

I am so happy you like everything Babalina! 

That poppet was quite interesting to make and pretty creepy before she got her hair and eyelashes and dress.  I had to make one first to test the pattern I made and then realized there were only 6 legs!  So I reworked it and tried again.  I would probably do it a little differently if I made that pattern again. But I probably won't. Turning and stuffing 8 tentacles was much more challenging and time consuming than the regular 2 legs. 

And I am really glad you like the art work.  There were a couple layers of paint and paper below that one that just weren't working out. Sometimes simpler is better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
http://www.wists.com/RoaneFaery
Pintrest:
http://pinterest.com/roanefaery/
My Swaps:
Last completed swap: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2010 10:02:43 AM »

Now Babaline just needs a poppet that is a fish on top and a girl on the bottom Grin

I am going to post a few pics that I took of the stuff I made......just to show a bit more detail.

Vampyroteuthis infernalis the magnet.  I think these wee thingys are my favo tentacly critters.  They are fascinating.  Firstly, they are the only surviving example of there...genus I think it's called.  They are 1/2 way between squids and octo.  The spirally wire bit is a movement sensor cord that Octo's used to have.  They live very very deep down, where there is little oxygen.  They spread their bell shaped tentacle "skirt" to help them gather the little oxygen they need.  When they are threatend, they pull the skirt up over the rest of the body, exposing the curved spikes along the arms.  They look like spikey bowling balls when they get compleatly covered up! This ones eyes are clear, but they are normally blue. ( I used a marble that broke nearly perfectly in 1/2 when I dropped it...) And they can close the eyes with a sphincter type action.  The little dots near the fins are photophers.  They make them glow and then slowly make them smaller, so what ever wants to eat them thinks they are running away.  How cool is that??  They also have little dots all over themselves that either glow or reflect light..not sure which. 

This is a crocheted and dyed with Setacolor Octopouch.  I'm not so happy it came out a bit muddy.  But I like how the toggle closure came out.  I used Sharpie to draw the fishy details.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010 10:41:10 AM by suereal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a brake from craftsters. 
I will finish the swaps I'm in...promise Grin
mouser882
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2010 11:48:44 AM »

Wow, Aveykin and suereal, that is an awesome package! I love the magnet - and the details of the creature make it so much cooler, too.

Loving that little cthulhu stamp, too, Babalina!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Simon Sinek on Traveling to Distant and Unfamiliar Places
Susan Orlean on Rin Tin Tin: The Life and the Legend
Terra Elan McVoy on Being Friends With Boys
Jeremy Toombs Performs His Poem "The Alleppey Express"
Finale Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...