A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 157
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Sketchbook Project Craftalong 2010  (Read 111926 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1030 on: November 22, 2010 03:24:26 PM »

I agree with the gluing fabric on, bethie, that's the first thing that came to my mind!

I've got a bit of a backlog of pages to share... I'm hoping to really kick it into gear in the next few weeks.

Lots of scrap embroidery threads and whatnot...

Collage of ephemera with a print of one of my illustrations

You can't really tell, but this page has a lot of metallic gold to it...

I think I'm going to add more to this... I don't think it either has enough, or too much? Dunno, we'll see.

And I definitely need to add just a little more to this page. The cat is watercolored and pieced together with brads, so the arms and legs are movable Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1031 on: November 22, 2010 03:34:14 PM »

Oh my goodness, the movable (that looks really fun, lol) cat is priceless!!  Love it!  How did you cover the brads on the back of the page?  Are you just collaging or something on the other side? 

In the rain tag page right about that, those gold (yellow?) raindrops are awesome.  Are they puffy?  They kind of look like they stick up off the page, so cool.

The page right above that, with all the little rain drop squares, is really great too.  Those little squares remind me of inchies and now I have a whole other idea for a different project.

Mice should always ride cats.  It's the only way to travel in style.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1032 on: November 22, 2010 04:19:02 PM »

Oh my goodness, the movable (that looks really fun, lol) cat is priceless!!  Love it!  How did you cover the brads on the back of the page?  Are you just collaging or something on the other side? 

In the rain tag page right about that, those gold (yellow?) raindrops are awesome.  Are they puffy?  They kind of look like they stick up off the page, so cool.

The page right above that, with all the little rain drop squares, is really great too.  Those little squares remind me of inchies and now I have a whole other idea for a different project.

Mice should always ride cats.  It's the only way to travel in style.  Cheesy

Thanks bethie! Why yes, the yellow raindrops are those epoxy stickers, so they are puffy! Why i bought yellow, I have no idea, they look kind of like pee, lol Lips sealed Grin

I made the movable cat completely apart from the page first, so they're nice and hidden! I use hot glue to attach the heads of the brads to the elements instead of sticking them through both pieces, then use hot glue again to attach to the page (so it sticks up a little bit and gives the brads room to rotate) So there's no brads sticking out of the back of the page Smiley I wrote a little tute for movable elements on my blog last year. It's here if you want to lookie:
http://www.oopsicraftmypants.com/2009/11/how-to-make-movable-elements-in-your.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1033 on: November 23, 2010 06:10:35 AM »

totally awesome--and I like the yellow rain Wink Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1034 on: November 23, 2010 09:01:08 AM »

I love the yellow rain! I didn't think anything weird about it at all until you said that...lol...shows ya what kind of deep thinker I really am, ha ha!  Also, Nooo, I totally love your blog, just so ya know.  It's in my yahoo reader thingy and I'm always so excited when you get to post, even though I never comment (because I'm usually reading in between dealing with kids and trying to clean or craft or something, I'm always rushing, lol).  I will go check out that tut right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
foufigirl

Sketchbook Project Theme: In Flight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1035 on: November 26, 2010 04:25:08 PM »

Wow I am soo far behind on this thread, and on my book- I am loving seeing what everyone is doing- it's kicking my butt to get back into mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

« Reply #1036 on: November 26, 2010 04:50:52 PM »

I've yet to start mine but I've got most of it planned out.  I'm having a hard time finding a Perkins Brailler which I'm hoping to use for a good part of my book.  If I can't find one, I'll improvise but otherwise, I'm really happy with how it's turning out in my mind.  Cheesy  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1037 on: November 26, 2010 07:51:12 PM »

BWWAHH! I just looked at the calendar and there's only about 7 weeks until the send-in date!!!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethieB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1038 on: November 26, 2010 09:47:14 PM »

Nooo!  Don't say those bad words, someone will hear you!! lol!

7 weeks is not long enough, and that's all I'm saying...time for me to get offline and get to work, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fullmoon
Femailler

Artistic Spazzmatazz

« Reply #1039 on: November 28, 2010 03:46:33 PM »

NOOOOOO~~~ NOT SEVEN WEEKS D;
I'M SO BUSY MOST OF THE TIME I NEVER GET A CHANCE TO WORK ON IIIIIIT *CRIES*

Also, I'm curious, did anyone participate in the Canvas Project? (Other than me)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/lunaestrelladesign/
Deviantart: http://melonpan-alichan.deviantart.com/

Will happily do personal swaps Smiley I'm busy so I may be a bit slow, but I do enjoy swapping <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 157 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Gets Easier and What Gets Harder
What It Means to Be a Strategist
Why a Psychologist Chooses Design Career
Design An Arts Education
Design An Arts Education - HGTV Star Danielle Colding on the Arts
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...