A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Babylock Xscape bobbin  (Read 1424 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Christine420
« on: July 08, 2010 12:27:02 PM »

I recently inherited my mother's Babylock Xscape sewing machine, which thrilled me to no end! the problem is she lost the manuel long ago, and doesn't know how to thread the bobbin. Now, i'm not the sharpest needle in the sewing box, but I've tried everything! The Babylock website no longer has any info on the machine, and the store my mother bought it at closed about 3 years ago. Tongue

Can any of you intelligent ladies help me out? Its a horizontal loading bobbin, which I have never seen before.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PepsiTwist
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010 12:44:17 PM »

I honestly have no idea, but I have never NOT seen a horizontal loading bobbin, lol. My guess would be you remove the clear plastic panel at the bottom near the needle, put the bobbin in horizontally with the thread unwinding clockwise and them thread it through the little prongs, because that is the way I have always done it with my mom's singer and my brother. I'm assuming you probably already tried that though, so sorry if I am no help at all...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010 12:44:34 PM by PepsiTwist » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DreamChild556

1+2+2+1. That's not six!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010 03:58:21 PM »

It looks just like the bobbin on my embroidery machine. As far as I know, you should be able to remove the little plastic cover, and drop the bobbin in. I would think there would be a little notch or hook of some sort down in there, to wind the bobbin around. Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1,2 Freddy's coming for you.
3,4 better lock your door.
5,6 grab your crucifix.
7,8 gonna stay up late.
9,10 never sleep again.
freckledpeas
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010 10:38:31 PM »

Try this link:

http://www.singerco.com/resources/operation_basics.html

It is for Singer machines, however you might find that the directions are similar. The diagrams are shown with pictures and there are a few for inserting the bobbin as well as winding and raising the thread.

I hope that helps!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
anamom
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010 12:48:21 AM »

I don't have this machine but are you talking about winding the bobbin or inserting the bobbin to sew.  As far as winding the bobbin I think you would do this on top of the machine, all of my machines have wound on the top. As far as inserting the bobbin to sew, it looks like the plastic cover over the bobbin housing has a diagram on how to place the bobbin and thread.  Janome has a horizontal bobbin and so does the machines they sell at Sears.  Maybe one of these dealers can help you out.  I think this is called a drop in bobbin.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010 01:01:45 AM by aamom » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Christine420
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010 10:12:32 AM »

Thank you guys for all your suggestions. I was trying to follow the little diagram on the bobbin case, but I figured out the problem was that it was blocked by dust Roll Eyes  I used a can of air (for a computer keyboard) to de-clog it, and finally got it to work!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PepsiTwist
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010 12:59:01 AM »

Glad you were able to figure it out!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Highlighting the Face Drag Style
Drag Style Face Makeup
Eyes and Eyebrows in Drag Style
How to Makeup a Cat Nose
How to Do Cat Eyelashes Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...