A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
504 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Daughter's Forest Nursery  (Read 18513 times)
Tags for this thread: forest , nursery , featured_project , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Artisan82

formerly Crafty.Canadian

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 08, 2010 07:44:17 PM »

My hubby and I welcomed our first baby girl about two-and-a-half months ago.  I spent hours and hours working on her nursery before she arrived.  I'm really proud of how it turned out.  I've posted a few projects on other boards, but I wanted to honour her room with one big post.

Here's her tree.  I stenciled this onto the wall using a giant freezer paper stencil.

Another shot of the tree with the window. I made the curtains by sewing together the three colours of fabric, then appliqueing all the leaves on.

A close-up of the appliqued leaves:

Here's her crib corner, I sewed the quilt hanging above.  It fits her crib, but we thought we'd hang it on the wall for now because it's summer time and she's too little for a big quilt anyhow.

A close up of the quilt.  I designed everything.  All those animals took about a month to hand-stich on there... I'm extremely pleased with how it turned out.  This was my first applique quilt.

This wall is a bit boring.  I did sew the crib sheets and the blanky though.  I also designed and made the raccoon peg-hanger.

Here's a close-up of the raccoons:

We put a single bed in her room.  In the beginning I slept in her room - it made it super-easy for nursing in the middle of the night. I designed and made the pillow sham.  Luckily I was able to machine applique the animals.

Close-up of pillow:

My last little project before she was born was to paint this little night stand.  I used paint leftover from the tree.  I bought the lamp online, and it matches everything perfectly.

Updated Jul 23, 2010 **** Thanks for all the positive feedback.  We were going for a gender-neutral nursery (this is our first and we're hoping to have more).  Here's links to individual posts
for the stencil tree: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=338804.0
for the raccoon peg hanger: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=339143.0

Also, here's pics of the mobile I made.  The animals are the same pattern that I used for my nephew's finger puppets here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=332097.0

And a picture of the painting I did to hang on the wall beside the single bed in there.  I think the painting might be a bit too finicky... but I didn't want everything to be too matchy-matchy, so I tried to paint in a different style from everything else.  (Admittedly, I'm my own toughest critic). My husband likes it, so it stays.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010 11:09:43 AM by Crafty.Canadian - Reason: Updated » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I post all my crafty stuff on Facebook.  I'd LOVE if you'd like my page!
Artisan 82 on Facebook
My baby, my Etsy shop: Artisan 82 on Etsy
Genesis1:1
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010 07:54:43 PM »

Wow what a great baby's room! you did an awesome job on EVERYTHING.  I cant pick a favorite, but the wall stencil and the pillow on the bed are so cute. Lucky little one Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wewilltaketothesea
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010 08:05:12 PM »

Aww, this is the most adorable nursery I have ever seen! It's so cheerful and unique! I love all the woodland creatures, and that tree stencil is AMAZING! Congratulations on your new baby!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fujiiro
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010 08:06:42 PM »

Great nursery! I love your colour combination choice. The muted greens and the strong orange are a colour combination I didn't think would work, but you've pulled it off really nicely here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EllaRain
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010 08:27:45 PM »

So nice. I love the quilt. The colors are really great. They are cute for a baby but will still be appropriate as she grows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. . . . I would rather have cheese.
http://pinterest.com/ellaraindrop/
jemimah
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010 09:19:59 PM »

That's absolutely lovely. And I really like that it's not pink! (Sorry pink lovers  Smiley )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

freckledpeas
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010 09:57:12 PM »

That stencil is amazing Smiley. Everything goes so well together. I love the animal theme!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
-zoma-

finally a picture of me

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010 04:34:44 AM »

absolutely fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010 05:55:41 AM »

A great room to grow into, I love everything about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010 06:09:19 AM »

That is a very pulled-together room. I also like that it is an unusual color combo. I get tired of the old stand-bys. I love the wall stencil and all the crafty touches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Oreos Milkshake Recipe
Healthy Desserts That Taste Great? Try Pumpkin Flan
Making A Delicious Almond Cake Perfect For Dessert
Pear Butterscotch Pie Recipe
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Swirl Brownie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...